Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we might be seeing Diana and Elizabeth down the line after all.

Gracie, Is it not nice that Hellomagazine and The Telegraph are in existence to give us all the details?
If every monarchy was the same, then each sovereign be the parent of eight to ten children.
Each child has their Christian name, which is their first name. Then after their first name would be six or seven middle names.
Consider this: Prince George has THREE names.
Catherine's new baby Could Have FOUR Names!!

Back to the topic
Hoping for something no one expects

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Several posts that did not focus on the topic of this thread - possible names for Cambridge baby #2 - have been removed as they were dragging this thread WAY off-topic. Further off-topic posts, including psychobabble, will be removed.

My last post was in reply to a post that now seems to be taken down

How about Blair or Claire...in keeping with the "spare" theme?

How about Blair or Claire...in keeping with the "spare" theme?

Ha ha like that.
I really think it's going to be different and I will be in shock like I was when Mary and Fred announced Vincent

Ha ha like that.
I really think it's going to be different and I will be in shock like I was when Mary and Fred announced Vincent

Whatever made you think of Prince Vince when I was walking about Spare Claire....:p

Whatever made you think of Prince Vince when I was walking about Spare Claire....:p

Ha ha great minds ?

That reminded me that my Aunt said to pick a good name for your baby put doctor in front of it.
If you would go to that doctor it's a good name.
Mm Dr northwest ! Dr apple ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminded me that my Aunt said to pick a good name for your baby put doctor in front of it.
If you would go to that doctor it's a good name.
Mm Dr northwest ! Dr apple ?

Good idea, what a very clever aunt you have.

How about Bombay for a little boy?

Shouldn't that be Mumbai? Of course, Paris, as with 'Hilton,' would be a good one and a compliment to the French. If going for home-grown names they could try Chelsea or Hastings.

Shouldn't that be Mumbai? Of course, Paris, as with 'Hilton,' would be a good one and a compliment to the French. If going for home-grown names they could try Chelsea or Hastings.

No, I am thinking of the old "Bewitched"...

"Paging Dr. Bombay!!"

Whoops! Thanks, got it, GracieGiraffe.

Incidentally, I hope the name chosen isn't something completely out of left field like Vincent, which I don't really like at all, JMO, and heaven knows where it came from. Was it a family name on CP Mary's side?

The Middleton parents were very conservative when naming their children IMO, and Catherine's name fitted in well.

Last edited:
Whoops! Thanks, got it, GracieGiraffe.

Incidentally, I hope the name chosen isn't something completely out of left field like Vincent, which I don't really like at all, JMO, and heaven knows where it came from. Was it a family name on CP Mary's side?

The Middleton parents were very conservative when naming their children IMO, and Catherine's name fitted in well.
Vincent is quite a popular name with all classes in Sweden, so it's possible it is in Denmark as well. To me it sounds like a perfectly normal name.

I have read that it may have been a tribute to the French side of the family. It's just never appeared in the Danish royal family and it is an unusual name for a royal baby. As an Australian I remember a few jokes about the name Vincent here at the time, that's all. It was just my opinion I was voicing.

I have read that it may have been a tribute to the French side of the family. It's just never appeared in the Danish royal family and it is an unusual name for a royal baby. As an Australian I remember a few jokes about the name Vincent here at the time, that's all. It was just my opinion I was voicing.
I didn't say anything about your opinion. Just gave another perspective from someone living "almost in Denmark" about that it seems like a super neutral name here. Modern yes, but really normal and neutral.

Vincent is not modern here - among the Irish and Italians in the Northeast it was quite popular - I knew a number of Vincents and Vinnies and I really like the name.

I think it's safe to assume that Vincent was a tribute to Frederik's paternal lineage. Saint Vincent of Saragossa is the patron of winemakers (and we all know that Grandpapa Henri is a keen winemaker).

I would personally guess that the BRF is too conservative to go with a name for a spare as relatively out there as, say, Estelle or Vincent but I'm probably wrong. I was very surprised with their choice of middle names for George so I don't think them using an unexpected first name would be a massive surprise.

Vincent is quite a popular name with all classes in Sweden, so it's possible it is in Denmark as well. To me it sounds like a perfectly normal name.

Vincent is what would be considered an upper class name here (or, let me rephrase it, in Danish standards, the delightful Katie Hopkins would indeed let her children play with a Vincent :rolleyes:).

For me Vincent is absolutely apropriate royal name. Vincent has all royal name's features:
1) latin origin with apropriate meaning "to conquer or win"
2) there is a long list of christian saints with name Vincent
3)this name is used in almost all european countries

it just happened than Vincent wasn't use for major royals in the past.

I would personally guess that the BRF is too conservative to go with a name for a spare as relatively out there as, say, Estelle or Vincent but I'm probably wrong. I was very surprised with their choice of middle names for George so I don't think them using an unexpected first name would be a massive surprise.

Alexander was a little "out of left field" but Louis is one of Williams' names and is in tribute to Earl Mountbatten who was a surrogate Grandfather figure to the Prince of Wales. I think it might well become a traditional name in future generations of the Mounbatten branch of the Windsors.

For a second son, be it this pregnancy or a future one, I feel that we could see names like Arthur, Frances, Michael, Peter, James become semi traditional as the families of Windsor & Middleton meld.

I don't think that Alexander was that strange. Isn't the Queens second name Alexandra?

Alexander is actually in quite a lot of royal family member's names. One of Prince Richard's middle names is Alexander, and his son is called Alexander with his grandson being called Xander. One of James, Viscount Severn's middle names is Alexander and the youngest child of King George V and Queen Mary was called Alexander John.

The name was probably introduced as a masculine form of Alexandra for Queen Alexandra.

Last edited:
I don't think that Alexander was that strange. Isn't the Queens second name Alexandra?

SLV, you are correct. When she was born in 1926, the Princess was given the name Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.

Alexander is actually in quite a lot of royal family member's names. One of Prince Richard's middle names is Alexander, and his son is called Alexander with his grandson being called Xander. One of James, Viscount Severn's middle names is Alexander and the youngest child of King George V and Queen Mary was called Alexander John.

The name was probably introduced as a masculine form of Alexandra for Queen Alexandra.
Prince Alexander John Charles Albert of Wales was the sixth child of the future King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. He lived for only one day in 1871 and is buried at Sandringham next to his nephew Prince John Charles Francis, son of King George V and Queen Mary.

Looks like she's carring a girl...
I'm going out on a limb..

Prince Alexander John Charles Albert of Wales was the sixth child of the future King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. He lived for only one day in 1871 and is buried at Sandringham next to his nephew Prince John Charles Francis, son of King George V and Queen Mary.

My mistake, I did mean to put Edward and Alexandra, not George and Mary.

Another Alexander in the BRF is Prince Alexander of Denmark (later Olav V of Norway) who was the son of Princess Maud, King Edward VII's daughter.

Last edited:
Just like with George, I think they are going to stick with traditional names. I like Alexandra, Clara, Georgina and Charlotte for a girl. I also like Elizabeth, but I don't think they would use that as a first name.

As for middle names, I wouldn't mind if they included Diana or Carole.

I'm still not sure about boy names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom