Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think that William wants to call any daughter Diana as he has issues with his mother.

It was creepy enough that he gave his wife his dead mother's ring rather than actually buy Kate a ring of her own.

Every time anyone sees that ring it is still 'Diana's ring'. It will never be Kate's.

He also wants to recreate Diana in other ways - living at KP and even on the Sandringham estate - where Diana was born and grew up for much of her early life.

I really do think William has 'mummy' issues and a daughter would be a new "Princess Diana" and he would want her to be a new Diana.

Oh my I find that really sad that you can't see that he loves his mother like most people do.IMO he's not the one with issues

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It was creepy enough that he gave his wife his dead mother's ring rather than actually buy Kate a ring of her own.

Every time anyone sees that ring it is still 'Diana's ring'. It will never be Kate's.

He also wants to recreate Diana in other ways - living at KP and even on the Sandringham estate - where Diana was born and grew up for much of her early life.

I thought giving Kate the ring was a lovely gesture.
Of course it's her ring. Diana didn't even wear it after the divorce. Yes, it's a link, but a sweet one, imo.

As for living at KP and near Sandringham, well, that is where members of the RF live! And William and Kate won't be there forever, after all. Where else should they live while the Queen is alive?

He was offered an apartment in BP - but chose KP. He could also have had an apartment in St James' palace in London.

He could have had any number of homes - even new ones - in the country but no it had to be at Sandringham.

William has said repeatedly he wants a daughter - and to me that is a clear sign that he wants to recreate his mother in a child.

St. James is said to be rather cold and gloomy; I've heard that Charles didn't like living there after the divorce.
And I expect KP would allow more privacy than BP (and many of the Royals don't much care for BP either; it's been said the Queen herself isn't very fond of the place).

William didn't chose the apt. where Diana lived, but the more spacious one that belonged to Princess Margaret.

As for wanting a daughter...Charles once wanted one too, but I doubt it was to recreate his mother.

Oh my I find that really sad that you can't see that he loves his mother like most people do.IMO he's not the one with issues

I agree.

Although... He has issues. Protection issues. Not mummy issues (maybe a little, but who wouldn't in that situation). Ever since he was a child he said he wanted to be police to protect his mother, he shoved her tissues under the bathroom door etc. After that strong sense of wanting to protect her and not being able seems to have affected him a lot. Look how protective he is of his family, illogically so sometimes when it comes to the press. Also, consider his chosen career paths. He wanted to be a soldier on the front line, wasn't allowed so became a Search and Rescue pilot. That closed and he became an Helicopter Ambulance Pilot. In my (not very professional) mind, he is trying to save the mother he couldn't, time and time again.

(Sorry, this is OT. Move this conversation to a more fitting place if needed)

I always thought William wouldnt use the name Diana! But I think he may use it. He's used his mother ring, and often tries to include his mothers memory whenever possible.

But I still think it'll be a boy!

My goodness, the armchair psychologists are out in force today haha.

For a boy I like John and for a girl either Elizabeth or Victoria

My goodness, the armchair psychologists are out in force today haha.

For a boy I like John and for a girl either Elizabeth or Victoria
Hhaa, yeah... I know. That's why I said it was my very unprofessional take on it. I in no way say it is the truth :p

I'm really starting to think it's a boy as well, I saw a photo of her just before and I thought "boy."

Diano? :D

Dion is a real name, actually.closest you going to get to a male form of Diana

That's the way I see it, too. :sad: It just has too much recent history. 'Cult-thing' is a good phrase to describe it.

Dunno, no one objects to the idea of Princess Elizabeth, which has FAR bigger shoes to fill, name and recent past wise.

Dunno, no one objects to the idea of Princess Elizabeth, which has FAR bigger shoes to fill, name and recent past wise.

Interesting point. I think that the problem is that "Diana" is divisive. Just read the posts on here. Elizabeth is a family name with a tradition; it has a positive history. It isn't that a new "Princess Elizabeth" is expected to be Queen.

But somehow I think not.

If the baby is a girl, I don't see why people cast aside the name Diana for at least her middle name. I would think the names Diana or Frances for her middle name would be a nice pick.

I think that Harry should be able to call his daughter, if he has one, "Diana." William got the ring--which is now Catherine's.

I do think that they will go for something vaguely trendy, a name that is in use among their friends and set when they choose a name if it's a girl; something like Charlotte or Alice. Don't think it is a girl, though.

I believe they will shut up shop after two. Neither are getting any younger, they've said they don't want to be old parents, and Kate has suffered badly from morning sickness.

I do think that they will go for something vaguely trendy, a name that is in use among their friends and set when they choose a name if it's a girl; something like Charlotte or Alice. Don't think it is a girl, though.

I believe they will shut up shop after two. Neither are getting any younger, they've said they don't want to be old parents, and Kate has suffered badly from morning sickness.

Wasn't there a rumour before Prince George was born that William and Kate had chosen a particular girls' name, so much that the odds on it were quite low? I was thinking of something like Charlotte or Victoria.

Old-fashioned names have become popular again, so if not Charlotte or Victoria, what about Alice or Isabella or even Frances (Diana's middle name?)

Interesting point. I think that the problem is that "Diana" is divisive. Just read the posts on here. Elizabeth is a family name with a tradition; it has a positive history. It isn't that a new "Princess Elizabeth" is expected to be Queen.

But somehow I think not.

It's only 'divisive' when you are dealing with people who are huge anti's when it comes to the late princess. Most people wouldnt think it odd that a man who lost his mother young might name a daughter after her. Now, on the other hand, the people who scream OH NO not that Ring the world will come to an end, OH NO she wore blue at the engagement photos, OH NO she wore a blue and white dress leaving the hospital tend to get a bit frothed up that William might name his daughter after his late mother. JMHO of course :flowers:

It's only 'divisive' when you are dealing with people who are huge anti's when it comes to the late princess. Most people wouldnt think it odd that a man who lost his mother young might name a daughter after her. Now, on the other hand, the people who scream OH NO not that Ring the world will come to an end, OH NO she wore blue at the engagement photos, OH NO she wore a blue and white dress leaving the hospital tend to get a bit frothed up that William might name his daughter after his late mother. JMHO of course :flowers:

I agree the most natural thing is to use a grandmothers name. Especially if the grandmother died young. No one would say horrible things about Kate if they named a daughter after Carole
I believe the anti Diana lot get lost in their hatred to see the love of sons for their mother.

:previous: I disagree. I think that they would get a lot of backlash for naming a daughter after Catherine's mother – a lot more than they would for naming a daughter after Diana. Mainly because most people still adore Diana and her critics are a minority. I reckon, however, that people would immediately jump on their backs for choosing to name a daughter after Kate's family rather than the royal family.

:previous: I disagree. I think that they would get a lot of backlash for naming a daughter after Catherine's mother – a lot more than they would for naming a daughter after Diana. Mainly because most people still adore Diana and her critics are a minority. I reckon, however, that people would immediately jump on their backs for choosing to name a daughter after Kate's family rather than the royal family.

But Kate wouldn't be said to have "mummy issues" like a poster said William had.

Using tradition I say Princess Mary Anne Louise. This child will be the Next Princess Royal after Princess Anne. All three of these names are the last Princess Royal names.

Looks like she's having boy...small in front...as with PG

Prince Edmund has really grown on me.
If it's a boy then I'll vote for Prince Edmund Arthur Philip or some variation on that.
For a girl I still think it will be some combo of Charlotte Elizabeth Alice though they might use Victoria instead of Alice.
I think Diana is completely out because it wouldn't matter if it was that little girl's first name or 51st, the press would still call her Princess Diana and I don't think William is going to do anything to draw more press attention to his family. Harry might use it if he has a daughter because she would be a little more out of the limelight.

Last edited:

The September 9, 2014 Hellomagazine.com declared:
The Duchess of Cambridge has reportedly told friends that she is planning for a big family.
She wants "at least" three children, according to The Telegraph.

The September 9, 2014 Hellomagazine.com declared:
The Duchess of Cambridge has reportedly told friends that she is planning for a big family.
She wants "at least" three children, according to The Telegraph.

Well, we might be seeing Diana and Elizabeth down the line after all.

The September 9, 2014 Hellomagazine.com declared: The Duchess of Cambridge has reportedly told friends that she is planning for a big family. She wants "at least" three children, according to The Telegraph.

If true, I think this is very sweet. :flowers: I wish her well - it would be nice if she had four. I find the Danish royal family's gaggle of four children to be endearing.

If she had 4 then they will be named:

George Elizabeth Edmund Ian

If they have 4 children, I'd call it having a passel in their castle.

If she had 4 then they will be named:

George Elizabeth Edmund Ian

If she has four boys they will be named George, Paul, John and Ringo, obviously :ROFLMAO:

And there could be variations like Paula and Pauline for a girl, and Ringa or Ringy... ;)

Or Ringworm or something. Good thing we aren't naming this kid...:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom