Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a Prince Cedric?

GracieG Dear please stop stirring the pot. Some people think you are serious! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am serious; it's not what I think of the name or Diana, it's what I think they will do.

Have I missed an announcement from Catherine and William whilst they're on their holiday in the far away remote land of Mustique? Because I think such an announcement would be massive news on this dreary English Sunday morning.

Lighten up. Seriously.

I still think they'll go simple and with a name without any connection to who the wee princess would be "named after" and compared to and any of that other good stuff. Only name possible that would be a connection I think would be Elizabeth.

Perhaps they could go with Mary Elizabeth and she'd be Princess Mary Beth?

Boy: Edmund Arthur Philip

Girl: Helena Alice Elizabeth
Amelia Elizabeth Mary

Edward VIII's full name was Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.

That's true, I had forgotten that; but when HM and Prince Philip used Andrew, it was the first time it had been used as a first name for the Windsors.

Boy: Edmund Arthur Philip

Girl: Helena Alice Elizabeth
Amelia Elizabeth Mary

I love your suggestions, particularly Amelia Elizabeth Mary. It would be nice if William and Catherine could revive some of the Hanoverian Royal Names, since there were some beautiful ones there. I also like Sophia, but since the Countess of Wessex is Sophie which is very similar to Sophia, I doubt it will be chosen as a first name, but it would make a nice middle name. I've also gotten the impression that the Cambridges and the Wessexes are quite close. I like the idea of a Prince Edmund. It sounds quite magical. I think it's an unexpected twist on Edward. I think Edmund would also be a first for the BRF, but IIRC there was an Edmund in the Tudor family before Henry VII, though I would need to double check that.

Last edited:
It's a Girl!!

No need to wait for end of April; we all know its a Girl!!

Name; we'll have to wait and see what name they give the new Princess!

It is! :flowers: I am convinced due to something I saw in a photograph. Either that or it's twins. ;) Something is up with this pregnancy that has Catherine very pleased.

It is! :flowers: I am convinced due to something I saw in a photograph. Either that or it's twins. ;) Something is up with this pregnancy that has Catherine very pleased.

She can't be pleased if it's a boy?
Maybe she just heard from her doctor that the baby is doing really well and that the tome of morning sickness has passed and she was happy about that?

Afaik there has been no official announcement concerning the sexe of the baby..

Edmund is a nice name for a prince but it always reminds me of 'Blackadder'!

She can't be pleased if it's a boy?

Sure. :flowers: Why not.

Maybe she just heard from her doctor that the baby is doing really well and that the tome of morning sickness has passed and she was happy about that?

Absolutely. :flowers: She could also have heard a joke.

Afaik there has been no official announcement concerning the sexe of the baby.

That's right, too. :flowers:

Anyway, I have a hunch its a girl given what I saw in a photo. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;) :p

Which picture are we talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She wanted a boy last time whereas William wanted a girl.Maybe she is looking happy because she found out this one is a boy as well. Just saying.

Edward VIII's full name was Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.

His last four names were given in honor of the patron saints of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. So that was the reason the family originally first used the name Andrew.

I still say a girl. She will be the next Princess Royal. She will be Mary Anne Catherine. This will Honor the last two princess royal and her mother. Or take Catherine out and put Louise and honor the last three princess royal.

It's a Girl!!

No need to wait for end of April; we all know its a Girl!!

Name; we'll have to wait and see what name they give the new Princess!

You made the same proclamation for their first pregnancy. They let you down with George. lol

You might get your delayed gratification this time, but personally I'm rooting for another boy.

Why are so many people wanting, even obsessing, over a little girl not necessarily just here but everywhere?

Why are so many people wanting, even obsessing, over a little girl not necessarily just here but everywhere?
Because they already have a boy. Everyone firstly and most importantly want them to have a healthy child, that's what matters. But secondly, if we had to choose the gender of the child, most here would choose a girl because they are already parents to a boy.
It's just a natural course and opinion, of course there are some who would like for another boy, a playmate to George, but I think every parents dream is to have one of each, at least I've been hearing that all my life. Even my mom, she had a boy first, then I was born and she was thrilled to experience motherhood of a boy and a girl, no matter what, it's not the same having boy and boy, and having boy and a girl, the experience is way diferent. (of course love is the same. And for myself, I don't care for the gender, but I would want to have one of each eventually as well)

I like the idea of a Prince Edmund. It sounds quite magical. I think it's an unexpected twist on Edward. I think Edmund would also be a first for the BRF, but IIRC there was an Edmund in the Tudor family before Henry VII, though I would need to double check that.
Edmund haven't been used as a first name in the current BRF, but it was the fourth name of the late prince George, duke of Kent, George Edward Alexander Edmund, as well as the name of two English kings, Edmund I and Edmund II Ironside.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent

Last edited:
Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

Because the Royal women drive the discussion. The fake stories before George was born were all girl or twins. With a princess, you get the clothing, hair, weight, jewelry, future tiara discussions. With a prince, you just get the girlfriend discussion. No one in 25 years, will be discussing George's pension for navy sweaters that he inherited from dad but they will be talking about Princess name hair that she got from her mum and why wouldn't she wear it up more often.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Edmund is handsome and Cedric is cute.
Both have nice meanings.

More name guesses ...

Edmund Charles Francis
Frederick Arthur David
Francis Charles William
Rupert Arthur Francis

... and for fun ...
Harpette Seven Eight
North West Wales
Plum Apple Jam
Zowee Dot Com
Pink Faerie Flossy

A possibility is Geoffrey; one of Henry II's sons was Prince Geoffrey.

I think that sounds much nicer than some name like Albert or Augustus.

I don't think so. It's not the right climate.

Well, maybe Geoffrey but definitely not spelt as Jeffrey.

Then again Jeffrey Oliver John - Jeff O.J. for short and one godfather could be Prince Andrew and another John Bryan. (For future travel, golf, job training and financial advice purposes.)

I don't think so. It's not the right climate.

Well, maybe Geoffrey but definitely not spelt as Jeffrey.

Then again Jeffrey Oliver John - Jeff O.J. for short and one godfather could be Prince Andrew and another John Bryan. (For future travel, golf, job training and financial advice purposes.)
OMG, Jeffrey O.J :p You really got all of them in there! :p

Because the Royal women drive the discussion. The fake stories before George was born were all girl or twins. With a princess, you get the clothing, hair, weight, jewelry, future tiara discussions. With a prince, you just get the girlfriend discussion. No one in 25 years, will be discussing George's pension for navy sweaters that he inherited from dad but they will be talking about Princess name hair that she got from her mum and why wouldn't she wear it up more often.

All very true, unfortunately. It's one of the reasons I hope it's another boy. Less tabloid fodder, and less opportunity for sexist barbs on this site.

There seems to be tread for mothers wanting girls and mothers of boys only are pitied the call it SMOG Smug Mothers Of Girls.

For a girl,

Elizabeth Diana Carol

-- but I think it's a boy

Edmund is handsome and Cedric is cute.
Both have nice meanings.

More name guesses ...

Edmund Charles Francis
Frederick Arthur David
Francis Charles William
Rupert Arthur Francis

... and for fun ...
Harpette Seven Eight
North West Wales
Plum Apple Jam
Zowee Dot Com
Pink Faerie Flossy

Harpette Seven Eight!

Oh, please, Jesus, make it happen (on my knees)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom