The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder about the name Mary....they went a couple generations back for George...and Mary would be just one more back.

LaRae

Old 05-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill Bill View Post
I am SO excited and blessed. Today is my birthday, so I feel a bit like I have some claim to this child!

Names, wow, I don't even know what to suggest. I think we need to turn the clocks forward to a new era and modernize the names.

I would suggest names that call attention to social issues and also reflect a modern naming trend.

Gender neutral names like Lammy I like. Or Carl Lee.

But sticking with feminine names, I like Matricia, which really invokes a strong matriarchal sense. I like Tyna, but only with the y as Tina with the I is too plain for such a gift.

My favorite though would be Diana Camilla it would end the animosity and heal wounds.

Hahahaha - Carl Lee; oh, please Lord above, make that happen

And happy birthday!

Old 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Commoner

Fatima.

And I suggest they honor the beloved Princess Diana as well. Mashallah.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am SO excited and blessed. Today is my birthday, so I feel a bit like I have some claim to this child!

Names, wow, I don't even know what to suggest. I think we need to turn the clocks forward to a new era and modernize the names.

I would suggest names that call attention to social issues and also reflect a modern naming trend.

But sticking with feminine names, I like Matricia, which really invokes a strong matriarchal sense. I like Tyna, but only with the y as Tina with the I is too plain for such a gift.

My favorite though would be Diana Camilla it would end the animosity and heal wounds.
It's good that you're well-versed at cracking jokes. A sense of humor is an invaluable part of a person's character.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Commoner

Alexandra Victoria Diana
Old 05-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Her Royal Highness Princess Henrietta Philippina Jamesina of Cambridge
Son Altesse Royale la princesse Henriette Philippine Jacqueline de Cambridge (pour les Canadiens).

Henrietta = uncle Henry

Philippina = aunt Philippa / great-grandfather Philip

Jamesina = uncle James

The name Henrietta not only would be a honour to Prince Henry (Harry), it would also rivive an old name which frequents in the genalogical tree of the British royal family.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Commoner

Alice elizabeth victoria
matilda jane victoria
diana helena alexandra
Old 05-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Now THAT would be a surprise
Old 05-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Nobility

I am going to stick with some variation of Alice Charlotte and then I can't decide between Elizabeth or Victoria though I am leaning more towards Victoria because I think the Alexander in George's name was to honor the queen so I'm not sure if they would name another baby after her.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Nobility

Possible princess's names are

princess Alice (Victoria / Eleanor) Diana Elizabeth of cambridge
Old 05-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope it will not be Diana as first name. It is better that the girl has her own independent life without the ever comparison with a legend. As second, third, fourth, whatever name: excellent!
Old 05-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I am going to stick with some variation of Alice Charlotte and then I can't decide between Elizabeth or Victoria though I am leaning more towards Victoria because I think the Alexander in George's name was to honor the queen.
If I'd stick with it, I'd prefer Alice over Charlotte (I think Alice is a sweet name, Charlotte is stronger). Victoria is also strong and having a Princess Elizabeth would be lovely
But I do think the little princess will have Alice/Charlotte somehow.
Hoping that Mary & Caroline fit in there too
Old 05-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I hope it will not be Diana as first name. It is better that the girl has her own independent life without the ever comparison with a legend. As second, third, fourth, whatever name: excellent!
I completely, fully and totally agree, I think we might see Diana as second or third name.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

Alexandra Frances Elisabeth...
Old 05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I have seen here and there that Diana is 'too common'. Well, in France and Portugal we see Her Royal Highness Princess Diana Mariana Vitória d'Orléans née Álvares Pereira de Melo, 11ème Duchesse de Cadaval, Duchesse d'Anjou... (Pic: http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3...9610354og9.jpg )

And of course we know famous Dianas like Diane de Poitiers, Duchesse de Valentinois, etc...

:)
Old 05-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Elizabeth Frances
Old 05-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Happy Birthday and welcome to The Royal Forums.

George was born on my birthday so I felt the exact same way

I think Charlotte Alexandra Frances.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Majesty

I like Charlotte for the first name, but I hope they stay away from names like Mary, Anne, Alice, or Matilda, because they sound too much like names suited for elderly ladies. Now, Anna would work quite nicely. I absolutely adore the name Elisabeth, but I have a feeling that it won't be used as a first name (hope I'm wrong). However, a variation of the name, such as Isabella would be lovely as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Gentry

I think I said when the pregnancy was announced that I thought the name would be Alice Elizabeth something. Now I"m not so sure. If I were Prince William and his wife, I'd want to pick something that no one else has guessed, just because so many people are betting on the baby's name.

The name of a child so close to the throne should probably include the name of at least one reigning queen somewhere in the mix, so the name probably will include Elizabeth, Victoria, Mary or Anne as either the first or one of the middle names. Alice is one of my favorites just because it seems such a likely choice as the name of Prince Philip's mother and one that hasn't been used yet for a girl in this generation as a first name. William may very well be unable to resist including his mother's name, so now I say Alice Elizabeth Diana.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

They tend to stay with traditional names within the BRF (exception being Ann and her children were kept away from the titles) so I would predict an 'old fashioned' (to some) name.

LaRae

Closed Thread