The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1161  
Old 04-25-2015, 11:55 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,635
I would be willing to bet my last M&M that both Kate and Wills are calling the wee one "Hurritte" Those two have to be the most impatient of all of us for the wee one to be born.
__________________

__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
  #1162  
Old 04-26-2015, 12:05 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
I checked Ladbrokes on the betting odds for Patricia. The name doesn't even show up, but Penelope does. Now that would be a musical name: Princess Penelope. (The name always reminds me of the word calliope. I have very fond memories of a calliope, played at a amusement park my family visited when I was young).

LINK: Royalty betting odds | bet Online at Ladbrokes.com

Alice, Charlotte, and Elizabeth remain in the lead but there's been some jockeying, with Charlotte now edging out Elizabeth. Still a close one, with Alice the clear favorite.

Arthur remains the inexplicable favorite for a boy at 12/1. Followed by a distant James at 20/1. If it must be either I say go for James. Henry, Philipp and William make no sense showing up in the list (I call that sand-bagging) given there are three living breathing examples of each current in the BRF. Albert would be acceptable but at 25/1 it's a question, though there are a staggering twenty-six (26) names coming in at 25/1 odds. Elvis is 1,000/1. Joffrey is kinda cute. (500/1). Wouldn't the English spelling be Geoffrey? Now that sounds very classy: Prince Geoffrey. I like it. Has a modern ring as well as having antecedents.
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1163  
Old 04-26-2015, 05:53 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Bloomfield, United States
Posts: 12
"Joffrey" is a Game of Thrones reference. (And he's pretty evil in Game of Thrones, so let's hope they don't go with that name. )
  #1164  
Old 04-26-2015, 06:08 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
I think Victoria would be a lovely name. Mathilde & Mary also is nice.
__________________
  #1165  
Old 04-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 858
I have a feeling their little GIRL'S name will be a name we haven't even thought of! Nothing unusual, just a name that has not been mentioned.

The Queen Mother's 2nd and 3rd names were unusual for 1900.

- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite.

No idea what William/Catherine will call their little GIRL.
  #1166  
Old 04-26-2015, 12:38 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I have a feeling their little GIRL'S name will be a name we haven't even thought of! Nothing unusual, just a name that has not been mentioned.

The Queen Mother's 2nd and 3rd names were unusual for 1900.

- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite.

No idea what William/Catherine will call their little GIRL.
Margrethe would be also nice.
__________________
  #1167  
Old 04-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberdana View Post
If it's a girl I like Alice or Mary.

I just hope it's not something quite as predictable as George. I'm still disappointed in that choice...

Nothing quite as predictable as Alice or Mary, IMO.
  #1168  
Old 04-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Margrethe would be also nice.
For a Danish or Norwegian princess, yes.
  #1169  
Old 04-26-2015, 01:50 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
I don't see Margrethe or Marguerite being used for a British princess, pretty as those name are. It will almost certainly be a traditional, British name.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1170  
Old 04-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronisba View Post
"Joffrey" is a Game of Thrones reference. (And he's pretty evil in Game of Thrones, so let's hope they don't go with that name. )
Now you know! I don't watch the tellie much - ha!
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1171  
Old 04-26-2015, 06:51 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,237
I can't explain it but I just don't like the idea of Victoria!

Charlotte, Cecily, Clara, Helena or Alexandra would be nice.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #1172  
Old 04-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,635
I've seen where the name Elvis is a very long shot but that brought to mind a name I'd not want to see for a daughter. Priscilla. Can you imagine a Princess Prissy? Team her up with Princess Michael and the headlines could read like a tongue twister. "Princess Prissy and Princess Pushy pledge to perform pantomimes for the public".

pfffffffffts!
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
  #1173  
Old 04-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,300
Oh well done!
  #1174  
Old 04-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Sunnystar's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've seen where the name Elvis is a very long shot but that brought to mind a name I'd not want to see for a daughter. Priscilla. Can you imagine a Princess Prissy? Team her up with Princess Michael and the headlines could read like a tongue twister. "Princess Prissy and Princess Pushy pledge to perform pantomimes for the public".

pfffffffffts!
I'm no fan of the name Priscilla either but one of my former co-workers used it for her daughter a few years ago and nicknamed her Cici. That's better than Prissy, for sure, lol.
  #1175  
Old 04-26-2015, 09:37 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I checked Ladbrokes on the betting odds for Patricia. The name doesn't even show up, but Penelope does. Now that would be a musical name: Princess Penelope. (The name always reminds me of the word calliope. I have very fond memories of a calliope, played at a amusement park my family visited when I was young).

LINK: Royalty betting odds | bet Online at Ladbrokes.com

Alice, Charlotte, and Elizabeth remain in the lead but there's been some jockeying, with Charlotte now edging out Elizabeth. Still a close one, with Alice the clear favorite.

Arthur remains the inexplicable favorite for a boy at 12/1. Followed by a distant James at 20/1. If it must be either I say go for James. Henry, Philipp and William make no sense showing up in the list (I call that sand-bagging) given there are three living breathing examples of each current in the BRF. Albert would be acceptable but at 25/1 it's a question, though there are a staggering twenty-six (26) names coming in at 25/1 odds. Elvis is 1,000/1. Joffrey is kinda cute. (500/1). Wouldn't the English spelling be Geoffrey? Now that sounds very classy: Prince Geoffrey. I like it. Has a modern ring as well as having antecedents.
There's a living, breathing example of James in the Royal Family: Viscount Severn. And since he's only 7 or 8, he would be much closer in age to the new baby than Prince Philip (I don't see them using William or Henry as a first name). But I do think that it'll be Arthur if it's a boy.
  #1176  
Old 04-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: kenora, Canada
Posts: 54
Ireland wales

Ireland wales Paris wales Alexander Wales Smith wales Georgia wales

Prince wales
  #1177  
Old 04-27-2015, 04:09 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofMontpelier View Post
I hope for a girl and that they honor her with the names of the last three Princess Royal because she will be the Next Princess Royal. She will be Mary Anne Louise. If the baby is a boy I say name him Albert Phillip Charles. That will be after the child's Great Grandfather and Grandfather as well as Queen Victoria husband.

Ooooh...Never thought about possible names for a Baby Princess in that way, but what a great idea!! You're right if it is a girl, at some point in time she will be The Princess Royal, so why not? Plus, regardless of the combination, those names sound lovely together.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
  #1178  
Old 04-27-2015, 06:38 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Ooooh...Never thought about possible names for a Baby Princess in that way, but what a great idea!! You're right if it is a girl, at some point in time she will be The Princess Royal, so why not? Plus, regardless of the combination, those names sound lovely together.
There can only be one Princess Royal at a time, so as long as Princess Anne is alive the title cannot be given to anyone else.

As I've said before, the title or style of Princess Royal is in the gift of the monarch and is not automatically given. Princess Mary, the last Princess Royal, died in 1965, but the Queen waited until 1987 before bestowing the title on her daughter. It was in recognition of Anne's years of charity work.
  #1179  
Old 04-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,925
Let us not get ahead of ourselves by discussing whether or not the new royal baby will one day become Princess Royal - that can be discussed in the appropriate thread once we know if it is even going to be a girl!
__________________
JACK
  #1180  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:08 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 2,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Let us not get ahead of ourselves by discussing whether or not the new royal baby will one day become Princess Royal - that can be discussed in the appropriate thread once we know if it is even going to be a girl!
Jacknch, how correct you are! The new baby may be a Prince.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible names for Prince Ali and Princess Rym`s third child Rossina King Abdullah's Brothers 15 06-29-2010 05:56 AM
Possible Names for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor's first child lil Monkey King Abdullah's Brothers 62 04-19-2007 12:36 PM




Popular Tags
#jewels ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail elia zaharia fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction mette-marit monarchy nepal new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde hats queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania religion royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises