The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:55 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would be willing to bet my last M&M that both Kate and Wills are calling the wee one "Hurritte" Those two have to be the most impatient of all of us for the wee one to be born.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-26-2015, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I checked Ladbrokes on the betting odds for Patricia. The name doesn't even show up, but Penelope does. Now that would be a musical name: Princess Penelope. (The name always reminds me of the word calliope. I have very fond memories of a calliope, played at a amusement park my family visited when I was young).

LINK: Royalty betting odds | bet Online at Ladbrokes.com

Alice, Charlotte, and Elizabeth remain in the lead but there's been some jockeying, with Charlotte now edging out Elizabeth. Still a close one, with Alice the clear favorite.

Arthur remains the inexplicable favorite for a boy at 12/1. Followed by a distant James at 20/1. If it must be either I say go for James. Henry, Philipp and William make no sense showing up in the list (I call that sand-bagging) given there are three living breathing examples of each current in the BRF. Albert would be acceptable but at 25/1 it's a question, though there are a staggering twenty-six (26) names coming in at 25/1 odds. Elvis is 1,000/1. Joffrey is kinda cute. (500/1). Wouldn't the English spelling be Geoffrey? Now that sounds very classy: Prince Geoffrey. I like it. Has a modern ring as well as having antecedents.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:53 AM
Commoner

"Joffrey" is a Game of Thrones reference. (And he's pretty evil in Game of Thrones, so let's hope they don't go with that name. )
Old 04-26-2015, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think Victoria would be a lovely name. Mathilde & Mary also is nice.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Courtier

I have a feeling their little GIRL'S name will be a name we haven't even thought of! Nothing unusual, just a name that has not been mentioned.

The Queen Mother's 2nd and 3rd names were unusual for 1900.

- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite.

No idea what William/Catherine will call their little GIRL.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I have a feeling their little GIRL'S name will be a name we haven't even thought of! Nothing unusual, just a name that has not been mentioned.

The Queen Mother's 2nd and 3rd names were unusual for 1900.

- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite.

No idea what William/Catherine will call their little GIRL.
Margrethe would be also nice.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberdana View Post
If it's a girl I like Alice or Mary.

I just hope it's not something quite as predictable as George. I'm still disappointed in that choice...

Nothing quite as predictable as Alice or Mary, IMO.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Margrethe would be also nice.
For a Danish or Norwegian princess, yes.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see Margrethe or Marguerite being used for a British princess, pretty as those name are. It will almost certainly be a traditional, British name.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronisba View Post
"Joffrey" is a Game of Thrones reference. (And he's pretty evil in Game of Thrones, so let's hope they don't go with that name. )
Now you know! I don't watch the tellie much - ha!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't explain it but I just don't like the idea of Victoria!

Charlotte, Cecily, Clara, Helena or Alexandra would be nice.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've seen where the name Elvis is a very long shot but that brought to mind a name I'd not want to see for a daughter. Priscilla. Can you imagine a Princess Prissy? Team her up with Princess Michael and the headlines could read like a tongue twister. "Princess Prissy and Princess Pushy pledge to perform pantomimes for the public".

pfffffffffts!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Oh well done!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've seen where the name Elvis is a very long shot but that brought to mind a name I'd not want to see for a daughter. Priscilla. Can you imagine a Princess Prissy? Team her up with Princess Michael and the headlines could read like a tongue twister. "Princess Prissy and Princess Pushy pledge to perform pantomimes for the public".

pfffffffffts!
I'm no fan of the name Priscilla either but one of my former co-workers used it for her daughter a few years ago and nicknamed her Cici. That's better than Prissy, for sure, lol.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I checked Ladbrokes on the betting odds for Patricia. The name doesn't even show up, but Penelope does. Now that would be a musical name: Princess Penelope. (The name always reminds me of the word calliope. I have very fond memories of a calliope, played at a amusement park my family visited when I was young).

LINK: Royalty betting odds | bet Online at Ladbrokes.com

Alice, Charlotte, and Elizabeth remain in the lead but there's been some jockeying, with Charlotte now edging out Elizabeth. Still a close one, with Alice the clear favorite.

Arthur remains the inexplicable favorite for a boy at 12/1. Followed by a distant James at 20/1. If it must be either I say go for James. Henry, Philipp and William make no sense showing up in the list (I call that sand-bagging) given there are three living breathing examples of each current in the BRF. Albert would be acceptable but at 25/1 it's a question, though there are a staggering twenty-six (26) names coming in at 25/1 odds. Elvis is 1,000/1. Joffrey is kinda cute. (500/1). Wouldn't the English spelling be Geoffrey? Now that sounds very classy: Prince Geoffrey. I like it. Has a modern ring as well as having antecedents.
There's a living, breathing example of James in the Royal Family: Viscount Severn. And since he's only 7 or 8, he would be much closer in age to the new baby than Prince Philip (I don't see them using William or Henry as a first name). But I do think that it'll be Arthur if it's a boy.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Gentry

Ireland wales

Ireland wales Paris wales Alexander Wales Smith wales Georgia wales

Prince wales
Old 04-27-2015, 04:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofMontpelier View Post
I hope for a girl and that they honor her with the names of the last three Princess Royal because she will be the Next Princess Royal. She will be Mary Anne Louise. If the baby is a boy I say name him Albert Phillip Charles. That will be after the child's Great Grandfather and Grandfather as well as Queen Victoria husband.

Ooooh...Never thought about possible names for a Baby Princess in that way, but what a great idea!! You're right if it is a girl, at some point in time she will be The Princess Royal, so why not? Plus, regardless of the combination, those names sound lovely together.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-27-2015, 06:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Ooooh...Never thought about possible names for a Baby Princess in that way, but what a great idea!! You're right if it is a girl, at some point in time she will be The Princess Royal, so why not? Plus, regardless of the combination, those names sound lovely together.
There can only be one Princess Royal at a time, so as long as Princess Anne is alive the title cannot be given to anyone else.

As I've said before, the title or style of Princess Royal is in the gift of the monarch and is not automatically given. Princess Mary, the last Princess Royal, died in 1965, but the Queen waited until 1987 before bestowing the title on her daughter. It was in recognition of Anne's years of charity work.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Let us not get ahead of ourselves by discussing whether or not the new royal baby will one day become Princess Royal - that can be discussed in the appropriate thread once we know if it is even going to be a girl!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Let us not get ahead of ourselves by discussing whether or not the new royal baby will one day become Princess Royal - that can be discussed in the appropriate thread once we know if it is even going to be a girl!
Jacknch, how correct you are! The new baby may be a Prince.

Closed Thread