The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Baby born any day now and if a girl will be named Elizabeth in some form.

Victoria Alexandra Elizabeth (Mary) if four names.
Elizabeth Alexandra Victoria

If it is a boy I can see Edmund in there as it is a Roche name. If the Queen can convince Philip to allow Philip somewhere in the name there may be a Philip in the baby's name if a boy.

As far as a first name for a boy I do not see Philip nor Edmund but they may go with it.

Edmund Francis James
Frederick Edmund Charles

Or if they reuse Alexander
Alexander Frederick James
Alexander Philip Charles
Phillip Alexander Francis

Old 04-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I think that all the bookies are silly for wagering money on it being a girl named Alice. Wasn't everyone convinced that George was going to be a girl, too?
The bookies are never silly! It's the punters who are betting on Alice, not the bookies. The more money that the public put on Alice, the more the bookies will shorten the odds - so that they don't have to pay out so much if it turns out to be the chosen name.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Alexandra Elizabeth Regina
Old 04-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
Alexandra Elizabeth Regina

If there's one name that can be confidently ruled out, it's Regina.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Nobility

We will definitely have a Taurus baby
Old 04-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post

If there's one name that can be confidently ruled out, it's Regina.
Two others that are on that "no go" list IMO would be John and Stephen. As I mentioned above, there was "Bad King John" as well as the sons of Edward VII and George V who died young. As for Stephen, the reign of England's only King with that name is known as "The Time when Christ and All His Saints Slept" with the country in total anarchy and civil war. Unless William and Catherine are bound and determined to go against Royal tradition, no John or Stephen.

I really have no idea on boys' names, except I think they might try to go with Philip in there somewhere - and maybe the DoE would go along this time as the child is unlikely to be King. Albert wouldn't surprise me either, as it was the name by which The Queen's father was known until he became King with Bertie as his family name his entire life.

For a girl: I would in fact be gobsmacked if a little Princess of Cambridge was named anything but Elizabeth. If you've noticed, not one member of even the extended family was given it as a first name which makes me think it was somehow "reserved" for the main line, much as Victoria supposedly was by The Prince of Wales for a daughter that was never born.

Just my opinion, of course.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
I really have no idea on boys' names, except I think they might try to go with Philip in there somewhere - and maybe the DoE would go along this time as the child is unlikely to be King. Albert wouldn't surprise me either, as it was the name by which The Queen's father was known until he became King with Bertie as his family name his entire life.
Did the DoE really tell them not to use Philip as a name for George, or is that just a story the media/public put forth? To me it seems unlikely that the DoE objected to one of George's names being Philip given as 1. one of his sons and two of his grandsons have it as a middle name and 2. none of George's names are the first names of any close relation or HRH. It seems to me instead that the Cambridges chose not to directly name George for any one person, instead choosing names that can be seen as honouring all sides of William's family.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Two others that are on that "no go" list IMO would be John and Stephen. As I mentioned above, there was "Bad King John" as well as the sons of Edward VII and George V who died young. As for Stephen, the reign of England's only King with that name is known as "The Time when Christ and All His Saints Slept" with the country in total anarchy and civil war. Unless William and Catherine are bound and determined to go against Royal tradition, no John or Stephen.
I disagree about John and Stephen. There is no reason why these names couldn't be used again by the BRF.
Regina of course means "queen" and would be inappropriate, especially for a second child.

Quote:
Albert wouldn't surprise me either, as it was the name by which The Queen's father was known until he became King with Bertie as his family name his entire life.
Albert would be an unwise choice, in view of the present-day connotations of the phrase "Prince Albert".
Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I fully expect that we will know its name by this time next week.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I fully expect that we will know it's name by this time next week.
I hope you're right Gracie!
Old 04-20-2015, 12:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
My guesses for girls:

Victoria Diana Carole
Victoria Elizabeth Mary
Elizabeth Carole Diana
Amelie Therese Josephine
Isabella Marie Helene
Alexandra Louise Diana
Charlotte Eleanor Victoria
Eleanor Victoria Elizabeth
More guesses:

Charlotte Elizabeth Mary
Victoria Eleanor Elizabeth
Amelia Victoria Elizabeth
Caroline Marie Elizabeth
Isabella Carole Diana
Adelaide Victoria Elizabeth
Alexandra Mary Elizabeth
Matilda Eleanor Victoria
Matilda Eleanor Elizabeth
Matilda Elizabeth Victoria
Isabella Rose Diana
Isabella Rose Elizabeth
Mary Lillian Elizabeth
Mary Victoria Elizabeth
Desiree Victoria Helena
Helena Marie Elizabeth
Marie Elizabeth Louise
Helena Victoria Sophie
Leonore Victoria Sophie
Jacqueline Victoria Elizabeth
Rose Victoria Elizabeth
Lillian Charlotte Victoria
Helene Elizabeth Sophie
Josephine Marie Elizabeth
Leonore Rose Victoria
Desiree Rose Elizabeth
Desiree Rose Victoria
Desiree Lillian Victoria
Elizabeth Victoria Eleanor
Lillian Carole Diana
Mary Carole Diana
Old 04-20-2015, 01:11 AM
Serene Highness

Desiree? Where did you get that one? And their are enough Leonores and the like for this Royal generation as is.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Desiree? Where did you get that one? And their are enough Leonores and the like for this Royal generation as is.
I highly doubt that William and Catherine would care the slightest about the amount of girls from various other royal families bearing some variation of the name should Eleanor/Eleonore/Leonor/Leonore be a name they want to give their child. And why on earth should they?

Old 04-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Aristocracy

I really don't envy them chosing the name for a girl. It's such a balancing act. Having said that if they must use those Arthur/Alfred/Alberts I hope it's as a middle name...just my opinion....

I must be getting a bit excited.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
I disagree about John and Stephen. There is no reason why these names couldn't be used again by the BRF.
Regina of course means "queen" and would be inappropriate, especially for a second child.

Albert would be an unwise choice, in view of the present-day connotations of the phrase "Prince Albert".

Was Kidding about Regina. For the reasons above, I think Mary is also out as a first name.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams2359 View Post
For the reasons above, I think Mary is also out as a first name.
I don't understand, what reasons? I would not rule out Mary at all. It's an established Royal name that isn't currently in use, much like George.

I've said before, I could imagine a "Princess Mary Elizabeth".
Old 04-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Serene Highness

Mary Rose would be sweet.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Mary Rose would be sweet.
I'd really love that. That name would also skyrocket to the top of the baby name lists, and with good reason, a lovely, timeless classic.

I also love Alice Rose or Mary Alice.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

We are going to be gobsmacked if they pull an Estelle or Vincent on us and choose,I don't know, Emma or Simon or something.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

I had already put two cents on Alexandra Charlotte, but I wouldn't mind Alexandra Rose for a little girl.

As the couple was very traditional in George as choice of a name, I would be surprised if this baby would received an usual name.

Closed Thread