The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

I also dont think William or Kate care about the "historic" value of the name...I think they are really just looking at the family names...we will see...i do wonder if they have had names in mind or are waiting for the baby to be born to figure it out.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Aristocracy

For a girl, I'm hoping for Charlotte... And for a boy David

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

I think that if it is a boy, his name will contain Charles or Phillip, maybe Edward. What are possibilities for the first name to be Louis or Michael, what do you think? I love name David, but i'm afraid it could be used only as a middle.
I was disappointed when they chose name George, but it was predictable. Sometimes I think that as this baby is a spare they will give him/her a traditional royal name too, such as Charles, not Richard, Arthur or David.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Nobility

Please no,Charles

I could see them use william somewhere in the name
Old 04-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Please no,Charles

I could see them use william somewhere in the name

Why ever not? It would be a lovely tribute to the paternal grandfather.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

isn't it kind of verboten in the family to name a kid after a living family member or maybe living royal?
Old 04-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
isn't it kind of verboten in the family to name a kid after a living family member or maybe living royal?
Hardly. QEII was named after her own mother. Same with Princess Mary, the Princess Royal & Countess of Harewood. And those are two easy examples... Check out the names of Victoria & Albert's children and grandchildren.

Personally, I'm hoping for a girl and I'm hoping she'll be named Victoria Elizabeth Frances. That honors the mother, grandmothers and great-grandmother without saddling the poor kid with Diana's name.

I don't see them going with Philip or Charles for a boy's first name and I don't necessarily see them using one of George's middle names. There are plenty of other options. Personally, I'm not really a fan of names like Arthur, Alfred, Leopold or Frederick, so I really don't have a preference. Arthur Philip Michael is a nice combo though that honors the father, grandfathers and great-grandfather.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

I hope that if it's a girl that the name is Victoria, Alexandra or Amanda. Don't particularly care much for the name Alice (makes me think of someone older) or Charlotte.

If it's a boy James would be a nice name.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post

There were not 1 but 2 other Prince Edwards alive when the Earl of Wessex was born; his mother's uncle and her cousin. The Duke of Windsor was also known as David, and he was still alive when Princess Margaret's son, David, was born.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Courtier

for a girl I like Alice Catherine Elizabeth.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

If we rule out - as first names - all those of current living members of the BRF we rule out all of the following:

Elizabeth
Philip
Charles
Camilla
William
Catherine
George
Henry
Andrew
Beatrice
Eugenie
Edward
Sophie
Louise
James
Anne
Timothy
Peter
Autumn
Savannah
Isla
Zara
Michael (Mike)
Mia
David
Serena
Charles
Marguerite
Sarah
Daniel
Samuel
Arthur
Richard
Birgitte
Alexander
Claire
Xan
Cosima
Davina
Gary
Senna
Tane
Rose
George
Lyla
Rufus
Edward
Katherine (with a K as well as with a C)
George
Sylvana
Edward
Marina
Amelia
Helen
Timothy
Columbus
Cassius
Eloise
Estella
Nicholas
Paola
Albert
Leopold
Louis
Michael
Marie-Christine
Frederick
Sophie
Maud
Gabriella
Alexandra
James
Julia
Flora
Alexander
Marina
Zanouska
Christian

This is the list of those born into the BRF and their spouses to the descendants of Princess Alexandra. There are already a number of double up of names in that list. I don't have a name of Marina Ogilvy's spouse to add to this list. The Harewood's (descendants of George V's daughter aren't included).

Charles - 2
George - 3
Edward - 3
James - 2
Michael - 2
Marina - 2
Old 04-18-2015, 05:12 AM
Courtier

I think:

Sunday 26th, April, 2015
Baby GIRL.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:51 AM
Aristocracy

For a girl I actually like names Charlotte(a tribute to paternal grandfather), Victoria, Elizabeth and maybe Alice. These are my favourites. No, I love such names as Amelia, Eugenie and Gabriella, but they are not for William's children.
it's a bit unfair that even in 21st century royal parents can't just give their children a not so traditional name. Even such old ones like Daniel, Jacob, Samuel, Clarence are under restriction.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
For a girl I actually like names Charlotte(a tribute to paternal grandfather), Victoria, Elizabeth and maybe Alice. These are my favourites. No, I love such names as Amelia, Eugenie and Gabriella, but they are not for William's children.
it's a bit unfair that even in 21st century royal parents can't just give their children a not so traditional name. Even such old ones like Daniel, Jacob, Samuel, Clarence are under restriction.
I'd like to see them branch out a bit with number 2 - introduce some new, albeit traditional name into the family.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

And what about a Princess Eleanor Charlotte Elizabeth? Or Prince Christian Michael Albert?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
And what about a Princess Eleanor Charlotte Elizabeth? Or Prince Christian Michael Albert?
These are really nice names but I hardly doubt HM would approve them. Remember that this baby is a spare so he must have a royal name too. Such in case.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

All of those names are Royal names. Christian is one of Andrew's names.

I really don't think that the Queen would say no to what ever names that William and Kate would want to name their child. She isn't a super control freak person.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Serene Highness

Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

I have 2 comments on that statement....

First those names are very traditional and other than Michael they are all royal family names and perfectly appropriate (and Michael is appropriate just not a current royal family name).

Most importantly I don't see HM using her 'approval' except for in extreme circumstances (Apple, North, etc). She was raised with the story of how her own parents had wanted to name their 2nd daughter Anne and it was not accepted by the king, who 'suggested' Margaret. I don't think it is any coincidence that HM named her daughter Anne.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Michael of Kent might disagree with Michael not being currently in use by the royal family.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Prince Michael of Kent might disagree with Michael not being currently in use by the royal family.

Oh my!! 😱 im so embarrassed. Asking forgiveness as brain was not awake yet (early Sat am here) thank you for correction.

Closed Thread