The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

Then again William wanted a girl first off and you know Charles always wanted a daughter and is hankering for a grandaughter now badly so even in the family there is a strong preference.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Don't allow the hoopla around the idea of the baby being a girl throw you. If it is, it would be lovely to have a new born British princess. If it's another by, that's beautiful too!

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Don't allow the hoopla around the idea of the baby being a girl throw you. If it is, it would be lovely to have a new born British princess. If it's another by, that's beautiful too!
It's not just the hoopla surrounding the birth. It's how the media would treat the Princess for the next 90 years. The UK has arguably the most misogynistic media out of all first world countries. I want Cambridge boys because they would be treated better. Maybe by the time George has children the media will be more progressive, but right now it's toxic.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
It's not just the hoopla surrounding the birth. It's how the media would treat the Princess for the next 90 years. The UK has arguably the most misogynistic media out of all first world countries. I want Cambridge boys because they would be treated better. Maybe by the time George has children the media will be more progressive, but right now it's toxic.
The media will make a big deal over a baby girl regardless, but it won't be that bad though. Girl or boy, it's all a blessing and a reason to get excited and celebrate.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Commoner

Girl:

Princess Alice Mary Elizabeth
Princess Charlotte Alice Elizabeth
Princess Victoria Mary Elizabeth
Princess Mary Charlotte Elizabeth

Boy:

Prince James Arthur Phillip
Prince Arthur James Phillip
Prince Albert James Arthur

"Only do what your heart tells you" - Princess Diana
Old 04-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I fully agree with this. The idea of a little girl being born into this media toxicity makes me want to barf. I'm rooting for only boys.
And if the baby is a girl I hope they dress her in George's old clothes . The baby doesn't care and certain media outlets would go nuts.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Well, it's all gone very quiet here. Has everybody made their bets?
Old 04-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Majesty

I could have one more go if you want me to... )i'm sure I'll never get it right though)

For a boy: Albert Philip Michael
For a girl: Alice Elizabeth Mary
Old 04-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Commoner

Boy; Arthur Charles Michael
Girl; Day (modern version of Dianna ) Carol(in)e Elizabeth
Old 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Yes, but have you placed any bets? The bookies are only giving odds on first names.

I've had £1 on each of the following: Alfred at 66/1, Eleanor 50/1, Richard 40/1, Arthur 20/1, and Mary at 16/1.

Although having studied the form of the runners, I may well hedge my bets with a saver on Alice.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

My sentimental favorite remains Charlotte (or Alexandra) but my bet is on Alice, if a girl.

If a boy, I agree with the bookies: Richard or James, with my bet equally split between the two. (Though my sentimental favorite is Alexander).
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
My sentimental favorite remains Charlotte (or Alexandra) but my bet is on Alice, if a girl.

If a boy, I agree with the bookies: Richard or James, with my bet equally split between the two. (Though my sentimental favorite is Alexander).

I like Alice for a girl and the name fits well into BRF tradition.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Nobility

I wonder if the bookies would pay out on Alice if they went all Game Of Thrones and used the medieval spelling Alys?
Old 04-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Commoner

A healthy baby is the most important. :)

I haven't thought of a boy name because I am really hoping for a girl. With that, I think it will be some combo of Mary, Elizabeth and Diana.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Wouldn't it be a hoot if they have a daughter
Name her Princess Elizabeth
What a tribute to,her majesty
Old 04-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Wouldn't it be a hoot if they have a daughter
Name her Princess Elizabeth
What a tribute to,her majesty
I think its possible. Not only is Elizabeth the name of the child's great grandmother who happens to be the monarch but is also Kate's middle name. They could make an announcement similar to what Charles and Diana did with Harry. Come out and say that she will be known as Beth or a diminutive of Elizabeth.

And you're so right thinking it would be a tremendous tribute to the Queen.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Possibly, but imo a bigger hoot would be if the have a daughter and name her Camilla
Old 04-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

I would like Charlotte, Victoria or Alexandra for a girl. I like Alexander for a boy.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Possibly, but imo a bigger hoot would be if the have a daughter and name her Camilla
There was wailing and knashing of teeth from certain areas at the mere suggestion George might be born on Camillas birth day so the responce if W&K were to use Camilla for any of this possible daughters names would be nearly apocalyptic...
Old 04-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Alexander or James will be great because they are Scottish regal names, also Richard ( Richard Lion Heart association) will sound great and Phillip should be included in one of names.

Closed Thread