The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

at the end of the day I dont think they know. Maybe she feels like she is having a girl...who knows...

i also wouldn't take what comes from dailymail as gospel...so even if she did get pink samples...it doesn't necessarily means she knows the sex.

We'll be finding out soon enough...

Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they already have chosen names (for a boy and a girl).

Old 04-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Courtier

The posh pink paint story is growing, with an article about it now from Helen Barnett of the "Express".

This report says Kensington Palace "refused to comment on the rumours", and a spokesman for the paint company Annie Sloan, could not "confirm or deny" that it had supplied paints for Anmer Hall.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Agree with iisuzieii. I don't think they know whether they're having a boy or a girl (and I agree about the integrity of the Mail!)

I think William wants to minimise any chance of leaks that relate to his wife and children. If nobody knows then there's no chance of it getting in the press. The speculation probably irks him, but not as much as someone letting the cat out of the bag. Hopefully W&C can have a few hours with their newborn - as they did with George - when they have total privacy and enjoy knowing something the rest of the world doesn't know yet.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ah, lookie here: Posted March 31, 2015 - Kate Middleton Royal Baby Name Bookmakers Slash Odds On Alice

TEXT: "Bookmakers have seen a flurry of activity pertaining to the name of the royal baby – and it’s not one we’d been expecting.

"William Hill and Ladbrokes have slashed the odds to 4/1 and 3/1 respectively on the royal sprog being named Alice, having previously seemed pretty fixed on Charlotte.

"But of the new favourite, William Hill mysteriously notes: “We have seen a significant number of bets, particularly from the Tunbridge area – you have to think there is a good reason for the gamble.

"Paddy Power has also since an increase in bets, though they are listing Alice at odds of 9/2 alongside Charlotte.

"Naturally, the name Alice has a royal lineage and was chosen for the second daughter of Queen Victoria. The wife of Queen’s uncle (the late Duke of Gloucester) was also named Alice.

"Despite the enhanced activity around female names, the Duchess of Cambridge has not divulged the sex of her unborn child."

So it's looking like Princess Alice (gender and name are taking off). This happened the last time with the name George (to my despair ), but in this case, I think Princess Alice is nice. Still partial to a Princess Charlotte, but a Princess Alice will do.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

If people start betting on a name than its odds are going down. It doesn't mean that what it's going to be. It's not like Pippa Middleton walked in to Ladbrokes and placed a high money bet. George was a easy guess once we found out it was a boy. It's a name not in use within the immediate family and it's the name of Kings connected to the Windsors.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Ah, lookie here: Posted March 31, 2015 - Kate Middleton Royal Baby Name Bookmakers Slash Odds On Alice

TEXT: "Bookmakers have seen a flurry of activity pertaining to the name of the royal baby – and it’s not one we’d been expecting.

"William Hill and Ladbrokes have slashed the odds to 4/1 and 3/1 respectively on the royal sprog being named Alice, having previously seemed pretty fixed on Charlotte.

"But of the new favourite, William Hill mysteriously notes: “We have seen a significant number of bets, particularly from the Tunbridge area – you have to think there is a good reason for the gamble.

"Paddy Power has also since an increase in bets, though they are listing Alice at odds of 9/2 alongside Charlotte.

"Naturally, the name Alice has a royal lineage and was chosen for the second daughter of Queen Victoria. The wife of Queen’s uncle (the late Duke of Gloucester) was also named Alice.

"Despite the enhanced activity around female names, the Duchess of Cambridge has not divulged the sex of her unborn child."

So it's looking like Princess Alice (gender and name are taking off). This happened the last time with the name George (to my despair ), but in this case, I think Princess Alice is nice. Still partial to a Princess Charlotte, but a Princess Alice will do.

Hi Lady Nimue - Alice was also the name of Prince Philip's mother, and the famous heroine of Lewis Carroll who the Duchess of Cambridge did her dissertation on, when she was at university.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Hi Lady Nimue - Alice was also the name of Prince Philip's mother, and the famous heroine of Lewis Carroll who the Duchess of Cambridge did her dissertation on, when she was at university.
Ah, ha! We may have something here.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:32 AM
Courtier

The posh pink paint story is now being carried by a third online newspaper, the "Mirror", in an article by Emma O'Reilly.

Our attention is drawn to the previous reports that the Duchess has been spotted buying pink - yes pink! - baby clothes recently.

As this article says, speculation about the new baby's gender is going into "overdrive".

(Or maybe that's me she is reporting on - I keep coming across these pink paint reports. )

And this article includes a photo of the shop that "can't deny" it has supplied said paint samples.

(Or confirm of course.)
Old 04-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Gentry

Oh please let it be a boy.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:16 PM
Courtier

I saw this the other day at a Grocery Store and could not believe this!

Pure Stupid Nonsense Trash from The Globe! Total Fake obviously

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1428264963.654482.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	294163
Old 04-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Oh please let it be a boy.

That may well be akina21.

Everyone's just having a bit of fun - Patricia Murphy now has a report in the Irish Independant about the pink paint - all part of the build up and interest being taken in the impending birth.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
That may well be akina21.

Everyone's just having a bit of fun - Patricia Murphy now has a report in the Irish Independant about the pink paint - all part of the build up and interest being taken in the impeding birth.
The thing that gets me is that if W&K had found out the sex of the baby, they would have known long before now and actually start work on a pink nursery then. Why would they wait till almost to the finish line to purchase the paint?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Royal Highness

Whose to say the pink paint isn't for a guest bedroom or any room ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Whose to say the pink paint isn't for a guest bedroom or any room ?
Its very possible. There are many shades of pink that aren't really the pink one would associate with a baby girl such as rose pink etc. I just don't think its logical to be laying bets on it being a baby girl just by a purchase of or looking at paint in a pink shade.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Courtier

Well we can now say the world is awash in the pink paint story, as it has now been reported on by Australian magazine "Woman's Day" and the US's "Huffington Post".

If the new baby does turn out to be a little boy, then we can all safely revert to the "oh yes they have a downstairs loo at Anmer Hall" and "oh yes, it's painted pink" default position.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

This is all getting very obnoxious. I hope she had a fat healthy beautiful baby boy and if she becomes pregnant a third time has twin boys just because of this obsession/fixation with Catherine bearing girl.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
This is all getting very obnoxious. I hope she had a fat healthy beautiful baby boy and if she becomes pregnant a third time has twin boys just because of this obsession/fixation with Catherine bearing girl.
I fully agree with this. The idea of a little girl being born into this media toxicity makes me want to barf. I'm rooting for only boys.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Amen to that!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I sort of hope it's a girl because of this whole frenzy. In reality, I don't care, I hope for a healthy bubba, but I reckon it would be quite disheartening for a boy to, in the future, learn how the vast majority of everyone had hoped you would be someone else. My gut still wrenches a bit when thinking about how Prince Joachim of Denmark literally would not shut up about how thankful he was that he finally had gotten a daughter and how different and amazing it is – I wonder what his older sons thought of that.

But I agree wholeheartedly. This obsession the media has with the baby being a girl is obnoxious to say the least.

Closed Thread