The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Alexander is actually in quite a lot of royal family member's names. One of Prince Richard's middle names is Alexander, and his son is called Alexander with his grandson being called Xander. One of James, Viscount Severn's middle names is Alexander and the youngest child of King George V and Queen Mary was called Alexander John.

The name was probably introduced as a masculine form of Alexandra for Queen Alexandra.
I do believe that the Duke of Gloucester's grandson's name is Xan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a Princess: Adeliza
Adeliza of Louvain was the second Queen Consort of King Henry I.
Adeliza is interesting, I rather like the sound of a little Princess Adeliza of Cambridge (it would be an unexpected twist on Adelaide). However, as much as I like the sound of Adeliza, I think it's perhaps a bit "out there" as a first name for a Princess, though who knows - William and Catherine could do a Victoria and Daniel and surprise us all. But, out of the medieval Royal names, I think Adela has a better chance of a revival.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Adeliza is interesting, I rather like the sound of a little Princess Adeliza of Cambridge (it would be an unexpected twist on Adelaide). However, as much as I like the sound of Adeliza, I think it's perhaps a bit "out there" as a first name for a Princess, though who knows - William and Catherine could do a Victoria and Daniel and surprise us all. But, out of the medieval Royal names, I think Adela has a better chance of a revival.
Adela was the name of a daughter of King William I.
Adela of Normandy is the mother of King Stephen of England.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Adela is very pretty. I agree we have more of a chance of that than Adeliza.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I always thought Diana liked Alethea for a girl? Eleanor is very pretty but there are quite a lot of young Leonor, Eleanors about; the King of Belgium's daughter, Princess Madelaine of Sweden's toddler, the eldest child of Felipe and Letizia of Spain, for example, so they might not pick it for that reason.
There is also a Countess Leonore of the Netherlands.

I personally don't think that's an issue. They should choose any name they please.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:41 AM
Aristocracy

I think they'll stay traditional.

For a girl Victoria, Alice or Elizabeth (or combination thereof).
For a boy Louis, Bertie or Arthur.

As an aside is this baby Prince/ss or are they Lady/Lord Windsor? Have the LP's restricting the HRH Prince/ss to the eldest of the POW's eldest been changed or will this one have to wait until Grandpa is King to be HRH?
Old 03-10-2015, 05:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

In 2012 the Queen issued new LPs giving HRH Prince/Princess styling to all of William's children so this new baby will be a Prince or Princess just like his/her older brother (who would have been under the existing LPs as a boy).

The Queen did this to ensure that if the first born was a girl she would also have been a Princess as the existing LPs only past on HRH to William's eldest son (during the current reign).

As things currently stand, Harry's children will be Lord/Lady Mountbatten-Windsor in this present reign but move up to Prince/Princess when Charles becomes King. Harry's eldest son would probably be known as 'Earl of xxxx' assuming that Harry is given the normal range of titles - Duke, Earl and Baron - on his wedding day.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

Adela was the name of a daughter of King William I.
Adela of Normandy is the mother of King Stephen of England.
Yes, I'm aware of both the medieval Royal Adelas

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Girl: Amber Kitty Delilah
Boy: Rocky Fox Jacko
Old 03-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Now I'm confused..
She's small like she was with PG
However, she's a bit fuller,thinking a girl.
I really need to see her with her coat off
Old 03-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

I think Alice would be a wonderful name. Wasn't that Prince Philip's mother's name? I don't think Diana will be in any of the three names. Perhaps Frances but not Diana. Maybe Carole will be in there somewhere: Alice Frances Carole. I think that sounds nice. I'm not guessing a boy's name because I want a girl because I love how the British upper classes dress their girls.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

If it's a girl I'd love the middle names Francis and Caroline.

Caroline for Carol Middleton
Francis for Michael Middleton and Princess Diana.

Princess Cecily Francis Caroline
Old 03-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Kate's very 'neat' as we would say in my part of the UK, which would usually suggest a girl - although I think she was equally neat with George. I suspect a girl will be Elizabeth as there has to be some reason that none of the Queen's children or grandchildren have so far honoured the Queen by giving their daughter her name as a first name. I think it'll definitely be in there somewhere.

Just so long as it's not Diana. Please, I'd take Chardonnay over that.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

Diana Elizabeth Carole
Albert James Arthur
Old 03-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Aristocracy

A lot of people suggest Carole - which I don't think will be used. The Middletons anyway get a lot of flak.

This would invite more. Not that the Cambridgeshire care about media gossip, but I'm sure they'll avoid it.

They could use another variant of Carole if they wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looking at her today, I sense it's another boy.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Just a question, but George was not named for any close male relative in any of his names so why is almost everyone certain she will have a Diana or Carole or Elisabeth or even named after all three in her name? You'd think they would have gone that way first time around if they cared to do that at all.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I, too, think they will follow the same trend they used when naming George. Pick out a name they like and go with it and steer away from naming the child "after" someone. These are aware parents that know their children will be in the media spotlight all of their lives and would want their children to have their own identities without all the namesake crapola that could come with it.

I'm still fairly certain that if its a girl, they'll go simple with a name like Mary and if its a boy, I get a feeling it'll be the same such as John or perhaps Richard.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Just a question, but George was not named for any close male relative in any of his names so why is almost everyone certain she will have a Diana or Carole or Elisabeth or even named after all three in her name? You'd think they would have gone that way first time around if they cared to do that at all.
Probably because we're talking about a dead mother and the Queen when we bandy about Diana and/or Elizabeth for a girl.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

If Mary then you got to have an Edith to follow! Nice queenly names right?
Old 03-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

Mary Anne Louise for a girl. This little girl will be the Next Princess Royal and this name would honor all three of the last Princess Royals.

Closed Thread