The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Serene Highness

For me Vincent is absolutely apropriate royal name. Vincent has all royal name's features:
1) latin origin with apropriate meaning "to conquer or win"
2) there is a long list of christian saints with name Vincent
3)this name is used in almost all european countries

it just happened than Vincent wasn't use for major royals in the past.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I would personally guess that the BRF is too conservative to go with a name for a spare as relatively out there as, say, Estelle or Vincent but I'm probably wrong. I was very surprised with their choice of middle names for George so I don't think them using an unexpected first name would be a massive surprise.
Alexander was a little "out of left field" but Louis is one of Williams' names and is in tribute to Earl Mountbatten who was a surrogate Grandfather figure to the Prince of Wales. I think it might well become a traditional name in future generations of the Mounbatten branch of the Windsors.

For a second son, be it this pregnancy or a future one, I feel that we could see names like Arthur, Frances, Michael, Peter, James become semi traditional as the families of Windsor & Middleton meld.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Courtier

I don't think that Alexander was that strange. Isn't the Queens second name Alexandra?
Old 03-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Alexander is actually in quite a lot of royal family member's names. One of Prince Richard's middle names is Alexander, and his son is called Alexander with his grandson being called Xander. One of James, Viscount Severn's middle names is Alexander and the youngest child of King George V and Queen Mary was called Alexander John.

The name was probably introduced as a masculine form of Alexandra for Queen Alexandra.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I don't think that Alexander was that strange. Isn't the Queens second name Alexandra?
SLV, you are correct. When she was born in 1926, the Princess was given the name Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria was Alexandrina Victoria
Old 03-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Alexander is actually in quite a lot of royal family member's names. One of Prince Richard's middle names is Alexander, and his son is called Alexander with his grandson being called Xander. One of James, Viscount Severn's middle names is Alexander and the youngest child of King George V and Queen Mary was called Alexander John.

The name was probably introduced as a masculine form of Alexandra for Queen Alexandra.
Prince Alexander John Charles Albert of Wales was the sixth child of the future King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. He lived for only one day in 1871 and is buried at Sandringham next to his nephew Prince John Charles Francis, son of King George V and Queen Mary.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Nobility

Looks like she's carring a girl...
I'm going out on a limb..
Old 03-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Prince Alexander John Charles Albert of Wales was the sixth child of the future King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. He lived for only one day in 1871 and is buried at Sandringham next to his nephew Prince John Charles Francis, son of King George V and Queen Mary.
My mistake, I did mean to put Edward and Alexandra, not George and Mary.

Another Alexander in the BRF is Prince Alexander of Denmark (later Olav V of Norway) who was the son of Princess Maud, King Edward VII's daughter.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Just like with George, I think they are going to stick with traditional names. I like Alexandra, Clara, Georgina and Charlotte for a girl. I also like Elizabeth, but I don't think they would use that as a first name.

As for middle names, I wouldn't mind if they included Diana or Carole.

I'm still not sure about boy names.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
I've been out on that limb for a while. Welcome! Princess Charlotte is my choice of name (currently).
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Kate and William will go outside the box and name the baby some name we wouldn't expect or surprise us with an unusual name.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the baby's name will be the same as some British prince or princess, whether quite recent, or used in the 1200's. I however, think recent is more likely.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh GG your not going to all traditional are you ? Was hoping for a few more left field from you 😉

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Oh GG your not going to all traditional are you ? Was hoping for a few more left field from you 😉

Well, if they'd let me pick......

I love traditional. If it were my kid (George had three names, so I'll go with three):

David Phillip Francis

Alice Elizabeth Matilda
Old 03-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Well, if they'd let me pick......

I love traditional. If it were my kid (George had three names, so I'll go with three):

David Phillip Francis

Alice Elizabeth Matilda

Very nice too I love Matilda

Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I'm sticking with the branch I originally landed on - Victoria Elizabeth
Old 03-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Nobility

If it's a boy, Prince Richard?
Old 03-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If it's a boy, Prince Richard?
Richard Charles Michael
Old 03-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

While I don't really care what they have, I am now starting to hope for a girl, as I really don't like any of the likely choices for a boy, except for Philip or David. I don't see them using Charles or Michael, which I also like.

If they have a boy, I do hope they go out on a bit of a limb, or with one of the four above.