Well they do already have one Beatle with George so who knows ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 02-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well they do already have one Beatle with George so who knows ha ha
They could get away with naming another son Richard then. Ringo is just a nickname. Or, how bout John Paul Richard?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
They could get away with naming another son Richard then. Ringo is just a nickname. Or, how bout John Paul Richard?

That would pretty much cover all the Beatles...love it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

I want it to be a girl, but I think that it's a boy.

I could see them going with Philip or Arthur for a boy. Philip for Prince Philip, obviously, and Arthur is one of Charles and William's middle names. George and Philip, and George and Arthur, go well together.

In the case that this baby is a girl, I think that Caroline would be a great choice for them to honor Carole Middleton and numerous members of the royal family in the past. There's such a huge age difference that any confusion with Princess Caroline of Monaco will be miniscule. I don't think that they would use Diana in any of the names- there's too much weight associated with the name. A lot for a little girl to live up to!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whether William and Catherine have a son or daughter, is it necessary that the child's first name be a name that is listed among the Saints of the Anglican Church?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never read anywhere that it's a requirement. As members of the British Royal family tend to go for traditional names, especially for their sons, those are almost always saints' names anyway.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the baby is a girl, I don't see why people cast aside the name Diana for at least her middle name. I would think the names Diana or Frances for her middle name would be a nice pick.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
If the baby is a girl, I don't see why people cast aside the name Diana for at least her middle name. I would think the names Diana or Frances for her middle name would be a nice pick.
Frances yes, and if they were just your average blokes I would very much love Diana as a middle-name. But since Diana is such a cult-thing with so much media-fodder I think they will shy away from it for the kid's sake. But if they use it, it will be nice as well and we will get used to it. Just like some people thought him giving the ring was unlucky and gruesome but after a while got used to it and listened to William own words for the choice. So, my guess is they won't use it but if they do, it's not the end of the world.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Frances yes, and if they were just your average blokes I would very much love Diana as a middle-name. But since Diana is such a cult-thing with so much media-fodder I think they will shy away from it for the kid's sake. But if they use it, it will be nice as well and we will get used to it. Just like some people thought him giving the ring was unlucky and gruesome but after a while got used to it and listened to William own words for the choice. So, my guess is they won't use it but if they do, it's not the end of the world.
That's the way I see it, too. It just has too much recent history. 'Cult-thing' is a good phrase to describe it.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I actually think that William wants to call any daughter Diana as he has issues with his mother.

It was creepy enough that he gave his wife his dead mother's ring rather than actually buy Kate a ring of her own.

Every time anyone sees that ring it is still 'Diana's ring'. It will never be Kate's.

He also wants to recreate Diana in other ways - living at KP and even on the Sandringham estate - where Diana was born and grew up for much of her early life.

I really do think William has 'mummy' issues and a daughter would be a new "Princess Diana" and he would want her to be a new Diana.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I actually think that William wants to call any daughter Diana as he has issues with his mother.

It was creepy enough that he gave his wife his dead mother's ring rather than actually buy Kate a ring of her own.

Every time anyone sees that ring it is still 'Diana's ring'. It will never be Kate's.

He also wants to recreate Diana in other ways - living at KP and even on the Sandringham estate - where Diana was born and grew up for much of her early life.

I really do think William has 'mummy' issues and a daughter would be a new "Princess Diana" and he would want her to be a new Diana.

Oh my I find that really sad that you can't see that he loves his mother like most people do.IMO he's not the one with issues

Old 02-19-2015, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

I thought giving Kate the ring was a lovely gesture.
Of course it's her ring. Diana didn't even wear it after the divorce. Yes, it's a link, but a sweet one, imo.

As for living at KP and near Sandringham, well, that is where members of the RF live! And William and Kate won't be there forever, after all. Where else should they live while the Queen is alive?
Old 02-19-2015, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

He was offered an apartment in BP - but chose KP. He could also have had an apartment in St James' palace in London.

He could have had any number of homes - even new ones - in the country but no it had to be at Sandringham.

William has said repeatedly he wants a daughter - and to me that is a clear sign that he wants to recreate his mother in a child.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

St. James is said to be rather cold and gloomy; I've heard that Charles didn't like living there after the divorce.
And I expect KP would allow more privacy than BP (and many of the Royals don't much care for BP either; it's been said the Queen herself isn't very fond of the place).

William didn't chose the apt. where Diana lived, but the more spacious one that belonged to Princess Margaret.

As for wanting a daughter...Charles once wanted one too, but I doubt it was to recreate his mother.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Oh my I find that really sad that you can't see that he loves his mother like most people do.IMO he's not the one with issues

I agree.

Although... He has issues. Protection issues. Not mummy issues (maybe a little, but who wouldn't in that situation). Ever since he was a child he said he wanted to be police to protect his mother, he shoved her tissues under the bathroom door etc. After that strong sense of wanting to protect her and not being able seems to have affected him a lot. Look how protective he is of his family, illogically so sometimes when it comes to the press. Also, consider his chosen career paths. He wanted to be a soldier on the front line, wasn't allowed so became a Search and Rescue pilot. That closed and he became an Helicopter Ambulance Pilot. In my (not very professional) mind, he is trying to save the mother he couldn't, time and time again.

(Sorry, this is OT. Move this conversation to a more fitting place if needed)
Old 02-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Aristocracy

I always thought William wouldnt use the name Diana! But I think he may use it. He's used his mother ring, and often tries to include his mothers memory whenever possible.

But I still think it'll be a boy!

Old 02-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

My goodness, the armchair psychologists are out in force today haha.

For a boy I like John and for a girl either Elizabeth or Victoria
Old 02-19-2015, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
My goodness, the armchair psychologists are out in force today haha.

For a boy I like John and for a girl either Elizabeth or Victoria
Hhaa, yeah... I know. That's why I said it was my very unprofessional take on it. I in no way say it is the truth :P
Old 02-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm really starting to think it's a boy as well, I saw a photo of her just before and I thought "boy."

Diano?
Old 02-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Dion is a real name, actually.closest you going to get to a male form of Diana

Closed Thread