The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Somehow, I don't think you're right - I think they are very sensitive to negative press.

Hey, I personally think they should honor ALL parents and grandparents in their choice of names.
I dont think they "give a damn". And they really dont care about the DM.

They will name this child entirely to their own wishes. And if they want to call it Carole (hopefully not a boy) then they will.

Lots of time is spent on these threads saying why royals cant name their child a certain name - dead people, "not royal", "unlucky", "history" duplicate. The later includes some vague royals in Europe that the majority of Brits have never heard of.

I hope they come up with something different (I've recently taken to Allegra for a girl) but they are quite an old fashioned couple so probably not.

My only wish is that it is not Diana - not because of personal feelings about her, but that it is an incredible burden for a child to carry into the future. I also feel now that Elizabeth will be a burden as well. Sorry, that's 2 wishes.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ahhh that bright lightbulb above my head really makes typing a message so much easier.

They may decide to go with something quite simple as Mary or Alice or Jane for the sole reason it will be something easy for George to pronounce.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Mary Jane? the press would love it
Old 02-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

Why not all Cs?

Prince Christopher Charles Caspian of Cambridge
Princess Christina Caroline Catherine of Cambridge
Old 02-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a Prince: Edmund Ernest Edwin
For a Princess: Elizabeth Emma Edwina
Edwina - oh, I love that name. Long shot, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Why not all Cs?

Prince Christopher Charles Caspian of Cambridge
Princess Christina Caroline Catherine of Cambridge
Ha!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Majesty

If it's a girl, I would love if they named her Eleanor Victoria Elizabeth, after Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, and Queen Elizabeth II.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Eleanor would be a fantastic choice. Not only is Eleanor of Aquitaine a badass namesake, George and Eleanor also sound lovely together. And haven't there been rumours that Diana wanted to name a daughter Eleanor? Seems like a perfect fit (provided of course that William and Catherine like it, haha).

Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I always thought Diana liked Alethea for a girl? Eleanor is very pretty but there are quite a lot of young Leonor, Eleanors about; the King of Belgium's daughter, Princess Madelaine of Sweden's toddler, the eldest child of Felipe and Letizia of Spain, for example, so they might not pick it for that reason.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear, it's clear you'all haven't gotten the news. I have. In the food market check-out lane this evening, it was being announced clear as 20-point type: Catherine's baby is a girl and she is naming it Diana. 'Nuf said.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I always thought Diana liked Alethea for a girl? Eleanor is very pretty but there are quite a lot of young Leonor, Eleanors about; the King of Belgium's daughter, Princess Madelaine of Sweden's toddler, the eldest child of Felipe and Letizia of Spain, for example, so they might not pick it for that reason.
There are a million apocryphal stories about what Diana would have named a girl.

At this point, let's agree that probably she would have named a girl Princess Madison CoCo Nevaeh and have done with it.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Since it appears at various times William and Kate don't know who the European Royalty are I don't think they would have any idea what they have named their children

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Serene Highness

Yikes! I would hope they at least know the basic facts.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Yikes! I would hope they at least know the basic facts.

IMO I ready don't think so
Just a feeling I have so that leaves it open to guess any euro royal names

Old 02-13-2015, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why should they care what other European couples have named their children though? It's their child. They should name it whatever they like and not give a hoot about what some people they're hardly going to see on a daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly basis have named their children.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Nobility

I'm still thinking and hoping that this one is going to another boy.

Here are my some more detail predictions
for another prince

1. HRH Prince Alfred John Francis of cambridge
(my favorite)

2. HRH Prince Arthur Michael Charles of cambridge

3. HRH Prince Richard Philip Albert of cambridge
Old 02-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Royal Highness

Diana's paternal grandmother was:

Cynthia Elinor Beatrix Hamilton
Old 02-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope if it's a girl the name Diana is no where in her list of Names.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Towards the end with George, I had a clear feeling that it was a boy. I am all over the place with this one, but I am now leaning towards boy. I agree with the Arthur/Alfred camp, that's where I'll put my money.

Arthur/Alfred Philip - or some combination of the three.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Royal Highness

I'm thinking boy and I did day Arthur but I really think it could be something a bit left field.
Not a fruit, tree or weather condition but not a name you immediately think of as "Royal".

I see the bookies have Ringo as 500/1 ha ha they also have spencer as 33/1 and Macbeth as 400/1

Old 02-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I see the bookies have Ringo as 500/1 ha ha they also have spencer as 33/1 and Macbeth as 400/1

I think Ringo might have better odds than Spencer - isn't the surname thing just too American?