Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they named a boy Richard, it might be denoted as a tip of the hat to the year Richard III was reinterned in Leicester.

I think Richard could be a strong contender for a name but my top two picks are John and Albert.

Maybe just me but I doubt they would use Alexander when it is one of George's names.

I'm still firm on Victoria Elizabeth with maybe Alice as the third name.

I still really really want another little boy. Two little boys are so cute. Maybe called Alfred

I like the name "David Arthur" for another boy. If a girl, Anna Elizabeth.

Girl:

Princess Alice Mary Elizabeth
Princess Charlotte Alice Elizabeth
Princess Victoria Mary Elizabeth
Princess Mary Charlotte Elizabeth

Boy:

Prince James Arthur Phillip
Prince Arthur James Phillip
Prince Albert James Arthur

"Only do what your heart tells you" - Princess Diana
I doubt they'd use James since Edward and Sophie's son is James. That might cause too much confusion but who knows...

Caroline Elizabeth Frances
Alexis Mary Catherine

or

David Charles Emanuel
Jonathan Edward James

I doubt they'd use the name David - that was what Edward VIII was called by family and friends.

That didn't stop Princess Margaret - Edward VIII's niece - from naming her only son David.

I hope the baby is a boy. Preferably named Arthur.

Isn't David also the patron saint of Wales? I can really see them naming a boy David.

Caroline Elizabeth Frances
Alexis Mary Catherine

or

David Charles Emanuel
Jonathan Edward James

Alexis is technically a boys' name in English and hasn't been used on women as long as it has on men so I don't think there is any chance they would use it on a daughter. I know it's popular now for girls but I just can't see it in the royal family.

Isn't David also the patron saint of Wales? I can really see them naming a boy David.

David is the patron saint of Wales and the name of two Scottish kings (as well as a number of Princes of Wales).

I've just been doing a little survey of my own on this thread and so far, as you might expect, Elizabeth, Victoria and Charlotte as first names are blitzing ahead of all contenders. Strangely things were quet on the Alice front early on, but it is now making a strong run. I think posters here have agreed that Diana is an unlikely contender as a first name.

Among the boys' names Philip started off extremely strongly and Charles was the suggestion of a few. Philip seems to have fallen out of contention in the last little while and Arthur, Albert are becoming favourites.

Picture it. London 2015. Announcement made that the 2nd boy child of William and Kate is name Arthur. The country goes wild. The Daily Mail calls it Arthuritis.

But seriously folks.... won't be long now. :D

I really don't see them picking a name like alice if its a girl...i can see names more like victoria, mary, alexandra, or even charlotte....i feel like those are strong first names...alice is kinda blah...

and I def. don't think they are going to have more than 3 names for the next kid....

I am going to laugh if cara delevigne is right on the name again...she got it right with george...I remember when she was asked for an entertainment show what the name should be...she said Charlotte for a girl and I think Alfie for a boy.

Last edited:
I really don't see them picking a name like alice if its a girl...i can see names more like victoria, mary, alexandra, or even charlotte....i feel like those are strong first names...alice is kinda blah

Blah you may think it but Alice was the name of Prince Phillips mother and is one of the names of the Princess Royal so it has family history.

I'm still convinced on Victoria Elizabeth Alice

on the off chance that it is a little prince I would lean towards

Richard Arthur Phillip

I love the name Alice, but I think it would be better for a middle name because the first name ought to be more "robust" sounding! So my current thinking is Charlotte Elizabeth Alice for a girl.

Richard would be a great name for a boy - maybe Richard Charles David?

I guess another factor on what name they will choose is how it will sound with the full title. We have Prince George of Cambridge, so how does Princess Charlotte of Cambridge sound or Prince Richard of Cambridge?

I also dont think William or Kate care about the "historic" value of the name...I think they are really just looking at the family names...we will see...i do wonder if they have had names in mind or are waiting for the baby to be born to figure it out.

For a girl, I'm hoping for Charlotte... And for a boy David

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think that if it is a boy, his name will contain Charles or Phillip, maybe Edward. What are possibilities for the first name to be Louis or Michael, what do you think? I love name David, but i'm afraid it could be used only as a middle.
I was disappointed when they chose name George, but it was predictable. Sometimes I think that as this baby is a spare they will give him/her a traditional royal name too, such as Charles, not Richard, Arthur or David.

Last edited:
Please no,Charles

I could see them use william somewhere in the name

Please no,Charles

I could see them use william somewhere in the name

Why ever not? It would be a lovely tribute to the paternal grandfather.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

isn't it kind of verboten in the family to name a kid after a living family member or maybe living royal?

isn't it kind of verboten in the family to name a kid after a living family member or maybe living royal?

Hardly. QEII was named after her own mother. Same with Princess Mary, the Princess Royal & Countess of Harewood. And those are two easy examples... Check out the names of Victoria & Albert's children and grandchildren.

Personally, I'm hoping for a girl and I'm hoping she'll be named Victoria Elizabeth Frances. That honors the mother, grandmothers and great-grandmother without saddling the poor kid with Diana's name.

I don't see them going with Philip or Charles for a boy's first name and I don't necessarily see them using one of George's middle names. There are plenty of other options. Personally, I'm not really a fan of names like Arthur, Alfred, Leopold or Frederick, so I really don't have a preference. Arthur Philip Michael is a nice combo though that honors the father, grandfathers and great-grandfather.

Last edited:
I hope that if it's a girl that the name is Victoria, Alexandra or Amanda. Don't particularly care much for the name Alice (makes me think of someone older) or Charlotte.

If it's a boy James would be a nice name.

There were not 1 but 2 other Prince Edwards alive when the Earl of Wessex was born; his mother's uncle and her cousin. The Duke of Windsor was also known as David, and he was still alive when Princess Margaret's son, David, was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom