The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 01-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,331
Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Why are so many people wanting, even obsessing, over a little girl not necessarily just here but everywhere?

Because the Royal women drive the discussion. The fake stories before George was born were all girl or twins. With a princess, you get the clothing, hair, weight, jewelry, future tiara discussions. With a prince, you just get the girlfriend discussion. No one in 25 years, will be discussing George's pension for navy sweaters that he inherited from dad but they will be talking about Princess name hair that she got from her mum and why wouldn't she wear it up more often.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

  #622  
Old 01-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 177
Edmund is handsome and Cedric is cute.
Both have nice meanings.

More name guesses ...

Edmund Charles Francis
Frederick Arthur David
Francis Charles William
Rupert Arthur Francis

... and for fun ...
Harpette Seven Eight
North West Wales
Plum Apple Jam
Zowee Dot Com
Pink Faerie Flossy
__________________

  #623  
Old 01-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
A possibility is Geoffrey; one of Henry II's sons was Prince Geoffrey.


I think that sounds much nicer than some name like Albert or Augustus.
  #624  
Old 01-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 177
I don't think so. It's not the right climate.

Well, maybe Geoffrey but definitely not spelt as Jeffrey.

Then again Jeffrey Oliver John - Jeff O.J. for short and one godfather could be Prince Andrew and another John Bryan. (For future travel, golf, job training and financial advice purposes.)
  #625  
Old 01-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I don't think so. It's not the right climate.

Well, maybe Geoffrey but definitely not spelt as Jeffrey.

Then again Jeffrey Oliver John - Jeff O.J. for short and one godfather could be Prince Andrew and another John Bryan. (For future travel, golf, job training and financial advice purposes.)
OMG, Jeffrey O.J :P You really got all of them in there! :P
  #626  
Old 01-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Because the Royal women drive the discussion. The fake stories before George was born were all girl or twins. With a princess, you get the clothing, hair, weight, jewelry, future tiara discussions. With a prince, you just get the girlfriend discussion. No one in 25 years, will be discussing George's pension for navy sweaters that he inherited from dad but they will be talking about Princess name hair that she got from her mum and why wouldn't she wear it up more often.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

All very true, unfortunately. It's one of the reasons I hope it's another boy. Less tabloid fodder, and less opportunity for sexist barbs on this site.
  #627  
Old 01-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,877
There seems to be tread for mothers wanting girls and mothers of boys only are pitied the call it SMOG Smug Mothers Of Girls.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #628  
Old 01-26-2015, 07:50 PM
ada's Avatar
ada ada is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pomona, Australia
Posts: 562
For a girl,

Elizabeth Diana Carol

-- but I think it's a boy
  #629  
Old 01-26-2015, 08:05 PM
LadyCatharine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northeast Ohio, United States
Posts: 464
Princess Alice Elizabeth
  #630  
Old 01-26-2015, 08:23 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Edmund is handsome and Cedric is cute.
Both have nice meanings.

More name guesses ...

Edmund Charles Francis
Frederick Arthur David
Francis Charles William
Rupert Arthur Francis

... and for fun ...
Harpette Seven Eight
North West Wales
Plum Apple Jam
Zowee Dot Com
Pink Faerie Flossy
Harpette Seven Eight!

Oh, please, Jesus, make it happen (on my knees)
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #631  
Old 01-27-2015, 10:27 AM
madeleineleigh's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 29
Alice Caroline Frances seems possible as it is all names that are common to the families and somewhat old-fashioned.

I would hope for something more exotic, like Matilda or Eleanor, after some great British queens, but I doubt they will go there.
  #632  
Old 01-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: -, Antarctica
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
She wanted a boy last time whereas William wanted a girl.Maybe she is looking happy because she found out this one is a boy as well. Just saying.
Or that she will give birth to the baby girl her husband wants?
  #633  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:20 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Maybe she just had gas, like a newborn.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #634  
Old 02-01-2015, 02:07 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,412
Elizabeth is the perfect mix of both families. Not only honors the queen and queen mum, but Kate's family. Not only is it Kate and Carole's middle name, but Kate's great grandmother's name (Carole's maternal grandmother).

Francis nice choice too. Middle name of both Diana and Michael.

For a boy, I would include the masculine spelling of Frances, again as a nod both to Michael and Diana.

ideas:

Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis- nod to Philip through his mother
Princess Victoria Margaret Anne-sisters of George VI, Elizabeth and Charles
Princess Mary Louise Anne- last three Princess Royal


*Princess Mary's first name was Victoria. Don't see them pairing Mary Margaret (sounds like a nun)




Prince Albert Henry Andrew- the second son of George V, Charles and Elizabeth
Prince Philip Frances Charles- DOE, Frances for Michael and Diana, Charles for Grandpa
Prince Arthur Frederick John- Frederick both royal and Kate's family, John for the Spencers
  #635  
Old 02-01-2015, 03:56 AM
AnnEliza's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 344
I like the suggestions of Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis and Prince Albert Henry Andrew.
I feel the baby is a girl.
  #636  
Old 02-01-2015, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 190
I reckon if the baby is a girl there will definitely be Diana in its name. But with the second baby and since they have provided an heir with a pretty conventional name I reckon they could pretty much pick any name they wanted.
So who knows? we might see an unusual or more modern name perhaps?
That would be exciting.
A Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana would be nice. Or Prince Thomas Charles Spencer.
  #637  
Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 858
British Royal Family History

Some nice ROYAL names on here going back through the centuries of the ROYAL FAMILY.

I did say girl last time, and along came GEORGE.

To be honest I do say a girl, but then someone said she's hardly showing at all again, which means another boy??

So I don't know??? But the betting seems to be GIRL!


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2934883/Kate-Middleton-U-turn-maternity-nurse-opting-one-new-baby-sleepless-nights-Prince-George-took-toll.html
  #638  
Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
I reckon if the baby is a girl there will definitely be Diana in its name. But with the second baby and since they have provided an heir with a pretty conventional name I reckon they could pretty much pick any name they wanted.
So who knows? we might see an unusual or more modern name perhaps?
That would be exciting.
A Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana would be nice. Or Prince Thomas Charles Spencer.
Charlotte and Thomas are Modern

Charlotte would not be out of place. A very traditional name that has been used in the royal family before.
Charlotte Stewart: daughter of James II, died as an infant
Charlotte of Mecklenberg: queen consort of George III
Charlotte of Wurtemberg: her daughter,
Charlotte of Wales: daughter of George IV, would have been queen instead of Victoria, if she hadn't died in childbirth. First wife of Leopold I of Belgium
Charlotte of Clarence: daughter of William IV, died shortly after birth
Charlotte of Prussia: Victoria's granddaughter by her daughter Victoria



Thomas is also an old traditional name found in the family tree, especially in the Beaufort line (from which Henry VIII is descended)

Thomas, Earl of Norfolk: son of Edward I
Thomas, Duke of Exeter: son of John of Gaunt
Thomas of Woodstock, Duke of Gloucester: youngest of Edward III
Thomas of York: a young brother of Edward IV and Richard III

As both Thomas (Carole's maternal grandfather) and Charlotte (Pippa's middle name) are Middleton names as well, could be good to use either
  #639  
Old 02-05-2015, 06:46 AM
madeleineleigh's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Elizabeth is the perfect mix of both families. Not only honors the queen and queen mum, but Kate's family. Not only is it Kate and Carole's middle name, but Kate's great grandmother's name (Carole's maternal grandmother).

Francis nice choice too. Middle name of both Diana and Michael.

For a boy, I would include the masculine spelling of Frances, again as a nod both to Michael and Diana.

ideas:

Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis- nod to Philip through his mother
Princess Victoria Margaret Anne-sisters of George VI, Elizabeth and Charles
Princess Mary Louise Anne- last three Princess Royal

*Princess Mary's first name was Victoria. Don't see them pairing Mary Margaret (sounds like a nun)

Prince Albert Henry Andrew- the second son of George V, Charles and Elizabeth
Prince Philip Frances Charles- DOE, Frances for Michael and Diana, Charles for Grandpa
Prince Arthur Frederick John- Frederick both royal and Kate's family, John for the Spencers
Nice suggestions. Though generally, Francis is a male name and Frances is the female version in English. E.g. King Francis II of France; Diana Frances Spencer
  #640  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleineleigh View Post
Nice suggestions. Though generally, Francis is a male name and Frances is the female version in English. E.g. King Francis II of France; Diana Frances Spencer
I think that person covered that. Francis is Michaels middle name and Frances Dianas. So one of those names would cover both of those persons, and the version would depend on the sex of the baby :)
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible names for Prince Ali and Princess Rym`s third child Rossina King Abdullah's Brothers 15 06-29-2010 05:56 AM
Possible Names for Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor's first child lil Monkey King Abdullah's Brothers 62 04-19-2007 12:36 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish calendar duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises