The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Why are so many people wanting, even obsessing, over a little girl not necessarily just here but everywhere?

Because the Royal women drive the discussion. The fake stories before George was born were all girl or twins. With a princess, you get the clothing, hair, weight, jewelry, future tiara discussions. With a prince, you just get the girlfriend discussion. No one in 25 years, will be discussing George's pension for navy sweaters that he inherited from dad but they will be talking about Princess name hair that she got from her mum and why wouldn't she wear it up more often.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 01-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Edmund is handsome and Cedric is cute.
Both have nice meanings.

More name guesses ...

Edmund Charles Francis
Frederick Arthur David
Francis Charles William
Rupert Arthur Francis

... and for fun ...
Harpette Seven Eight
North West Wales
Plum Apple Jam
Zowee Dot Com
Pink Faerie Flossy

Old 01-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

A possibility is Geoffrey; one of Henry II's sons was Prince Geoffrey.

I think that sounds much nicer than some name like Albert or Augustus.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think so. It's not the right climate.

Well, maybe Geoffrey but definitely not spelt as Jeffrey.

Then again Jeffrey Oliver John - Jeff O.J. for short and one godfather could be Prince Andrew and another John Bryan. (For future travel, golf, job training and financial advice purposes.)
Old 01-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I don't think so. It's not the right climate.

Well, maybe Geoffrey but definitely not spelt as Jeffrey.

Then again Jeffrey Oliver John - Jeff O.J. for short and one godfather could be Prince Andrew and another John Bryan. (For future travel, golf, job training and financial advice purposes.)
OMG, Jeffrey O.J :P You really got all of them in there! :P
Old 01-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Because the Royal women drive the discussion. The fake stories before George was born were all girl or twins. With a princess, you get the clothing, hair, weight, jewelry, future tiara discussions. With a prince, you just get the girlfriend discussion. No one in 25 years, will be discussing George's pension for navy sweaters that he inherited from dad but they will be talking about Princess name hair that she got from her mum and why wouldn't she wear it up more often.

All very true, unfortunately. It's one of the reasons I hope it's another boy. Less tabloid fodder, and less opportunity for sexist barbs on this site.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Royal Highness

There seems to be tread for mothers wanting girls and mothers of boys only are pitied the call it SMOG Smug Mothers Of Girls.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Courtier

For a girl,

Elizabeth Diana Carol

-- but I think it's a boy
Old 01-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Princess Alice Elizabeth
Old 01-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Edmund is handsome and Cedric is cute.
Both have nice meanings.

More name guesses ...

Edmund Charles Francis
Frederick Arthur David
Francis Charles William
Rupert Arthur Francis

... and for fun ...
Harpette Seven Eight
North West Wales
Plum Apple Jam
Zowee Dot Com
Pink Faerie Flossy
Harpette Seven Eight!

Oh, please, Jesus, make it happen (on my knees)
Old 01-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Commoner

Alice Caroline Frances seems possible as it is all names that are common to the families and somewhat old-fashioned.

I would hope for something more exotic, like Matilda or Eleanor, after some great British queens, but I doubt they will go there.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
She wanted a boy last time whereas William wanted a girl.Maybe she is looking happy because she found out this one is a boy as well. Just saying.
Or that she will give birth to the baby girl her husband wants?
Old 01-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she just had gas, like a newborn.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Elizabeth is the perfect mix of both families. Not only honors the queen and queen mum, but Kate's family. Not only is it Kate and Carole's middle name, but Kate's great grandmother's name (Carole's maternal grandmother).

Francis nice choice too. Middle name of both Diana and Michael.

For a boy, I would include the masculine spelling of Frances, again as a nod both to Michael and Diana.

ideas:

Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis- nod to Philip through his mother
Princess Victoria Margaret Anne-sisters of George VI, Elizabeth and Charles
Princess Mary Louise Anne- last three Princess Royal

*Princess Mary's first name was Victoria. Don't see them pairing Mary Margaret (sounds like a nun)

Prince Albert Henry Andrew- the second son of George V, Charles and Elizabeth
Prince Philip Frances Charles- DOE, Frances for Michael and Diana, Charles for Grandpa
Prince Arthur Frederick John- Frederick both royal and Kate's family, John for the Spencers
Old 02-01-2015, 03:56 AM
Nobility

I like the suggestions of Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis and Prince Albert Henry Andrew.
I feel the baby is a girl.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy

I reckon if the baby is a girl there will definitely be Diana in its name. But with the second baby and since they have provided an heir with a pretty conventional name I reckon they could pretty much pick any name they wanted.
So who knows? we might see an unusual or more modern name perhaps?
That would be exciting.
A Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana would be nice. Or Prince Thomas Charles Spencer.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 AM
Courtier

British Royal Family History

Some nice ROYAL names on here going back through the centuries of the ROYAL FAMILY.

I did say girl last time, and along came GEORGE.

To be honest I do say a girl, but then someone said she's hardly showing at all again, which means another boy??

So I don't know??? But the betting seems to be GIRL!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2934883/Kate-Middleton-U-turn-maternity-nurse-opting-one-new-baby-sleepless-nights-Prince-George-took-toll.html
Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
I reckon if the baby is a girl there will definitely be Diana in its name. But with the second baby and since they have provided an heir with a pretty conventional name I reckon they could pretty much pick any name they wanted.
So who knows? we might see an unusual or more modern name perhaps?
That would be exciting.
A Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana would be nice. Or Prince Thomas Charles Spencer.
Charlotte and Thomas are Modern

Charlotte would not be out of place. A very traditional name that has been used in the royal family before.
Charlotte Stewart: daughter of James II, died as an infant
Charlotte of Mecklenberg: queen consort of George III
Charlotte of Wurtemberg: her daughter,
Charlotte of Wales: daughter of George IV, would have been queen instead of Victoria, if she hadn't died in childbirth. First wife of Leopold I of Belgium
Charlotte of Clarence: daughter of William IV, died shortly after birth
Charlotte of Prussia: Victoria's granddaughter by her daughter Victoria

Thomas is also an old traditional name found in the family tree, especially in the Beaufort line (from which Henry VIII is descended)

Thomas, Earl of Norfolk: son of Edward I
Thomas, Duke of Exeter: son of John of Gaunt
Thomas of Woodstock, Duke of Gloucester: youngest of Edward III
Thomas of York: a young brother of Edward IV and Richard III

As both Thomas (Carole's maternal grandfather) and Charlotte (Pippa's middle name) are Middleton names as well, could be good to use either
Old 02-05-2015, 06:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Elizabeth is the perfect mix of both families. Not only honors the queen and queen mum, but Kate's family. Not only is it Kate and Carole's middle name, but Kate's great grandmother's name (Carole's maternal grandmother).

Francis nice choice too. Middle name of both Diana and Michael.

For a boy, I would include the masculine spelling of Frances, again as a nod both to Michael and Diana.

ideas:

Princess Alice Elizabeth Francis- nod to Philip through his mother
Princess Victoria Margaret Anne-sisters of George VI, Elizabeth and Charles
Princess Mary Louise Anne- last three Princess Royal

*Princess Mary's first name was Victoria. Don't see them pairing Mary Margaret (sounds like a nun)

Prince Albert Henry Andrew- the second son of George V, Charles and Elizabeth
Prince Philip Frances Charles- DOE, Frances for Michael and Diana, Charles for Grandpa
Prince Arthur Frederick John- Frederick both royal and Kate's family, John for the Spencers
Nice suggestions. Though generally, Francis is a male name and Frances is the female version in English. E.g. King Francis II of France; Diana Frances Spencer
Old 02-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleineleigh View Post
Nice suggestions. Though generally, Francis is a male name and Frances is the female version in English. E.g. King Francis II of France; Diana Frances Spencer
I think that person covered that. Francis is Michaels middle name and Frances Dianas. So one of those names would cover both of those persons, and the version would depend on the sex of the baby :)

Closed Thread