What about a Prince Cedric?

Never !! out the door with my spencer
Love it that people took that serious

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 01-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
GracieG Dear please stop stirring the pot. Some people think you are serious!
I am serious; it's not what I think of the name or Diana, it's what I think they will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Have I missed an announcement from Catherine and William whilst they're on their holiday in the far away remote land of Mustique? Because I think such an announcement would be massive news on this dreary English Sunday morning.

Lighten up. Seriously.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I still think they'll go simple and with a name without any connection to who the wee princess would be "named after" and compared to and any of that other good stuff. Only name possible that would be a connection I think would be Elizabeth.

Perhaps they could go with Mary Elizabeth and she'd be Princess Mary Beth?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Boy: Edmund Arthur Philip

Girl: Helena Alice Elizabeth
Amelia Elizabeth Mary
Old 01-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Edward VIII's full name was Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.
That's true, I had forgotten that; but when HM and Prince Philip used Andrew, it was the first time it had been used as a first name for the Windsors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Boy: Edmund Arthur Philip

Girl: Helena Alice Elizabeth
Amelia Elizabeth Mary
I love your suggestions, particularly Amelia Elizabeth Mary. It would be nice if William and Catherine could revive some of the Hanoverian Royal Names, since there were some beautiful ones there. I also like Sophia, but since the Countess of Wessex is Sophie which is very similar to Sophia, I doubt it will be chosen as a first name, but it would make a nice middle name. I've also gotten the impression that the Cambridges and the Wessexes are quite close. I like the idea of a Prince Edmund. It sounds quite magical. I think it's an unexpected twist on Edward. I think Edmund would also be a first for the BRF, but IIRC there was an Edmund in the Tudor family before Henry VII, though I would need to double check that.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
It's a Girl!!

No need to wait for end of April; we all know its a Girl!!

Name; we'll have to wait and see what name they give the new Princess!
It is! I am convinced due to something I saw in a photograph. Either that or it's twins. Something is up with this pregnancy that has Catherine very pleased.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
It is! I am convinced due to something I saw in a photograph. Either that or it's twins. Something is up with this pregnancy that has Catherine very pleased.
She can't be pleased if it's a boy?
Maybe she just heard from her doctor that the baby is doing really well and that the tome of morning sickness has passed and she was happy about that?

Afaik there has been no official announcement concerning the sexe of the baby..
Old 01-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Edmund is a nice name for a prince but it always reminds me of 'Blackadder'!
Old 01-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
She can't be pleased if it's a boy?
Sure. Why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Maybe she just heard from her doctor that the baby is doing really well and that the tome of morning sickness has passed and she was happy about that?
Absolutely. She could also have heard a joke.

Quote:
Afaik there has been no official announcement concerning the sexe of the baby.
That's right, too.

Anyway, I have a hunch its a girl given what I saw in a photo. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Which picture are we talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

She wanted a boy last time whereas William wanted a girl.Maybe she is looking happy because she found out this one is a boy as well. Just saying.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Edward VIII's full name was Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.

His last four names were given in honor of the patron saints of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. So that was the reason the family originally first used the name Andrew.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

I still say a girl. She will be the next Princess Royal. She will be Mary Anne Catherine. This will Honor the last two princess royal and her mother. Or take Catherine out and put Louise and honor the last three princess royal.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
It's a Girl!!

No need to wait for end of April; we all know its a Girl!!

Name; we'll have to wait and see what name they give the new Princess!
You made the same proclamation for their first pregnancy. They let you down with George. lol

You might get your delayed gratification this time, but personally I'm rooting for another boy.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Nobility

Little princess
Old 01-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Why are so many people wanting, even obsessing, over a little girl not necessarily just here but everywhere?
Old 01-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a Princess: Emma
Queen Emma (Emma of Normandy) was the mother of King Edward the Confessor.
Oeh, I really like Emma!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Why are so many people wanting, even obsessing, over a little girl not necessarily just here but everywhere?
Because they already have a boy. Everyone firstly and most importantly want them to have a healthy child, that's what matters. But secondly, if we had to choose the gender of the child, most here would choose a girl because they are already parents to a boy.
It's just a natural course and opinion, of course there are some who would like for another boy, a playmate to George, but I think every parents dream is to have one of each, at least I've been hearing that all my life. Even my mom, she had a boy first, then I was born and she was thrilled to experience motherhood of a boy and a girl, no matter what, it's not the same having boy and boy, and having boy and a girl, the experience is way diferent. (of course love is the same. And for myself, I don't care for the gender, but I would want to have one of each eventually as well)
Old 01-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I like the idea of a Prince Edmund. It sounds quite magical. I think it's an unexpected twist on Edward. I think Edmund would also be a first for the BRF, but IIRC there was an Edmund in the Tudor family before Henry VII, though I would need to double check that.
Edmund haven't been used as a first name in the current BRF, but it was the fourth name of the late prince George, duke of Kent, George Edward Alexander Edmund, as well as the name of two English kings, Edmund I and Edmund II Ironside.

Closed Thread