Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow, I don't think you're right - I think they are very sensitive to negative press.

Hey, I personally think they should honor ALL parents and grandparents in their choice of names.

I dont think they "give a damn". And they really dont care about the DM.

They will name this child entirely to their own wishes. And if they want to call it Carole (hopefully not a boy) then they will.

Lots of time is spent on these threads saying why royals cant name their child a certain name - dead people, "not royal", "unlucky", "history" duplicate. The later includes some vague royals in Europe that the majority of Brits have never heard of.

I hope they come up with something different (I've recently taken to Allegra for a girl) but they are quite an old fashioned couple so probably not.

My only wish is that it is not Diana - not because of personal feelings about her, but that it is an incredible burden for a child to carry into the future. I also feel now that Elizabeth will be a burden as well. Sorry, that's 2 wishes.

Ahhh that bright lightbulb above my head really makes typing a message so much easier.

They may decide to go with something quite simple as Mary or Alice or Jane for the sole reason it will be something easy for George to pronounce. :D

Princess Mary Jane? the press would love it ;)

Why not all Cs?

Prince Christopher Charles Caspian of Cambridge
Princess Christina Caroline Catherine of Cambridge

If it's a girl, I would love if they named her Eleanor Victoria Elizabeth, after Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, and Queen Elizabeth II.

:previous: Eleanor would be a fantastic choice. Not only is Eleanor of Aquitaine a badass namesake, George and Eleanor also sound lovely together. And haven't there been rumours that Diana wanted to name a daughter Eleanor? Seems like a perfect fit (provided of course that William and Catherine like it, haha).

I always thought Diana liked Alethea for a girl? Eleanor is very pretty but there are quite a lot of young Leonor, Eleanors about; the King of Belgium's daughter, Princess Madelaine of Sweden's toddler, the eldest child of Felipe and Letizia of Spain, for example, so they might not pick it for that reason.

Oh dear, it's clear you'all haven't gotten the news. :flowers: I have. In the food market check-out lane this evening, it was being announced clear as 20-point type: Catherine's baby is a girl and she is naming it Diana. 'Nuf said. :closedeye

I always thought Diana liked Alethea for a girl? Eleanor is very pretty but there are quite a lot of young Leonor, Eleanors about; the King of Belgium's daughter, Princess Madelaine of Sweden's toddler, the eldest child of Felipe and Letizia of Spain, for example, so they might not pick it for that reason.

There are a million apocryphal stories about what Diana would have named a girl.

At this point, let's agree that probably she would have named a girl Princess Madison CoCo Nevaeh and have done with it.

Since it appears at various times William and Kate don't know who the European Royalty are I don't think they would have any idea what they have named their children

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yikes! I would hope they at least know the basic facts.

Why should they care what other European couples have named their children though? It's their child. They should name it whatever they like and not give a hoot about what some people they're hardly going to see on a daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly basis have named their children.

I'm still thinking and hoping that this one is going to another boy.

Here are my some more detail predictions
for another prince

1. HRH Prince Alfred John Francis of cambridge
(my favorite)

2. HRH Prince Arthur Michael Charles of cambridge

3. HRH Prince Richard Philip Albert of cambridge

Diana's paternal grandmother was:

Cynthia Elinor Beatrix Hamilton

Towards the end with George, I had a clear feeling that it was a boy. I am all over the place with this one, but I am now leaning towards boy. I agree with the Arthur/Alfred camp, that's where I'll put my money.

Arthur/Alfred Philip - or some combination of the three.

I'm thinking boy and I did day Arthur but I really think it could be something a bit left field.
Not a fruit, tree or weather condition but not a name you immediately think of as "Royal".

I see the bookies have Ringo as 500/1 ha ha they also have spencer as 33/1 and Macbeth as 400/1

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the bookies have Ringo as 500/1 ha ha they also have spencer as 33/1 and Macbeth as 400/1

I think Ringo might have better odds than Spencer - isn't the surname thing just too American?

Well they do already have one Beatle with George so who knows ha ha

Well they do already have one Beatle with George so who knows ha ha

They could get away with naming another son Richard then. Ringo is just a nickname. Or, how bout John Paul Richard?

They could get away with naming another son Richard then. Ringo is just a nickname. Or, how bout John Paul Richard?

That would pretty much cover all the Beatles...love it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I want it to be a girl, but I think that it's a boy.

I could see them going with Philip or Arthur for a boy. Philip for Prince Philip, obviously, and Arthur is one of Charles and William's middle names. George and Philip, and George and Arthur, go well together.

In the case that this baby is a girl, I think that Caroline would be a great choice for them to honor Carole Middleton and numerous members of the royal family in the past. There's such a huge age difference that any confusion with Princess Caroline of Monaco will be miniscule. I don't think that they would use Diana in any of the names- there's too much weight associated with the name. A lot for a little girl to live up to!

Whether William and Catherine have a son or daughter, is it necessary that the child's first name be a name that is listed among the Saints of the Anglican Church?

I've never read anywhere that it's a requirement. As members of the British Royal family tend to go for traditional names, especially for their sons, those are almost always saints' names anyway.

If the baby is a girl, I don't see why people cast aside the name Diana for at least her middle name. I would think the names Diana or Frances for her middle name would be a nice pick.

If the baby is a girl, I don't see why people cast aside the name Diana for at least her middle name. I would think the names Diana or Frances for her middle name would be a nice pick.
Frances yes, and if they were just your average blokes I would very much love Diana as a middle-name. But since Diana is such a cult-thing with so much media-fodder I think they will shy away from it for the kid's sake. But if they use it, it will be nice as well and we will get used to it. Just like some people thought him giving the ring was unlucky and gruesome but after a while got used to it and listened to William own words for the choice. So, my guess is they won't use it but if they do, it's not the end of the world.

Frances yes, and if they were just your average blokes I would very much love Diana as a middle-name. But since Diana is such a cult-thing with so much media-fodder I think they will shy away from it for the kid's sake. But if they use it, it will be nice as well and we will get used to it. Just like some people thought him giving the ring was unlucky and gruesome but after a while got used to it and listened to William own words for the choice. So, my guess is they won't use it but if they do, it's not the end of the world.

That's the way I see it, too. :sad: It just has too much recent history. 'Cult-thing' is a good phrase to describe it.

I actually think that William wants to call any daughter Diana as he has issues with his mother.

It was creepy enough that he gave his wife his dead mother's ring rather than actually buy Kate a ring of her own.

Every time anyone sees that ring it is still 'Diana's ring'. It will never be Kate's.

He also wants to recreate Diana in other ways - living at KP and even on the Sandringham estate - where Diana was born and grew up for much of her early life.

I really do think William has 'mummy' issues and a daughter would be a new "Princess Diana" and he would want her to be a new Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom