The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

On consideration I do like the sound of Princess Charlotte. Very elegant.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Or they could just go for Eleonore for a daughter

Old 12-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I am revisiting my girl choice from last time

Charlotte Rose

for a boy, my choice is

Michael Albert

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

although not my first choice for a girl... i do think Charlotte Elizabeth would be a lovely option; in addition to honoring HM - it would be an elegant continuity of the female line

Charlotte Elizabeth; daughter of
Catherine Elizabeth; daughter of
Carole Elizabeth
Old 12-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

I think the couple will pick a name they both like. They may have Diana somewhere in the mix for a daughter or the name may be on hold for Harry's daughter since William got the engagement ring.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Majesty

I like the idea of 'Charlotte' for a girl. That name is not seen too often nowadays. 'Charlotte Elizabeth Frances' has a nice ring to it, and it honors both sides of the baby's family.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

I'm still holding onto the hope for a Victoria or John, just because.

but, I think Prince Michael Philip Charles would be nice or Princess Mary Elizabeth Frances

George was expected by many, though I don't think Alexander was? So maybe they'll put out something unexpected for the new one, much like Mary & Fred did for Isabella.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

For a boy, I would like to see the name of John used somewhere and for a girl, I agree that Charlotte would be lovely. Maybe Edward John Michael or Charlotte Elizabeth Louise.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
I'm still holding onto the hope for a Victoria or John, just because.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
For a boy, I would like to see the name of John used somewhere and for a girl, I agree that Charlotte would be lovely. Maybe Edward John Michael or Charlotte Elizabeth Louise.
I don't think John will be used, as it is unlucky for the BRF. King George V and Queen Mary's youngest son Prince John died when he was thirteen as he had epilepsy, and there was also a Prince Alexander John who died as a baby. I have read that Diana wanted to name William John, but it was vetoed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I like the idea of 'Charlotte' for a girl. That name is not seen too often nowadays. 'Charlotte Elizabeth Frances' has a nice ring to it, and it honors both sides of the baby's family.
Charlotte is actually quite a popular name in the England. It's currently No. 21 in the popularity charts. I like the idea Charlotte in general for a Princess as well – Princess Charlotte of Cambridge sounds wonderful, and I love cepe's suggestion of Charlotte Rose, though I'm probably biased as it's my cousin's name. However, I think William and Catherine will give their second child two middle names like they did with George, perhaps something like Charlotte Amelia Rose or Charlotte Rose Amelia.

Charlotte is also the feminisation of Charles, so it could be another, but more obscure way to honour the Prince of Wales.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Charlotte is actually quite a popular name in the England. It's currently No. 21 in the popularity charts. I like the idea Charlotte in general for a Princess as well – Princess Charlotte of Cambridge sounds wonderful, and I love cepe's suggestion of Charlotte Rose, though I'm probably biased as it's my cousin's name. However, I think William and Catherine will give their second child two middle names like they did with George, perhaps something like Charlotte Amelia Rose or Charlotte Rose Amelia.

Charlotte is also the feminisation of Charles, so it could be another, but more obscure way to honour the Prince of Wales.
Also, but maybe totally out of context: like George, Charlotte is a famous name in a lot of languages, like French, Dutch or German

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

It is also Pippas middle name FWIW.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Or they could just go for Eleonore for a daughter
Or Eleanor. I actually don't think that would be too unlikely – however used it may in the other European royal families. IIRC there were rumours that Eleanor was what Diana wanted to name a daughter (whereas Charles had 'saved' Victoria). George and Eleanor actually sound quite adorable together and Eleanor of Aquitaine would be a terrific namesake.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Nobility

Charlotte, Caroline, Alexandra, Alice, Amelia, Emma or Arabella

Alfred, Alexander, Arthur, or Philip
Old 12-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
Charlotte, Caroline, Alexandra, Alice, Amelia, Emma or Arabella

Alfred, Alexander, Arthur, or Philip
Caroline would be beautiful! It's also feminine version of Charles.
It could honour not only Prince of Wales but also Mrs. Carole Middleton.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually I really like the name Charlotte but seeing as William has a little cousin with that name, I don't think they're going to use it.

I can also see newspaper headings of Bonnie Princess Charlie if they did or just Princess Charlie. I think Grandpa would be over the moon with a little granddaughter named in his honor.

Maybe as a middle name?
Old 12-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The Charlotte cousin is Earl Spencer's youngest child. It doesn't appear that William has much of a relationship with his uncle Charles so the fact that one of his kids is named Charlotte would probably not stop W&K from using the name if they wanted to. Heck, all 3 of George's name are names of William's Spencer cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-29-2014, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm a bit over Charlotte as a name- I've had several friends use it this year and it's one of the trendiest names in use right now.

I would rather something less used. Alice, Adelaide, Amelia or Helena

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

For a Princess: Mary

Mary would be a fitting tribute to the Royal ladies named Mary.
Mary would also be a fitting tribute to Catherine's paternal side of the Middleton.
She has three ancestresses named Mary Middleton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I agree. Not even to mention the fact that HM and Philip named their firstborn Charles well aware of the somewhat unfortunate history of that name. If William and Catherine have to rule out all names who have the slightest negative connotations attached to them, they would barely have any names left to use.
Archduchess Zelia, this is a grand observation.
If Prince William and Catherine have a son and name him John, John shall be his name.
William Arthur and Catherine Elizabeth are the parents.
Hopefully the general public has not forgotten this fact.

For a Princess: Marjorie
Marjorie (1297-1316) was the daughter of King Robert I of Scotland.
She married Walter the Steward.
Their son became King Robert II of Scotland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Princess Joan.
Lady Nimue, Princess Joan is an excellent choice!
Princess Joan, daughter of King John of England became Queen Joan of Scotland from 1221 to 1238.
For a Princess: Emma
Queen Emma (Emma of Normandy) was the mother of King Edward the Confessor.
For a Prince: Edmund Ernest Edwin

For a Princess: Elizabeth Emma Edwina
For a Prince: William Michael Robert
For a Princess: Angela

The Queen Mother was originally Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon.
For a Princess: Adeliza
Adeliza of Louvain was the second Queen Consort of King Henry I.
For a Prince: Augustus Duncan Tristram
For a Prince: Christian Edwin Reynard
For a Prince: Walter could be used as a middle name.
Walter, 6th High Steward of Scotland, was the father of King Robert II of Scotland.
Robert II and Walter are ancestors of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.

For a Princess: Georgiana could be used as a middle name.
Suppose the second child is a daughter.
The first name of the Princess is announced: Eleanor.
We ask: Why was Eleanor chosen?
We speculate and scrutinize: After Queen Eleanor and/or Princess Eleanor.
We ask: Eleanor of Aquitaine, Eleanor of Castile, Eleanor of Provence, Eleanor of Brittany?
Old 12-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I don't think John will be used, as it is unlucky for the BRF. King George V and Queen Mary's youngest son Prince John died when he was thirteen as he had epilepsy, and there was also a Prince Alexander John who died as a baby. I have read that Diana wanted to name William John, but it was vetoed.

I and everyone else who dares to read any "possible names" for a British Royal Child is well aware. Hence my, just because. I don't believe in names being unlucky and somehow, I think if anyone really wanted to name their son John, they would.

I've read a lot of stuff regarding John & Victoria as names and I just don't care anymore.

I would still like to see a John or Victoria.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

I would like Arthur for a boy.
If George had been a girl I would have loved Charlotte in memory of Charlotte, Princess of Wales.
If this one is a girl, I suggest Elinor. I find this spelling, which is used in Sense and Sensibility, very elegant.

Closed Thread