The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

If the baby is a boy no one has indeas for his name! :-D

Old 10-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

There were lots in earlier posts, with Philip and Charles (as a middle name) being front runners!

Old 10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd like it if they went back to many names for the children. Then one name could be chosen for casual use. I guess little George's 3 names is a product of the new simplicity.

I do think it somewhat unfair that the commoner wives are not encouraged to use a name from their side of the family.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

There are not all that many names to choose from, if they want to avoid using the traditional family names already in use. I think that might be the reason why it's funnier to guess girls names. I know I think it is. Currently my boys guesses are Arthur and Philip, that's right about it and you can only talk about two names for so long

There are so many different traditional family girls names that aren't already in use, so I just think it's much more exciting speculate about those.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As we saw with George, they went for something that they just liked. George may be a traditional royal name but he wasn't actually named after anyone in particular, they just liked the name. If he was, the Cambridges aren't saying. I think they will do the same thing with the second child. Charles and Diana did the same. William and Harry were names they liked. The chances of laying a "named after" on any of these names is easy if you look for it but I do not think that was the parent's intent.

I don't think Will and Kate will honor anyone with the name of their child.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember before William was born, his mother reportedly wanted to name him Oliver. Charles was said to have put the kibosh on that and I don't blame him.

I have no insight on how they will name #2. They don't have to tell me if they don't want.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn't it John Diana wanted to named him, after her father? At least that's what I've heard.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

I've never heard that Diana wanted to use 'Oliver' for the son and heir of King Charles iii..

IF she did it is proof of her rather warped sense of humour, and of her low opinion of the institution in which she was [for a time] an important figure...
Old 10-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I said "reportedly." Just because you didn't hear about it does not mean it did not happen.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I remember before William was born, his mother reportedly wanted to name him Oliver. Charles was said to have put the kibosh on that and I don't blame him.

I have no insight on how they will name #2. They don't have to tell me if they don't want.

I remember reading about this in several books. I don't blame Charles for not wanting to name his son 'Oliver'. The name suits a cat, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty, said, "There have been Prince Arthurs in the past and that's a possibility."

King Henry VII's eldest son was Prince Arthur.
Prince Arthur William Patrick Albert, Duke of Connaught was the son of Queen Victoria.
Prince Arthur's son was Prince Arthur Frederick Patrick Albert.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

For a girl: Elizabeth, Mary, Alexandra
For a boy: Albert, Edward,philp
Old 10-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Commoner

A boy: Philip Charles Andrew
A girl: Charlotte Elizabeth Victoria

I wish it's a time for the little princess!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamesess View Post
A boy: Philip Charles Andrew
A girl: Charlotte Elizabeth Victoria

I wish it's a time for the little princess!
I like all the names you have suggested but I think that Andrew is unlikely. If Charles is included then I think they would also include Michael for his other grandfather.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Wasn't it John Diana wanted to named him, after her father? At least that's what I've heard.
That is what I remember. But perhaps someone has a link to 'Oliver'?
Old 10-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
That is what I remember. But perhaps someone has a link to 'Oliver'?

It seemed to have been said in the possible names for George that when she was pregnant with one of her sons, Diana wanted to name him John but had it overruled because of the name's history in the family. Then, with the other son I guess, she wanted to use the name Oliver, but had it overrules because of it's history.

I'm not entirely sure if I believe the Oliver story though. It sounds like one that is made to depict Diana as being a bit... Well, either silly or stupid. Her wanting to name a son John (even as a middle name) makes sense since it has a history in both her family and Charles'.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It has hit me that if they had a girl and named her Mary, it could be a reflection on the children's great great grandparents King George V and Queen Mary.

They could do so much too with selecting a middle name to go with Mary to make it totally unique.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
For a Princess: Constance
Constance Robison Glassborrow is a great-grandmother of Catherine.
That is a very interesting, and good suggestion. I like the name. It has character to it, that's for sure. Perhaps they'll use it as one of the middle names. Personally, I'd love to see their daughter bear this name, but I have a feeling they'll go with something a bit more traditional, and immediate family-oriented.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Alice Elizabeth Mary

Closed Thread