Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see them using Alexander for a first name given that its one of George's middle names. I expect this baby, if it's a boy, to have 3 different names. Frederick James Philip would be a nice way to honor both sides of the family and yet sounds quite traditional for a BRF name.

For a girl, I'm quite partial to Victoria but seeing as this one isn't likely to ever reign, perhaps something like Charlotte is more probable. Charlotte Elizabeth Mary or possibly Frances as the third name would be my guess. I don't think, if it's a girl, that we'll see Diana in there but her middle name could be used.

Frances Alexandra Elisabeth Victoria if it´s a girl; James Edward Philip Henry if it's a boy...

Wow. I'm happy for William and Catherine.

I hope, the will get a daughter: Diana Carole Elizabeth Philippa (or so ) - The names Diana and Carole are coming from the grandmothers. Elizabeth from the queen, Philippa from Catherines sister.

A Boy could be named Charles Michael Philipp James - after Charles (grandfather paternal side), Michael (grandfather maternal side), Philipp (great-grand-father paternal side), James (uncle maternal side).

Possible names for the 2nd child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

I can't see them using Alexander for a first name given that its one of George's middle names. I expect this baby, if it's a boy, to have 3 different names. Frederick James Philip would be a nice way to honor both sides of the family and yet sounds quite traditional for a BRF name.

For a girl, I'm quite partial to Victoria but seeing as this one isn't likely to ever reign, perhaps something like Charlotte is more probable. Charlotte Elizabeth Mary or possibly Frances as the third name would be my guess. I don't think, if it's a girl, that we'll see Diana in there but her middle name could be used.

I agree. I change mind about possible Girl Name: I am going with Elizabeth instead. I forgot about that and their Second child will be born in the Year The Queen becomes the longest Reigning British Monarch. I think Prince William will honor his Grandmother and he sant to do it while she still here. It will also honor his Great Grandmother and it Catherind middle name.

So it is James for Boy and Elizabeth for Girl.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
They wont use James as a first name as the baby is too close in age to William's cousin Viscount Severn. Elizabeth as a Christian name is unlikely too, but definitely a choice for middle name.

It will be a boy I guess... I'd like a girl but since I'm inclined to believe they are gonna have a third child I think this is a boy... just feeling

It will be a boy I guess... I'd like a girl but since I'm inclined to believe they are gonna have a third child I think this is a boy... just feeling

A Second Child is pretty likely to be the same Gender of the First Child. Since William and Catherine First Child was a Boy their Second Child is more likely to be a another Boy then a Girl.

A Second Child is pretty likely to be the same Gender of the First Child. Since William and Catherine First Child was a Boy their Second Child is more likely to be a another Boy then a Girl.

Well its just a feeling... I'm not forming my opinion on facts:lol:

They wont use James as a first name as the baby is too close in age to William's cousin Viscount Severn. Elizabeth as a Christian name is unlikely too, but definitely a choice for middle name.

Not to mention the fact that the baby's maternal uncle is called James. I agree, James is out of the picture as a first name although it would have been lovely with George.

I think the baby will be a girl and Diana will not be included in the names. I've had a feeling for awhile that the name Diana is being left for Harry's daughter. Personally, I think it would be an awful burden for any child who is 2nd in line to the throne to be saddled with the name Princess Diana. But if Harry's daughter is called Diana, the burden is lifted and it just becomes a nice family name.

My guess for the name: Alexandra Carole Louise. If I'm wrong and the Duchess has a boy then the name will be: Michael William Charles.

How does that work exactly?

Wow. I'm happy for William and Catherine.

I hope, the will get a daughter: Diana Carole Elizabeth Philippa (or so ) - The names Diana and Carole are coming from the grandmothers. Elizabeth from the queen, Philippa from Catherines sister.

A Boy could be named Charles Michael Philipp James - after Charles (grandfather paternal side), Michael (grandfather maternal side), Philipp (great-grand-father paternal side), James (uncle maternal side).

I think it will also be a boy, but I wish for a girl. My guesses changed a lot during the last time, still don't like George, sorry, just my opinion, but here goes my first shot at it

Boy: Arthur Phillip David
Phillip James Charles
Oliver Michael Phillip

Girl: Charlotte Elizabeth Mary
Isabella Victoria Frances
Amelia Elizabeth Caroline

Last edited:

Not yet. I know a Family with 5 children: the first-Born is a Boy, the second-born a Girl, then are 2 Boys and at least 1 Girl. The youngst Boy and the youngest Girl are twins.

-

What names will Catherine give to her children, if she became twins or triplets ?

Not yet. I know a Family with 5 children: the first-Born is a Boy, the second-born a Girl, then are 2 Boys and at least 1 Girl. The youngst Boy and the youngest Girl are twins.

-

What names will Catherine give to her children, if she became twins or triplets ?

I didn't say it was scientific fact just hat it more likely. You can look back at the history of the royal family over the last 300 years for example.

I would love a Prince Arthur or a Princess Charlotte. Still need to think about middle names.

If it is a girl I really hope they don't use Diana.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'd like a Prince Phillip or a Princess Charlotte with either Diana or Frances as a middle name

I didn't say it was scientific fact just hat it more likely. You can look back at the history of the royal family over the last 300 years for example.

Some friends of mine had first a Girl, then a Boy.

What did you say now ? ;)

For example Queen Victoria (1818-1901). With her husband Albert, she had 9 children: Victoria (1840-1901, died after her mother), Albert Edward (1841-1910), known as Edward VII. etc.

-

Diana should be used as a middle name, after the paternal grandmother.

The royals are very traditional, about names.

For a boy, I've always loved Arthur, Alexander, Jonathan and Nicholas.

For a girl, I'd love it if they named her Charlotte or Caroline but since those names are so strongly attached to the Grimaldi's, I don't see that happen. I also like Marion, Adele, Alicia, Alexis, Daphne, Helena, Emilia, Emily, Florence, Genevieve, Irene, Isolde and a bunch of other names. Please no Victoria, Alexandra or Elizabeth. It's predictable and we all know Diana is off limits.

And they should stay clear from all the variations of Amelie and Eleonor. Overdone.

Prince Albert of Cambridge for a boy and Princess Elizabeth of Cambridge for a girl.

If it is a boy, then I believe they'll follow the tradition of including Albert as one of the names.

I would go for Arthur or Phillip when it is a boy.
For I girl, I would really love Victoria or Mary.

I don't think they will use Diana as a second or third name for a girl, but Frances is a good option too.

I really can't choose if it's going to be a boy or a girl. I'll wait till we see her pregnant with belly and stuff.
I really think they will have a third baby, so hopefully they will have at least one boy and one girl.

Oh and I like Adelaide a lot which is traditional but not overdone

Princess Adelaide Elizabeth Diana would be quite nice.

I'm hoping that this second baby is a girl! I'm assuming they'll go with three names, like they did with George, and the first name will probably be traditional or a family name while the others may be names that both parents like.

Girl: Caroline as a first name. It's a royal name and it honors Carole Middleton. I would be surprised if they used Diana at all. It has a lot of weight to it. Perhaps Caroline Amelia, or Caroline Elizabeth. Not sure about a third name!

Boy: Phillip, Arthur, Richard, or David. They may be more creative since he's not the heir to the throne, so we could also see a traditional but "trendy" name.

Whenever I think of royal baby names I always think of regnal numbers. Even though George will hopefully become the monarch it is always a possibility that a sibling could become the monarch and it also feels appropriate to name a royal baby after a previous monarch.

It seems like Kate and Wills want to go with the safe option, with George being a safe name as it doesn't clash with the English or Scottish regnal numbers, as there have only been Georges after England and Scotland united. The only other two 'safe' boys names are Charles (as there have only been Charleses after the union as well) and John (there's been one King John in both Scotland and England, pre-union). If not, then maybe it would appropriate to give a boy a Scottish name to honour the Scots given the current situation in Scotland.

So… my idea for a boy is:

John Henry Francis

I think John is good because Jack is a diminutive of John so he could be known as Prince Jack (like how Prince Harry is actually called Prince Henry). Henry is to honour his brother and Francis is Kate's father, which is also appropriate as Diana's middle name was Frances. I think if he is called Henry, then Harry will be a godfather as it's traditional to name the child after its godparents.

And for a girl the 'safe' options are Victoria, Anne and Mary. Likewise, if one wanted to honour the Scots, the only other Scottish Queen (in her own right) was Margaret.

My idea for a girl is:

Victoria Elizabeth Diana

Victoria was such a well remembered and popular monarch it seems like a good choice. It also seems almost disrespectful not to a name a girl Elizabeth when the Queen is still alive. Elizabeth is also the middle name of both Kate and her mother. The reason for Diana is obvious and it seems like fitting tribute.

…I think I spend too much time thinking about this...

I'm hoping for a little Princess Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline of Cambridge, which was my prediction for George but we got a little Prince instead. For girls I also like:

Mary Elizabeth Catherine Victoria
Helena Louise Catherine Alberta (could be a nice twist on Albert)
Sophia Charlotte Rose Amelia

Arthur Richard Philip Leopold
Frederick Albert Charles Michael
Edmund Patrick James Francis (I think Edmund would be an interesting twist on Edward, and a first for the RF?)

For a boy, I've always loved Arthur, Alexander, Jonathan and Nicholas.

For a girl, I'd love it if they named her Charlotte or Caroline but since those names are so strongly attached to the Grimaldi's, I don't see that happen. I also like Marion, Adele, Alicia, Alexis, Daphne, Helena, Emilia, Emily, Florence, Genevieve, Irene, Isolde and a bunch of other names. Please no Victoria, Alexandra or Elizabeth. It's predictable and we all know Diana is off limits.

And they should stay clear from all the variations of Amelie and Eleonor. Overdone.

Whilst I adore the idea of a Queen Isolde, I doubt that it will be chosen. From your suggestions, I think Helena, Charlotte and Caroline are the most likely. I think if they chose Adele or Emilia, they would most likely be spelt Adela or Amelia. I would love it if Adela could be revived, it's an elegant name and has connections with the BRF already (albeit long ago) as there was an Adela of Normandy, who was also known as Adela of England, in medieval times. Jonathan is a nice name too, but I doubt it will be considered or chosen as it has the "John" sound, which is an unlucky name for the royals due to Prince John, as well as Prince Alexander John, who both died young.

Last edited:
Some friends of mine had first a Girl, then a Boy.

What did you say now ? ;)

For example Queen Victoria (1818-1901). With her husband Albert, she had 9 children: Victoria (1840-1901, died after her mother), Albert Edward (1841-1910), known as Edward VII. etc.

-

Diana should be used as a middle name, after the paternal grandmother.

The royals are very traditional, about names.
I will believe till the baby is born that it will be a girl, maybe it's just a wishfull thinking;)
My mom had a boy first and I came in second and I'm a girl (as it did happen with my parents, my dad first then my aunt. My mom first then my uncle was born, and the same with my cousins). I guess my family tree is almost 100% of non repeat gender.

Queen Elizabeth II also had a boy first, then a girl, the same with the Princess Royal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom