The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

I was convinced their first baby would be a boy named George. And that he would be born July 22, the day Venus passed the star Regulus. When everything came true I was shocked. I certainly don't believe in psychics but I do believe in luck.
I won't ever be that lucky again with the second baby, so I won't bother with any grand guesses. So I'll just discuss royal names I like.

boy- Fredrick, Philip, Leopold or Arthur
girl- Matilda, Charlotte, or Alice

Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenei View Post
I would love to see Mary Elizabeth Victoria.
I have a very strong feeling that they'll go with something simple like Mary for the first name that will be solely associated with the wee princess. Mary is great for pairing with a second name such as you suggested, Elizabeth.

I kind of like Mary Alice myself.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have a very strong feeling that they'll go with something simple like Mary for the first name that will be solely associated with the wee princess. Mary is great for pairing with a second name such as you suggested, Elizabeth.

I kind of like Mary Alice myself.
I hope they don't use 'Mary' as a first name. It's a bit too plain. It would be good for one of the middle names though.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Royal Highness

After much consideration I think a little princess will be Victoria Elizabeth Caroline Frances
Old 10-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I was convinced their first baby would be a boy named George. And that he would be born July 22, the day Venus passed the star Regulus. When everything came true I was shocked. I certainly don't believe in psychics but I do believe in luck.
I won't ever be that lucky again with the second baby, so I won't bother with any grand guesses. So I'll just discuss royal names I like.

boy- Fredrick, Philip, Leopold or Arthur
girl- Matilda, Charlotte, or Alice
Give us the grand guess, it would be fun to see if you get it right again.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Gentry

Here's my guess:

Prince Philip Michael Charles

Princess Alice Elizabeth Carlotta, or
Princess Alice Elizabeth Frances

Old 10-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

If a boy, Prince Philip, though they will likely have a second name they use for regular every-day use. I'm not keen on the name Philip, just think it's a name that will show up. I think Prince Alexander would be attractive.

For a girl I am partial to Princess Mary. Very sweet. Elizabeth is likely to show up but I hope not as the first name.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Give us the grand guess, it would be fun to see if you get it right again.
Seriously, the first time around I just got lucky. I picked a boy to spite the media that was demanding a girl(Queen Diana!). Then I picked George because it was the only King name not currently in use in the BRF, excluding John of course. Then I picked July 22 for the Venus/Regulus/full moon connection. It was just happenstance that everything fell my way. Though, I was bitter that I didn't place a monetary bet.

This new baby doesn't matter gender-wise, the media won't get the Queen Diana they wanted. Picking a name is 20 times harder now because the couple aren't limited to names of past monarchs. And I can't even guess a whimsical due date based on astrology because they haven't released their due month. I'd be grasping blind here.

So my grand guess isn't grand at all. If they have another boy, and the DoE predeceases the birth, they will name the baby Prince Philip. Hardly earth shattering...
Old 10-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Seriously, the first time around I just got lucky. I picked a boy to spite the media that was demanding a girl(Queen Diana!). Then I picked George because it was the only King name not currently in use in the BRF, excluding John of course. Then I picked July 22 for the Venus/Regulus/full moon connection. It was just happenstance that everything fell my way. Though, I was bitter that I didn't place a monetary bet.
Ah, yes, I can relate, being a betting woman as I am.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:43 AM
Royal Highness

George it is rumored to be named after his father's maternal male first cousins.
George Alexander Louis
George: Sarah's son
Alexander: Jane's son
Louis: Charles' son

If this is the case, maybe if it is a girl they will name it after Catherine's female first cousins.

Does anyone have any knowledge of Catherine's cousins both male & female?

The best I could come up with is the uncles.
Richard Simon Nicholas but if they use those names for a second son, I think it will be Nicholas Richard Simon or Nicholas Simon Richard.

Peerage only lists Richard Middleton with a son Adam.

If no girls on Catherine's side maybe they will use.
Emily Laura Kitty (William's maternal first cousins)
Elizabeth Cynthia Diana (His maternal aunts & his mother's name.)
Old 10-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
George it is rumored to be named after his father's maternal male first cousins.
George Alexander Louis
George: Sarah's son
Alexander: Jane's son
Louis: Charles' son
Afaik, this was indeed rumoured but the rumour was started by Diana-fans on the internet who still think she is all that matters in their children's lives... sorry to be so harsh, but this is the problems with rumours is once they are started they never go away anymore...
Old 10-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Afaik, this was indeed rumoured but the rumour was started by Diana-fans on the internet who still think she is all that matters in their children's lives... sorry to be so harsh, but this is the problems with rumours is once they are started they never go away anymore...
They will latch onto anything!

George - Regnal name of William's great grandfather and of 5 other kings
Alexander - The Duke of Gloucester's son is Alexander, Earl of Ulster and is a contemporary of Prince William
Louis - Part of Williams own name and honours Lord Mountbatten.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

I am no way a Diana fan but I can clearly see the link.

George's first name is the name of the son of his mother's first sibling.
Alexander is George's second name and the name of the son of his mother's second sibling.
Louis is George's third name and the name of the son of his mother's third sibling.

William and Catherine did not actually state why they chose the name. They may have liked the name and in addition wanted to honor his mother by using the names of member of her side of the family. The fact that they correspond to names with a royal connection was a plus.

The order of his mother's sibling matches the order of George's name is too much of a coincidence to be lightly dismissed.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

You can also argue George is for George VI - the Queen's beloved father and one of Charles's names. Alexander is the male version of Alexandria which is one of the Queen's middle names. Louis is one of William's names and the late Lord Mountbatten's name.

Also the only side of the Spencer family that William is close to is Aunt Sarah. Other than attending 2 weddings of Laura Fellows and Emily McCorquodale, we never see him with his Spencer cousins. He actually missed Alexander Fellowes wedding which Harry went to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

George has been used 22 times in the BRF since 1714. Its a beautiful Hanoverian name.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
After much consideration I think a little princess will be Victoria Elizabeth Caroline Frances
I think all of these names are quite possible. However, if it's a girl, I will bet that Diana is in there somewhere.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Charlene will deliver 4-5 months before Catherine and it is possible that the choices Albert & Charlene use to name their babies may have an effect on the name/s William & Catherine choose to name their infant/s.

Although Monaco is French speaking, it does not mean their children will have “French” names. Both Albert & Charlene have “English” named family members.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
They will latch onto anything!

George - Regnal name of William's great grandfather and of 5 other kings
Alexander - The Duke of Gloucester's son is Alexander, Earl of Ulster and is a contemporary of Prince William
Louis - Part of Williams own name and honours Lord Mountbatten.
And plenty of people said Alexander was a way to honor the Queen since one of her middle name is Alexandra
Old 10-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Courtier

I doubt what Charlene name her kids would affect what Kate name hers
Old 10-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I doubt what Charlene name her kids would affect what Kate name hers

It might; I've thought that it would be unlikely for them to name a daughter Eleanor, even though it has been the name of several queens.

(Simply because so many young royals in Europe currently have variations of that name).

Closed Thread