Possible Names for the 2nd Child of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say the Baby will be a Girl. I will also say that this little Girl we will meet will be the Daughter of a King and will be named Princess Royal. I say they will choose traditional names and honor the last two Princess Royal's. She will be Mary Anne Catherine and Catherine will honor her mother. I thought about using Catherine middle name but I see Elizabeth being used for a first daughter who is being born as a future Queen.

Mary Elizabeth Frances for a girl.

Edward Michael Phillip for a boy.

If it's a girl, I would if her name was Henrietta. There was a Queen Henrietta of the UK in the 17th century.

I say the Baby will be a Girl.

I say so, too. :flowers: I have a hunch this child is a girl from something I saw in a photograph (but I wouldn't bet on it). I think Princess Mary would be a lovely name, if a girl - or Princess Alice, or Princess Mary Alice (though Princess Elizabeth is a very strong possibility imo). For a boy, Prince Henry or Prince James.

Last edited:
It would be so nice if they used Henry for a boy – Harry is barely using that beautiful, regal name anyway so it's not like people would mix them up or anything. I'm sure Harry would be thrilled as well.

I think Elizabeth Frances Mary.... But they will call her Mary

I remember before William was born, his mother reportedly wanted to name him Oliver. Charles was said to have put the kibosh on that.

That was a story made up by the tabloids. I never believed it because Diana was a born aristocrat and very aware of the meaning of names. No royal would name a child "Oliver." It's just not done. "King Oliver"?? Come on!!

Actually, I think she wanted to name him John, after her father for one thing, but John is a "bad luck" name to BRF. Prince John was a son of Queen Mary and George V, who had a disability and was, was removed from everyday life with his family and died young.

:previous:

There was also Prince Alexander John, youngest son of Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, who died the day after his birth.

Didn't Diana say in the Morton biography that William and Harry were here choice and that Charles wanted Albert and Arthur?

Didn't Diana say in the Morton biography that William and Harry were here choice and that Charles wanted Albert and Arthur?

That makes more sense since both those names are the middle names of the boys- William Arthur Philip Louis and Henry Charles Albert David.

If it's a girl, Elizabeth has to be there as one of the names especially if she is born near the Queen's birthday of April 21. That hits both sides of the family since its Kate's middle name too.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree that, if this baby is a girl, Elizabeth will be there somewhere... I have the feeling that even Charlotte mught be used...

I think they'll have a boy.

Philip Henry David/Michael

For a girl:

Charlotte Elizabeth Victoria

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

For a girl Alice Elisabeth Victoria. Altought, I think Charlotte might be one of the names too.

For a boy Philipp Charles Henry

Diana will almost certainly be in there to placate people.

Victoria Elisabeth Diana
Eleanor Elisabeth Diana

Arthur Charles Michael

I think that if there is any Spencer connection in the name it will be Frances which is the name of Diana's
mother and her own middle name. That way there is a nod to Diana.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Whatever else, she was his mother and he loved her. Choosing to give his first daughter her name as a middle name makes him no different than any other millions of sons around the world who have lost a parent.

I don't think that William and Catherine will use "Diana" for their children. I guess that Harry will name one of his children Diana.

I don't think that William and Catherine will use "Diana" for their children. I guess that Harry will name one of his children Diana.

I don't think we're going to see this baby named after anyone. I think they will pick a name that will totally unique to their child and because they like the name as in what happened with George.

I still think they will pick something simple yet meaningful to the royal family such as Mary or Albert but will steer away from any kind of association to persons living or dead in recent times.

On consideration I do like the sound of Princess Charlotte. Very elegant. :flowers:

Or they could just go for Eleonore for a daughter:whistling:

I am revisiting my girl choice from last time

Charlotte Rose

for a boy, my choice is

Michael Albert

although not my first choice for a girl... i do think Charlotte Elizabeth would be a lovely option; in addition to honoring HM - it would be an elegant continuity of the female line

Charlotte Elizabeth; daughter of
Catherine Elizabeth; daughter of
Carole Elizabeth

I think the couple will pick a name they both like. They may have Diana somewhere in the mix for a daughter or the name may be on hold for Harry's daughter since William got the engagement ring.

I like the idea of 'Charlotte' for a girl. That name is not seen too often nowadays. 'Charlotte Elizabeth Frances' has a nice ring to it, and it honors both sides of the baby's family.

I'm still holding onto the hope for a Victoria or John, just because.

but, I think Prince Michael Philip Charles would be nice or Princess Mary Elizabeth Frances

George was expected by many, though I don't think Alexander was? So maybe they'll put out something unexpected for the new one, much like Mary & Fred did for Isabella.

For a boy, I would like to see the name of John used somewhere and for a girl, I agree that Charlotte would be lovely. Maybe Edward John Michael or Charlotte Elizabeth Louise.

I'm still holding onto the hope for a Victoria or John, just because.

For a boy, I would like to see the name of John used somewhere and for a girl, I agree that Charlotte would be lovely. Maybe Edward John Michael or Charlotte Elizabeth Louise.

I don't think John will be used, as it is unlucky for the BRF. King George V and Queen Mary's youngest son Prince John died when he was thirteen as he had epilepsy, and there was also a Prince Alexander John who died as a baby. I have read that Diana wanted to name William John, but it was vetoed.

I like the idea of 'Charlotte' for a girl. That name is not seen too often nowadays. 'Charlotte Elizabeth Frances' has a nice ring to it, and it honors both sides of the baby's family.

Charlotte is actually quite a popular name in the England. It's currently No. 21 in the popularity charts. :flowers: I like the idea Charlotte in general for a Princess as well – Princess Charlotte of Cambridge sounds wonderful, and I love cepe's suggestion of Charlotte Rose, though I'm probably biased as it's my cousin's name. However, I think William and Catherine will give their second child two middle names like they did with George, perhaps something like Charlotte Amelia Rose or Charlotte Rose Amelia.

Charlotte is also the feminisation of Charles, so it could be another, but more obscure way to honour the Prince of Wales.

Charlotte is actually quite a popular name in the England. It's currently No. 21 in the popularity charts. :flowers: I like the idea Charlotte in general for a Princess as well – Princess Charlotte of Cambridge sounds wonderful, and I love cepe's suggestion of Charlotte Rose, though I'm probably biased as it's my cousin's name. However, I think William and Catherine will give their second child two middle names like they did with George, perhaps something like Charlotte Amelia Rose or Charlotte Rose Amelia.

Charlotte is also the feminisation of Charles, so it could be another, but more obscure way to honour the Prince of Wales.

Also, but maybe totally out of context: like George, Charlotte is a famous name in a lot of languages, like French, Dutch or German :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom