Poll : Kate & William's First Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of William and Catherine's 1st baby?

• A boy

Votes: 67 26.5%
  • A girl

Votes: 109 43.1%
  • Twins - a boy and a girl

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Twin boys

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Twin girls

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will have a long neck, long eyelashes, unique spots, and always be very graceful. :cool:

:D Um... Gracie... did you mistake the mirror for a crystal ball again?

Then again... you just might be spot on.

<ducks and runs for cover>

:D Um... Gracie... did you mistake the mirror for a crystal ball again?

Then again... you just might be spot on.

<ducks and runs for cover>

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I think she is having girl also

If she does have a girl, the name 'Michaela' is popular name now and is also fancy enough to be considered 'royal.' Michaela Charlotte Mary Victoria or Michaela Diana Caroline Elizabeth.Just a thought.

If she does have a girl, the name 'Michaela' is popular name now and is also fancy enough to be considered 'royal.' Michaela Charlotte Mary Victoria or Michaela Diana Caroline Elizabeth.Just a thought.
I'm thinking Victoria as the first name. Diana as a middle name:flowers:

Last edited:
It is a Princess! Princess Elizabeth-D-Kat; remember the wise words of our Ancestors : "A Cat can have as many as nine Lives, yet none of the lives are apparent to Earth Survivors! A yellow blanket a smile, the loss of a life as another Life is given? It all spells-out/ this : The Cat is out of the Bag!

I'm thinking Victoria as the first name. Diana as a middle name:flowers:

No I do not think they will choose Victoria as the first name. There is already a future Queen Victoria of Sweden. I think they will choose another first name.

No I do not think they will choose Victoria as the first name. There is already a future Queen Victoria of Sweden. I think they will choose another first name.

A future queen that will probably be in her 70s when this child reigns. If they like a name, they should choose it.

Why should William and Catherine care at all what a future Swedish queen is named? Victoria of Sweden is virtually unknown in the UK so it certainly would not be an issue for the British people and I doubt on the world scene if the 2 would ever be confused. One will be world famous from the moment of birth, the other is already an unknown.

I find it amazing that most of us lean towards girl, and discuss girls' names so knowingly - myself included. ;)

It's true that we all get intuitive feelings about the sex of an baby. I remember most royal watchers I followed felt strongly that Victoria of Sweden would have a boy, and boy were we all wrong. Most of the time, however, I find that people tend to be right.

Does this intuition that Kate is having a girl spring from true intuition, or a colored intuition because it's thought that more morning sickness means more pregnancy hormones, which indicates a female fetus? Or is it all this discussion about the changes in succession laws giving girls' equal rights? I suppose we will only be able to answer this come June or July.

Or is is because girls' names are just so much more fun? If you look at lists of British princes, there's not much choice. Even in the non-royal world, traditional boys' names pretty much stay the same while girls' names have more variety.

I want it to be a boy, way too many future Queens around.

^^^^^
I suspect it is because of the proposed changes in succession legislation mean that if a girl comes first she would become monarch. There is also a bit more leeway in chosing a girls name for a monarch since we have had so few Queens Regnant.
Personally I am hoping for a future King.

It's not a question of "wanting" it to be a boy or a girl - that die is cast. It's the intuitive feeling one gets when hearing so and so is pregnant and seeing her, etc. But I do think it's the proposed change in succession laws that makes people subconsciously gravitate towards thinking it is a girl.

A future queen that will probably be in her 70s when this child reigns. If they like a name, they should choose it.

I also agree with your latter statement, but l believe HM QEII has the final say on the name of the future prince/ss. Does anyone know that for a fact?

^^^^^
I suspect it is because of the proposed changes in succession legislation mean that if a girl comes first she would become monarch. There is also a bit more leeway in chosing a girls name for a monarch since we have had so few Queens Regnant.
Personally I am hoping for a future King.

You will get your wish for a king with the ascensions of both TRH Princes Charles and William each as King of GB and the United Kingdom. After two kings in a row, it will be time for a new Queen in her own right.

I also agree with your latter statement, but l believe HM QEII has the final say on the name of the future prince/ss. Does anyone know that for a fact?

That's a great point, NotHRH, and I am fairly certain that she does. George V would not allow Margaret Rose to be named "Ann" simply because he did not care for the name. The Queen allegedly nixed "Annabel" for Beatrice because she thought it too yuppy. The Regent George Prince of Wales would not allow the infant Alexandrina Victoria to be christened "Georgiana" or "Elizabeth" because he was a jerk.

I think it a fine line for a sovereign to walk. If the name is suitable, a sovereign should not nix it due to personal preference.

Why should William and Catherine care at all what a future Swedish queen is named? Victoria of Sweden is virtually unknown in the UK so it certainly would not be an issue for the British people and I doubt on the world scene if the 2 would ever be confused. One will be world famous from the moment of birth, the other is already an unknown.

How very American in sentiment.... ;)

You will get your wish for a king with the ascensions of both TRH Princes Charles and William each as King of GB and the United Kingdom. After two kings in a row, it will be time for a new Queen in her own right.

I'm pretty sure NGalitzine realises that both Charles and William are males, however she wishes for the child to be a future King not Queen. Great Britain is in the United Kingdom, they are not two separate places. There can be a Queen in her own right, we have one now. I presume you mean the whole succesion stuff.

The poster in question is not from America, her location clearly states Canada and the UK. Your geograhy is off.

Nobody knows that for fact. IMO A name is suitable if it doesn't sound stupid after the word Prince or Princess. The Queen shouldn't have to educate her grandchildren on common sense.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure NGalitzine realises that both Charles and William are males, however she wishes for the child to be a future King not Queen. Great Britain is in the United Kingdom, they are not two separate places. There can be a Queen in her own right, we have one now. I presume you mean the whole succesion stuff.

The poster in question is not from America, her location clearly states Canada and the UK. Your geograhy is off.

Nobody knows that for fact. IMO A name is suitable if it doesn't sound stupid after the word Prince or Princess. The Queen shouldn't have to educate her grandchildren on common sense.[/QUOT

Actually Great Britain is England, Scotland, and Wales, while the United Kingdom includes 33 realms, such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all of GB. I have read that HM has the last say about the names of prince/ss. Even though I do not believe common sense has anything to do with naming the unborn prince/ss the D/DoCa I am sure have enough common sense to suggest an appropriate name for their newborn.Thanx for your opinion though.

Just to throw some peas into the pot. I do believe our NGalitzine is a HE. :D If we really want to nitpick, actually Canada is part of the Americas. North America to be precise. Just teasin ya a bit there Lumut as I had to look it up myself. :whistling:

Although I do believe its the parents final choice of what their sons and daughters are named, within the family I'm sure the feel they owe the respect to HM to ask her advice on the names that they've selected.

As for there already being a Victoria in Sweden that will become Queen, I have to agree with NGalitzine on that it wouldn't matter in the UK if the Cambridge daughter was named Victoria. Most would associate the name with their own Queen Victoria rather than Victoria of Sweden although I do think she is more well know than he stated. Its interesting to note too that CP Victoria of Sweden is the great-great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria of the UK also.

Last edited:
Actually Great Britain is England, Scotland, and Wales, while the United Kingdom includes 33 realms, such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all of GB. I have read that HM has the last say about the names of prince/ss. Even though I do not believe common sense has anything to do with naming the unborn prince/ss the D/DoCa I am sure have enough common sense to suggest an appropriate name for their newborn.Thanx for your opinion though.

Actually......no. Great Britain is the big island which includes England, Scotland, and Wales, and, for political purposes, all the little islands near it which form part of England, Scotland, and Wales. The United Kingdom is Great Britain plus Northern Island. The realms are not part of the United Kingdom. If we were, it would be a helluva lot easier to travel there and live and work there than it is for us now.

As for the baby/babies, I'm hoping for a girl, or twin girls for a bit of sport. :D

Last edited:
Actually......no. Great Britain is the big island which includes England, Scotland, and Wales, and, for political purposes, all the little islands near it which form part of England, Scotland, and Wales. The United Kingdom is Great Britain plus Northern Island. The realms are not part of the United Kingdom. If we were, it would be a helluva lot easier to travel there and live and work there than it is for us now.

As for the baby/babies, I'm hoping for a girl, or twin girls for a bit of sport. :D

The United Kingdom includes GB, Northern Ireland, and 14 commonwealth realms.
If she has twins, the elder of the duo will be the future monarch anyway, so whether she is with one child or twins, it matters not.

Canadians, as a general rule, do NOT like to be called 'Americans,' according to my former Canadian boss. They consider it almost to be an insult. Just for the record.:)

Canadians, as a general rule, do NOT like to be called 'Americans,' according to my former Canadian boss. They consider it almost to be an insult. Just for the record.:)

Oh I would agree with you there. Usually when one hears "American" they picture one from the USA. I was just stating that geographically Canada is considered a part of North America.

Anyhoo...interesting class in geography but not much to do with Baby Cambridge's gender guessing. :D

Nobody knows that for fact. IMO A name is suitable if it doesn't sound stupid after the word Prince or Princess. The Queen shouldn't have to educate her grandchildren on common sense.[/QUOT

I am quite aware of what makes up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and I can assure you that Canada, Australia and New Zealand are not part of it. You are confusing the UK with the Commonwealth.

For the record I am male,

Lumutqueen, You should do some fact checking before commenting

Last edited:

How did my sentiment in favour of a future King become American? I am a Brit who divides their time for work purposes between the UK and Canada, neither of which are part of the US.

<capproaches the podium... taps the microphone.. and says "is this thing on?"

CLASS DISMISSED FOR RECESS! Cookies and milk are being served on the playground for all good boys and girls.

Hadda do it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom