Poll : Kate & William's First Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of William and Catherine's 1st baby?

• A boy

Votes: 67 26.5%
  • A girl

Votes: 109 43.1%
  • Twins - a boy and a girl

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Twin boys

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Twin girls

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Diana? Really?
Poor child is all I say, think of all the endless comparisons to Princess Diana the 'little new Diana' would face. I'm sure William and Catherine will honour Diana by giving a daughter her name as a middle name, but as a first name ... for the sake of the kid, I really hope they don't.

Wouldn't they announce if she was carrying twins? The DRF did when Mary was pregnant with Vincent and Josephine.
I'm sure she's not expecting twins. In SJP statemenet they referred as a baby, ONE BABY see:
"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.
The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.
The Duchess was admitted this afternoon to King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. As the pregnancy is in its very early stages, Her Royal Highness is expected to stay in hospital for several days and will require a period of rest thereafter. " if she was carrying twins would do the same the DRF did

I'm just hoping for a healthy baby and mother and I'm probably in the minority by not wanting nor believing we need to know all the details of the pregnancy. Sometimes, a bit of mystery or secrecy is nice.

When do ultrasounds typically show two heart beats? That all depend whether or not she had an ultrasounds before they wrote that press release and whether it was able to pick up a second heart beat this early.

They might release more information about the due date when she's 12 weeks.

Queen Diana? Really?
Poor child is all I say, think of all the endless comparisons to Princess Diana the 'little new Diana' would face. I'm sure William and Catherine will honour Diana by giving a daughter her name as a middle name, but as a first name ... for the sake of the kid, I really hope they don't.

well, we have to wait untill the baby born, I only said that the quen grandaughthers have they grandmother's names, I the another post I forgotten savannah and isla

When do ultrasounds typically show two heart beats? That all depend whether or not she had an ultrasounds before they wrote that press release and whether it was able to pick up a second heart beat this early.

You can already see the baby's heartbeat when you are 5 weeks along (and the foetus is just 5 mm long at that point, quite amazing!).

I expect they release more information maybe at Christmas when she will be 12 weeks

well, we have to wait untill the baby born, I only said that the quen grandaughthers have they grandmother's names, I the another post I forgotten savannah and isla
Probably it won't be her first name, but could be a middle name. and I don't see any problem with that too:flowers: I think it would be a lovely tribute

Here in the Netherland you have the first one around 10 weeks and the next around 12 weeks. The difference in growth is used to calculate the exact due-date.
After that we have the 20-week check-up, during which you can find out the gender. They don't look for gender earlier.
In case of earlier miscarriages or if you are not sure that everything is fine (bleeding, cramps), as in my case, you can ask for an earlier scan.

Probably it won't be her first name, but could be a middle name. and I don't see any problem with that too:flowers: I think it would be a lovely tribute

you're absolutly rigth! I don't care if the first name or not, but named diana to william's daughter will be the most loverly tribute, like give to kate the ring:flowers:

you're absolutly rigth! I don't care if the first name or not, but named diana to william's daughter will be the most loverly tribute, like give to kate the ring:flowers:
exactly! :flowers: I think the same

Queen Diana? Really?

Yes, that's pretty much what I meant by saying, not Diana.

I really hope it's a girl! Not only are girl names nicer, but also the royal family needs princesses. The queen has only one daughter, the Prince of Wales no daughters, and the only princesses are the daughters of the Duke of York, and their cousin isn't titled princess.

I really hope it's a girl! Not only are girl names nicer, but also the royal family needs princesses. The queen has only one daughter, the Prince of Wales no daughters, and the only princesses are the daughters of the Duke of York, and their cousin isn't titled princess.
I do think so :flowers: It's time for a little princess. The Prince of Wales always wished to have a daughter, so now it's time to have a granddaughter:p

^yes i agree! he will spoil so much his granddaughter, of course, if its a girl! but even if its a boy, theres always next time! Catherine is young and loves children, she will want to have more children im sure^^

I think he will be so happy to have a granddaughter!

Nobody's going to release ultrasound pictures, nobody's going to release a due date or information and if it's twins it'll be up to Catherine and William if they wish to tell the public or not. No matter what SJP releases it will all be cleared through them I imagine.

Catherine was less than 12 weeks when admitted at the start of December. From what I know you have a 12 week scan to check everything is okay, then you have a second scan between 18-22 weeks when you can know the sex of the baby.

Nobody's going to release ultrasound pictures, nobody's going to release a due date or information and if it's twins it'll be up to Catherine and William if they wish to tell the public or not. No matter what SJP releases it will all be cleared through them I imagine.

Catherine was less than 12 weeks when admitted at the start of December. From what I know you have a 12 week scan to check everything is okay, then you have a second scan between 18-22 weeks when you can know the sex of the baby.

I had my first scan when I was around 11 weeks in both my pregnancies and the doctor told me I was having girls. Although she was not sure:flowers: but it was confirmed lately

I don't think they will release ultrasoud pictures but I think they are not expecting twins. if they were I think they had already told us:flowers:

Not necessarily, there is the vanishing twin syndrome in the 1st trimester

BTW, in terms of speculating on the due date, here in the US, the first trimester goes to 14 weeks, not 12. You count from the first day of the cycle, which of course, more than likely is not when the child was conceived.

I think it will have a long neck, long eyelashes, unique spots, and always be very graceful. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom