Poll : Kate & William's First Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of William and Catherine's 1st baby?

• A boy

Votes: 67 26.5%
  • A girl

Votes: 109 43.1%
  • Twins - a boy and a girl

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Twin boys

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Twin girls

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the old wives' tale about how the mother looks? Because Kate has never looked so beautiful.
Just looked it up.
A girl steals it's mother's beauty, it's a boy!

And about the sickness? When the mother is really sick like Kate the baby is a girl. And if the mother suffered with hyperemesis and went hospitalized, she is more likely to have a girl than a boy. And there are a lot of studies that comprove that :p I had Hyperemsis with both my daughters, and it was awful!! I went hospitalized during my first pregnancy :eek: I remember my mother predicted the sex of my daughters because I vomited a lot;) So: A Royal Baby Girl is on the way!!

I think it is a boy, since both Duke and Duchess wore Blue today! LOL:)
But I heard that no sooner than in the 14th week of pregnancy a sex of the baby is possible to discern, and Catherine is less than 14 weeks still.

But I heard that no sooner than in the 14th week of pregnancy a sex of the baby is possible to discern, and Catherine is less than 14 weeks still.
Yes, it doesn't make sense! they don't even know the baby's gender! It will be a little princess

I'm thinking it'll be a girl too, but it doesn't really matter as long as the baby's healthy. I don't, however, care for all the different ways to "predict" the sex of the baby. When expecting, my cousins bump was low and she looked as beautiful as always - and she ended up giving birth to a sweet baby girl. So those sayings are just plain coincidences IMO.

I hope she has a boy. I'm old fashioned and do not like the absolute primogeniture thing. I prefer male preference primogeniture.

Just for my own curiosity, why is it you feel women are inferior to men in this regard? You clearly think women are not fit to rule *unless* there is no son to take their place. Never thought I'd hear such antiquated musings in the 21st century.

In any event, my vote is for a girl. It would be interesting to see what they do with the title "Prince of Wales" in that event. Will they abolish the title since it's not gender neutral, or will new Letters Patent create a "Princess of Wales" title if the heir apparent is female? I know Elizabeth I was once called "Princess of Wales" but is there any more modern examples of female heirs being given that title?

here is a name combo..Elizabeth Frances Katherine Willia
if they have a daughter can their daughter be Elizabeth III?

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness
What is the old wives' tale about how the mother looks? Because Kate has never looked so beautiful.
Just looked it up.
A girl steals it's mother's beauty, it's a boy!

lol i've never heard that..i would like them to have a princess

here is a name combo..Elizabeth Frances Katherine Willia
if they have a daughter can their daughter be Elizabeth III?

Of course, which ever name they choose, be it Elizabeth (Elizabeth III), Victoria (Victoria II), Mary (Mary III) and so on, or alternatively a name which is yet to be used by a Queen regnant in which case she won't have a number next to it.

Voted for healthy baby, but hope it will future Queen!

what are the chances they will release ultrasound pics?

0.00000000000000000000000001%

Why would anyone who values their privacy do such a thing?

Last edited:

This is just my opinion. Given that the couple's experience with the press since (apparently) starting to try to have a baby has been a real downer - there is no chance this will happen.

We will be lucky if we get many photo ops with Catherine in the next 7 months if the media doesn't chill out and quit hounding anyone with anything to do with the pregnancy.

i cant wait for her next official apperance other than that i hope they have a healthly baby

I would say the chances of William and Kate releasing ultrasound pictures is less than zero, but, given the insanity that's already surrounded this pregnancy, I think the chances of private information like ultrasound pictures somehow finding their way to the public domain are significantly higher than zero, unfortunately.

With the gender determined by the father and the predominance of boys directly in line to the throne I believe it will be a boy - I would love a girl but ----

Before she conceived I thought she'll have a boy 1st then a girl. But now I'm leaning towards a girl. But twins a boy and girl will work.

I voted, it doesn't matter as long as the baby is healthy.

Two Kings in a row and the next will be Catherine Elizabeth Diana Francis.

I know this discussion is well covered on another thread by I really hope they don't saddle a little princess with her grandmothers' first name. It is just such an emotive statement and will put her forever in the situation of being required (by the press & public) to live up to the name. Using Frances is just as much a tribute.

I think the baby is a girl, because she is prettier now, and when the pregnant lady is more pretty than always then she is pregnant with a girl.

Zero. Nobody would do something that stupid.

I think the baby is a girl, because she is prettier now, and when the pregnant lady is more pretty than always then she is pregnant with a girl.

That's worse than the bump up bump down theory. Priceless!

Wouldn't they announce if she was carrying twins? The DRF did when Mary was pregnant with Vincent and Josephine.

I think the British people will be quite content to find out the gender of the baby and if twins are to come only if and when the couple want to share that information.
Thankfully TRH are very 'British' about their personal space and privacy.

why not diana????
ALL the queen grandchildren have they grandmother's names.
zara, beatrice, louise.
I don't see any problem in naming the baby Diana too:flowers: I think it would be wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom