Poll : Kate & William's First Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of William and Catherine's 1st baby?

• A boy

Votes: 67 26.5%
  • A girl

Votes: 109 43.1%
  • Twins - a boy and a girl

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Twin boys

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Twin girls

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke of Aster, I think you might have nailed it. Catherine Elizabeth Diana Frances. But what will they call little Princess Cathy? Has to have a nickname to distinguish her from her mom.
They could call her Cathleen but they aren't very Irish. Princess Cathleen would be fine,
but I doubt they can crack the tradition code that far.

I voted girl I think a Queen after 2 Kings will be a welcome change. Twins is possible they seem to run in the Spencer family. Didn't the current Earl have twin girls? Don't know about the sex being determined by the fathers line in my family always gone the other way. My mother had 3 boys and a girl and so did my sister in the exact order. Not sure if we will find out before the birth they do like to keep secrets. A healthy baby is a given to me that is what everyone wants.

I voted girl I think a Queen after 2 Kings will be a welcome change. Twins is possible they seem to run in the Spencer family. Didn't the current Earl have twin girls? Don't know about the sex being determined by the fathers line in my family always gone the other way. My mother had 3 boys and a girl and so did my sister in the exact order. Not sure if we will find out before the birth they do like to keep secrets. A healthy baby is a given to me that is what everyone wants.

Actually wow- I didn't realize it but yes, they seem to. Apparently Diana's maternal grandfather was a twin.

I'm still going to treat it as extremely unlikely to occur, but it would certainly be special!

Deep down I'm hoping for a boy but intuition tells me most probably girl which I voted anyway. But if a boy then it will be great.

I voted for just a healthy baby. But since Prince Charles had two boys, I'd love to see a little girl!

Triplets!!!!!

OK, so maybe not triplets then, but I really cannot think what will happen! Twins would be a nice interesting result. Everyone I know has had girls and so on that basis alone it could be a girl....but on the other hand it could just as well be a boy if chance has anything to do with it.

I do not think we will find out until the birth though!

There seems to be a run of girls at the moment. Princess Estelle of Sweden being the latest addition. For the sake of Prince Christian I'm going to hope for a boy.

A girl would be great but all the future heir's are girls so I would like a boy.
Voted for as long as its a healthy baby.

A girl will be great. :flowers:

I´d like a girl

I hope she has a boy. I'm old fashioned and do not like the absolute primogeniture thing. I prefer male preference primogeniture.

I want her to have twins! A boy and a girl with the boy born first. (Just because I think in this day and age people are harsher on females!) But I voted for "as long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter". :)

Oddly phrased poll. Obviously, we all want the baby to be healthy (and that's not what the poll asked). Nevertheless, I chose that answer as it appeared to be the sane thing to do.

As to predicting, I think it will be twins. I think this for several reasons, and I'm leaning toward twin girls. That's just because of the statistical correlation between girls, twins and HG. I'd need to know more about her medical condition (how severe is the HG?)

Otherwise, I'd say it is twins, but a boy and a girl. So if I had to bet, I'd bet on boy/girl or girl/boy.

Really?
It's worked for me...:whistling:
considering its 50/50 probability, its obvious it worked for many though. but speaking scientifically, there is no truth about that. speaking personally, in my family my aunt had 3 pregnancies, all girls, all diferent bumps...

Well, I've just phoned the hospital and the nurse told me the Duchess is having twin boys. There, matter settled :D

Well, I've just phoned the hospital and the nurse told me the Duchess is having twin boys. There, matter settled :D

I'd add more smiley faces and maybe a big asterisk that says you're joking, or you'll be quoted as a source by one of the tabloids

:ROFLMAO:

I think it's a girl.

You know, the more I think on it- the more I think it's going to be a boy. Not sure why.

I'm hoping for a healthy baby but I'm guessing it will be a boy.
I think that it is time for a male great grand child to be born after the two beautiful girls of Peter and Autumn Phillips.

For the five generations preceding this newborn's predicted reign, all monarchs will have been the first born of their family (except George VI after Edward married Wallis Simpson - but George VI was second/next born.)
So, for many generations a girl has not been over looked for a younger brother. Even Queen Victoria was first born, though her own first born daughter did not inherit the throne. (She did become Empress of Germany which might have made her cease to be in the line to inherit the throne anyway.??)

I think it is a boy, since both Duke and Duchess wore Blue today! LOL:)

What is the old wives' tale about how the mother looks? Because Kate has never looked so beautiful.
Just looked it up.
A girl steals it's mother's beauty, it's a boy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom