Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but you have to have access to the church grounds to take those photos. Photographers had access because the estate was open to allow parishioners to attend service. That won't be the case with the wedding.

There is two options 1 Pippa allows photographers outside, perhaps limiting how many 2 they are long distance photos taken from the edge of the property.

Did anyone actually find the press release from KP that the press is saying went out? I looked earlier and could not find it.
Was it released and then yanked off the appropriate sites? Was it ever released?
I can find numerous press outlets saying there was a PR from KP - but no actual PR?

Also AdmirerUS - why is toddler Charlotte announced as being a bridesmaid - not a flower-girl?

Even junior bridesmaids are at least nine/ten years of age. A toddler bridesmaid? Really?

(And why mis-spell Middleton in the heading?)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/851470423741083649/photo/1

Last edited:
Also AdmirerUS - why is toddler Charlotte announced as being a bridesmaid - not a flower-girl?

Even junior bridesmaids are at least nine/ten years of age. A toddler bridesmaid? Really?

(And why mis-spell Middleton in the heading?)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/851470423741083649/photo/1

In the UK it's seems customary to use the term bridesmaid to refer to all female attendants of the bride. If you look at royal weddings, it's the same. Grace and Eliza were three and referred as bridesmaids.

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

They are limiting the number of photographers and where they can take pictures

IMG_2172.JPG

Last edited:
I find it totally appalling that some photographers could even think to be snubbed by a limitation of photographers at a private wedding held in a private venue for two private people.

Having a profession as a photographer and working to earn a living by selling pictures of subjects to various media does not in any way, shape or form mean that they should immediately always have access to whomever they want.

Some people!!! :bang:

A wedding is only a public event when it is being funded by the public. Private citizens, even those whose sister is a duchess, pay for private weddings.

Exactly. Whatever beef that one photographer has was left out way too long in the sun and it seems caused a spell of food poisoning.

Just because a person is well known to the public and there's public interest in this person, no one has the right to infringe on their privacy. I don't care if they're royal, they're celebrities or the next inmate to be executed on death row.

If Pippa and James were going to be married in front of the statue of Lord Nelson in Trafalgar square, it would be assumed that the more, the merrier and come one and all as its public. Imagine the traffic jams!! :lol:

I really don't get the fuss about Pippa. She's not royal by blood, she and the Middletons did not become royal upon Kate's marriage to William, and she will not become royal upon her own marriage. Pippa has not accomplished anything great in her own right. The Middletons have been knocked for being social climbers, and the wedding press seems to play into that.

She's a sister-in-law to a future king and aunt to another future king along with having a Duchess for a sister and a Princess for a niece.

As the public loves to follow the Cambridges, Pippa got caught on the coattails of the interest. None of the Middletons are at fault for attention seeking or social climbing. The media makes money off of them so therein lies the blame.

I really don't get the fuss about Pippa. She's not royal by blood, she and the Middletons did not become royal upon Kate's marriage to William, and she will not become royal upon her own marriage. Pippa has not accomplished anything great in her own right. The Middletons have been knocked for being social climbers, and the wedding press seems to play into that.

I don't get this either. I really hoped she would have a family wedding. She's not royal and this is crazy

I agree this wasn't a good look for Pippa. And I feel a little bad for her because like others mentioned I'm pretty sure this half-brained idea was spearheaded by KP staff who were tired of getting phone calls on the subject. So lackadaisical they couldn't be bothered to double check that they spelt Middleton correctly on their press release.

So W&C&H look fickle on their privacy vs. public interest stance. And Pippa looks self-important. But hey, KP staff have it easier for themselves in the short run, so that's all that counts. Of course, in the long run they've dug themselves a deeper hole and will now be asked much more Middleton related questions in the future.

The Middleton's are the future King's in-laws and the family of the future Queen. This has put them in the spotlight and there's media interest in them and their weddings. I guess some are too young to remember the huge interest there was in the Spencer's. It's been years, but they too had the medias interest.

The Cambridge's and palace official maintains their stand on privacy and public interest. They're just being realistic about the media interest in this wedding.

I agree this wasn't a good look for Pippa. And I feel a little bad for her because like others mentioned I'm pretty sure this half-brained idea was spearheaded by KP staff who were tired of getting phone calls on the subject. So lackadaisical they couldn't be bothered to double check that they spelt Middleton correctly on their press release.

So W&C&H look fickle on their privacy vs. public interest stance. And Pippa looks self-important. But hey, KP staff have it easier for themselves in the short run, so that's all that counts. Of course, in the long run they've dug themselves a deeper hole and will now be asked much more Middleton related questions in the future.
KP's PR has never been of high-standards, and I'm not surprised by the misspelling of names in their press statement. What's puzzling to me is that, didn't Pippa hire a PR firm that was once hired by the Beckham's? They should know that KP releasing a press statement for a private citizen is going to come with backlash from the public, no matter that 5 senior royals are going to be in attendance.

I do not know how PR works in the Royal Family, but William, Kate and Harry should hire a new PR firm to manage their public image. It is not looking good, and that is coming from a Cambridge's and Harry's fan.

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is, if one even exists. I agree that the Middletons have at times, seemed a bit...eager, but in the case of Pippa's wedding, surely you would expect her sister, her brother-in-law, and their children to attend. I don't think Prince Harry needs to be there, but the Cambridges have every right to attend. Because they're going, it will undoubtedly be a circus, but what is the alternative? Not going at all?

My thoughts exactly. [emoji106] I remember being puzzled when there was all that talk about her bum/backside at her sister's wedding. I thought "do the British people not know bums?"[emoji19] Women like Jennifer Lopez and Serena Williams has butt/booty/backside. ?Not Pippa. So I never got what all the fuss was about.

The one thing I like about Pippa and give credit to her for is that she does occasionally used her love for sports for charitable reasons. I think that is commendable.[emoji4]

I don't think it matters why the public is (mostly) interested in Pippa.
But they are.

Why are people interested in the Kardashians? I don't get that either.
But they are.

I think that, short of selling an exclusive to HELLO (tacky) Pippa is doing the best she can to limit coverage and avoid a circus.

It's really hopeless to keep the press out entirely; this way, she has a bit of control.

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is, if one even exists. I agree that the Middletons have at times, seemed a bit...eager, but in the case of Pippa's wedding, surely you would expect her sister, her brother-in-law, and their children to attend. I don't think Prince Harry needs to be there, but the Cambridges have every right to attend. Because they're going, it will undoubtedly be a circus, but what is the alternative? Not going at all?

Why shouldn't Harry be invited ? I was invited to the wedding of my sister-in-law's brother and I barely know him. I think that happens in many families.

I find it totally appalling that some photographers could even think to be snubbed by a limitation of photographers at a private wedding held in a private venue for two private people.

Having a profession as a photographer and working to earn a living by selling pictures of subjects to various media does not in any way, shape or form mean that they should immediately always have access to whomever they want.

Some people!!! :bang:

Oh the paps have done their research this time! One of paps (the infamous Tanna) is using a ruling in a lawsuit Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas had against a photographer who took pics of their wedding. The judge ruled weddings are public occasions and couples should have no expectations of privacy. I guess Tanna got tired of being threatened with lawsuits by KP so he does his stalking with legal precedence now. :ROFLMAO:

Link to the lawsuit ruling
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/feb/05/pressandpublishing.privacy

The Middleton's are the future King's in-laws and the family of the future Queen. This has put them in the spotlight and there's media interest in them and their weddings. I guess some are too young to remember the huge interest there was in the Spencer's. It's been years, but they too had the medias interest.

The Cambridge's and palace official maintains their stand on privacy and public interest. They're just being realistic about the media interest in this wedding.

I'm old enough to remember the Spencer's there was nothing remotely like what we have seen with Pippa

That lawsuit was the Douglases suing Hello because they had a deal with OK and Hello published photos of the reception to spoil the exclusive for their rivals.

It's bit different scenario. If you have a wedding at a church and it fits 200 people and instead of your invited guests in the church there is 200 photographers with their cameras sitting in the pews. That would be okay?

Also the church is on private land and the wedding isn't part of a scheduled service like Christmas where anyone can come. People off the street would not be allowed in to Westminster Abbey six years just so they could potentially object when the Cambridges got married.

So, does anyone know what press will be admitted to the wedding, or is there some sort of lottery?

I'm old enough to remember the Spencer's there was nothing remotely like what we have seen with Pippa

Yes, there's a new media age, but there was a great deal interest in the family. The families just have to handle it all the best way they can. It's not easy, but it's the life that comes along with being the in-laws of William. It's the package.

I think people far too often conflate "I am not interested in X" and "there is no reason to be interested in X". This happens a *lot* with women in the public eye.

There's no reason to minimize Pippa's accomplishments; she has done a lot of good with her platform. In fact, I strongly suspect that if you took a random sampling of 10 people from the various royal forums and put together their lifetime fundraising, 9 times out of 10 you would not equal the amount of money that she's raised so far in the few years she's been in the spotlight. (There's a possibility that 1 time out of 10, you'd find the outlier who's raised a million pounds/dollars.)

As for the wedding: it was clumsy on KP's part and they seem to not yet recognise that any clumsiness in their execution will be pounced on by a fairly hostile press. (Or maybe they do and they just figure they really can't do right so they'll just do what seems best and let the chips fall where they may.) But, really, given that the press is so eager to photograph these "unimportant" people that they spend a day whining on Twitter that they're not being given unrestricted access, what else are Pippa, James, and their families supposed to do? Is there a good way to handle this, or are they going to get criticism no matter what they do?

Yes, there's a new media age, but there was a great deal interest in the family. The families just have to handle it all the best way they can. It's not easy, but it's the life that comes along with being the in-laws of William. It's the package.

You are correct. Plus there is a lot of the media that have always hated Pippa and her family. They can't wait to critique and pull apart every small thing. The Middletons never sought all this in life. I personally feel they have handled all the media following them around, just because their daughter married royalty, with class. Know for a fact they have been offered money for interviews, etc., but have not stooped that low. Plus they don't need the money. They have worked and made their way in life without taxpayer's money.

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Remember Christmas in 2012 when William and Kate went to Buckleberry after the HG hospital visit. The press complained that they were not told that there would be a section for the press to take pictures. Now they are complaining that they were told.

The Middletons never sought all this in life. I personally feel they have handled all the media following them around, just because their daughter married royalty, with class. Know for a fact they have been offered money for interviews, etc., but have not stooped that low. Plus they don't need the money. They have worked and made their way in life without taxpayer's money.

I agree; I think the Middletons have behaved with class and dignity throughout Kate's relationship with William.

Some seem to think they should vanish into the ether and never have contact with their daughter and grandchildren at all.
But I don't see that they push, and I've never understood why they shouldn't go where they are invited.

We sometimes seem to forget too that when it comes to familial relationships, Harry is just as relevant in the same ways Pippa is. Charles and Camilla are right on par with Mike and Carole and George and Charlotte are going to be growing up loving all of them equally. Its how families work. No one is "better" or "more important" or "higher up on the totem pole" when it comes to private family lives.

We, as the public and the media, are the ones putting status and class labels on the relationships between these people because I seriously think it means more to us on the outside than it does within the family group.

When it comes to being family, being royal or not doesn't matter. Of course Gan-Gan is forever and always the matriarch of the family as Philip is the patriarch. Some things never change. :D

I think people far too often conflate "I am not interested in X" and "there is no reason to be interested in X". This happens a *lot* with women in the public eye.

There's no reason to minimize Pippa's accomplishments; she has done a lot of good with her platform. In fact, I strongly suspect that if you took a random sampling of 10 people from the various royal forums and put together their lifetime fundraising, 9 times out of 10 you would not equal the amount of money that she's raised so far in the few years she's been in the spotlight. (There's a possibility that 1 time out of 10, you'd find the outlier who's raised a million pounds/dollars.)

As for the wedding: it was clumsy on KP's part and they seem to not yet recognise that any clumsiness in their execution will be pounced on by a fairly hostile press. (Or maybe they do and they just figure they really can't do right so they'll just do what seems best and let the chips fall where they may.) But, really, given that the press is so eager to photograph these "unimportant" people that they spend a day whining on Twitter that they're not being given unrestricted access, what else are Pippa, James, and their families supposed to do? Is there a good way to handle this, or are they going to get criticism no matter what they do?

Well, I think Pippa's fundraising and athletic endeavors are impressive. I should mention James Middleton too, as he is usually involved in these sporting feats too , yet all the shine is given to Pippa. And I do think Pippa has handled the media well the last 4 years, before that she seemed a little lost in the media storm and made some missteps. I think that's what makes KP's sloppiness so irksome, they made things worse for her. Yes, she's going to get criticism no matter, which is unfair, but this was serving her on a silver platter to the naysayers and catty gossip columnists.

Well, I think Pippa's fundraising and athletic endeavors are impressive. I should mention James Middleton too, as he is usually involved in these sporting feats too , yet all the shine is given to Pippa. And I do think Pippa has handled the media well the last 4 years, before that she seemed a little lost in the media storm and made some missteps. I think that's what makes KP's sloppiness so irksome, they made things worse for her. Yes, she's going to get criticism no matter, which is unfair, but this was serving her on a silver platter to the naysayers and catty gossip columnists.

You think Pippa wasn't involved in the decision to have a media facility?

All KP did was announce who was attending the wedding and that there would be an area for the press.

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom