Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that this true but even if it is true it doesn't change my opinion about Wills behavior.

If Pippa already had her Hen party, I'm glad she had a good time. Don't like talking about William's trip.

I have to admit that I hope there's good coverage of Pippa's wedding.
I expect her dress to be outstanding!

I have to admit that I hope there's good coverage of Pippa's wedding.
I expect her dress to be outstanding!

I am looking forward to see the clothes the Duchess of Cambridge wears at her sisters wedding.

It would be nice to get some nice coverage of the wedding. Some nice pictures and perhaps some video.

Last edited:
Considering that during the Leveson Inquiry tabloid editors revealed they were receiving 400+ paparazzi pictures of Pippa each and every day (a number which still astonishes me), I'm gonna guess the press are going to be all over her wedding. I hope it doesn't ruin it for her and her family. Some coverage is to be expected but the British press have never chosen to err on the side of caution.

Considering that during the Leveson Inquiry tabloid editors revealed they were receiving 400+ paparazzi pictures of Pippa each and every day (a number which still astonishes me), I'm gonna guess the press are going to be all over her wedding. I hope it doesn't ruin it for her and her family. Some coverage is to be expected but the British press have never chosen to err on the side of caution.

I think they'll have to- I'm sure we'll get pictures outside the church, but any other photos would probably have to be released by the couple themselves- the reception being at the Middleton family home, squarely on private property, should help.

I think they'll have to- I'm sure we'll get pictures outside the church, but any other photos would probably have to be released by the couple themselves- the reception being at the Middleton family home, squarely on private property, should help.

The church is also on private property accessed through a private road, so there might not be that many pictures outside the church either. Probably will be pics of people in their car as they drive into the private road of the church, and as they drive towards Middleton Manor.

The church is also on private property accessed through a private road, so there might not be that many pictures outside the church either. Probably will be pics of people in their car as they drive into the private road of the church, and as they drive towards Middleton Manor.

I hope for the same coverage as on this Christmas.

I hope for the same coverage as on this Christmas.

Unlikely. The church was open to the public for Christmas service hence the paparazzi used that loophole to be on the private property. This will be a private wedding at the church, therefore the public aka paparazzi, won't have the right to be on the church's private property or their private road. So instead of the close range pictures from Christmas, you'll more likely see long range photos and the paparazzi camped out at the junction where the private road starts.

Unlikely. The church was open to the public for Christmas service hence the paparazzi used that loophole to be on the private property. This will be a private wedding at the church, therefore the public aka paparazzi, won't have the right to be on the church's private property or their private road. So instead of the close range pictures from Christmas, you'll more likely see long range photos and the paparazzi camped out at the junction where the private road starts.

I think it all depends on how the family and security work with the media. They may allow some media to be present outside the church. It's their job to help control the media interest in the wedding.

I think it all depends on how the family and security work with the media. They may allow some media to be present outside the church. It's their job to help control the media interest in the wedding.

Both the bride and the groom are private citizens. They owe the media nothing, especially considering how nasty the tabloid press is to them and their family and friends. Why should she let the paparazzi make bank at the expense of her guests' comfort and privacy.

You may want to look at pictures, but frankly Pippa owes you nothing.

Both the bride and the groom are private citizens. They owe the media nothing, especially considering how nasty the tabloid press is to them and their family and friends. Why should she let the paparazzi make bank at the expense of her guests' comfort and privacy.

You may want to look at pictures, but frankly Pippa owes you nothing.

I know Pippa and James owe the media and us nothing. I'm just saying they know the media will be all over this wedding. It's best for the families, church and security to work with the media on pictures outside of the church. Let's be realistic here.

I know Pippa and James owe the media and us nothing. I'm just saying they know the media will be all over this wedding. It's best for the families, church and security to work with the media on pictures outside of the church. Let's be realistic here.

I'm sure the security will enforce the 'no trespassing' onto private property, if that's what you mean by working with the media.

The media never got pictures of Catherine attending her Uncle Simon's wedding in 2011, or pictures of her attending her Cousin Adam's weddings a few years ago. I guess her uncle and cousin weren't being realistic, but they lucked out nonetheless.

No, Pippa doesn't owe the media or public anything as a private citizen. However, private citizens don't usually hire PR representatives. Pippa has done so, which shows IMO a desire to control her public image to a certain extent.

But it is not their job. It may be a consideration, but it is not their job.

I'm thinking there will be a deal with a media outlet to get exclusive rights with pay to go to a charitable organization. Just my guess.

No, Pippa doesn't owe the media or public anything as a private citizen. However, private citizens don't usually hire PR representatives. Pippa has done so, which shows IMO a desire to control her public image to a certain extent.

I don't blame her for wanting to counter all the trash written about her. Like saying Pippa won't invite Meghan because she's pathologically jealous of her, or saying her parents are pinching pennies to pay for the wedding. If protecting your image means fighting defamation, I say go for it.

But it is not their job. It may be a consideration, but it is not their job.

I'm thinking there will be a deal with a media outlet to get exclusive rights with pay to go to a charitable organization. Just my guess.

I think this would be a smart way to go about it. With an exclusive, the photographer wouldn't be overly intrusive but yet close enough to get good pictures to share with the public. Donating the proceeds from the sale of the exclusive to one of the couple's favorite charity will be a plus too. The braying masses of paps will be held totally at bay knowing its an "exclusive" and therefore won't infringe on the events. This way everybody wins. :D

I'm sure the security will enforce the 'no trespassing' onto private property, if that's what you mean by working with the media.

The media never got pictures of Catherine attending her Uncle Simon's wedding in 2011, or pictures of her attending her Cousin Adam's weddings a few years ago. I guess her uncle and cousin weren't being realistic, but they lucked out nonetheless.

None of those weddings were Pippa's wedding, miss whirley. The media has pretty much invested a lot of reporting about Pippa's relationships. I'm pretty sure some members of the media will want to cover her wedding. The Middleton's and Matthews family know there will be some media presence, especially due to Catherine, William and the possibility of George taking part.

None of those weddings were Pippa's wedding, miss whirley. The media has pretty much invested a lot of reporting about Pippa's relationships. I'm pretty sure some members of the media will want to cover her wedding. The Middleton's and Matthews family know there will be some media presence, especially due to Catherine, William and the possibility of George taking part.

Pippa is a private citizen just like Simon and Adam. Catherine's presence at their weddings didn't give the media free rein to take photos, so your last sentence is nullified. I'm sure many media members would love to cover the wedding, but they don't always get what they want (hence their whining). I'm sure they would of loved if Pippa had done an engagement photoshoot with her fiancé, a la Zara and Mike. She didn't, tough luck to them.

The fact the she choose her wedding location at a small, secluded church on a private estate with private road access, says a lot. It screams "I want privacy". If she had your thought process of, "The media will be at my wedding, so I might as well as embrace them, because their wants come before my own", then I don't believe she would have chosen two such private locales for her wedding and reception.

The press gets vicious when denied.
Pippa knows this from experience.
I think she will allow some limited coverage. JMO.

The press gets vicious when denied.
Pippa knows this from experience.
I think she will allow some limited coverage. JMO.

My hope (and it may not be the case) but perhaps they will release some photos to one of the glossies in exchange for money to be donated to charity. That seems to be a way many high-profile people handle it now- it reduces the value of paparazzi photos.

My hope (and it may not be the case) but perhaps they will release some photos to one of the glossies in exchange for money to be donated to charity. That seems to be a way many high-profile people handle it now- it reduces the value of paparazzi photos.

If this is the case, then we'll know soon. We knew weeks before Peter and Autumn's wedding that they sold their photos.

If their plan is to sell their wedding photos for either profit or charity, then it's a little strange that they didn't sell an engagement photoshoot. Peter-Autumn and Mike-Zara both had engagement photoshoots. Heck even Missy Percy and TvS had an engagement photo. So far Pippa and James have been very, very private. But that might just be their personalities, neither has social media, while both Peter and Mike have Twitter.

This is mentioned often, as though if monies go to 'charity' it makes it all 'better.' :sad: Pippa is entitled to all monies that she negotiates for access. It's no one else's business imo. This equating money flowing to 'charity' in exchange for a piece of one's privacy is repellant. There is something offensive about the quid pro quo being suggested. JMHO. A different perspective.

EDIT: It's been drawn to my attention that what I wrote above could be misconstrued. For clarity: I believe any money Pippa gets paid for pictures/access to her wedding belong to her and should not be funneled to charities. I find the suggestion that receiving such monies are only acceptable if they wind up getting funneled to charities offensive. I find the rationale repellant. Pippa should keep any monies she receives, and doing so (if she does so) does not make her 'low class' imo. Quite the reverse. She would be showing backbone and self respect. :flowers:

Last edited:
I hope we don't see any photos and that they have a lovely family wedding. Then they fade away and live a happy life out of the news

It is all going to be interesting to see how it plays out. So far, things have been very discreet. I'm enjoying it, both the couple seeming to draw a line and watching the press squirm with a lack of solid info. ;)

And I only say "seeming to" because we could only speculate at intent based on what we are not seeing.

This is mentioned often, as though if monies go to 'charity' it makes it all 'better.' :sad: Pippa is entitled to all monies that she negotiates for access. It's no one else's business imo. This equating money flowing to 'charity' in exchange for a piece of one's privacy is repellant. There is something offensive about the quid pro quo being suggested. JMHO. A different perspective.

EDIT: It's been drawn to my attention that what I wrote above could be misconstrued. For clarity: I believe any money Pippa gets paid for pictures/access to her wedding belong to her and should not be funneled to charities. I find the suggestion that receiving such monies are only acceptable if they wind up getting funneled to charities offensive. I find the rationale repellant. Pippa should keep any monies she receives, and doing so (if she does so) does not make her 'low class' imo. Quite the reverse. She would be showing backbone and self respect. :flowers:

I don't disagree and it wouldn't bother me if she did that and kept the money. But she's marrying a very wealthy man and they don't need the money, and it would be less likely to draw bad PR that way, so it seemed more like a possibility to me than selling them outright, if that makes sense.

Then simple....dint give photos at all. They don't need the money. If they don't want to give it to charity, then don't sell. They don't have any requirement to sell the pictures should be private.

It of course looks greedy if they do. Not simply because they don't need it. They have gone out if their way to make it private. They chose a private access church and reception on a private estate. So for them to sell the photos, it would suggest they made it high security to drive up the price of the photos. Not saying that is right, but certainly would give that impression.

The A-Z of Pippa Middleton's wedding day | Daily Mail Online

"The A-Z of Pippa's big day:Carole's the party planner. Naughty Uncle Gary IS invited, but Harry's Meghan WON'T be there. just don't mention the best man's six-in-a-bed orgies"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4390880/Pippa-Middleton-steps-similar-outfit-Kate.html

"With her wedding to hedge fund manager James Matthews less than a month away, Pippa Middleton is doing her utmost to ensure that the occasion is the intimate ‘family affair’ she set her heart on.
Aside from stipulating that guests at St Mark’s Church, Englefield, Berkshire, refrain from bringing along their latest squeezes — a ‘no ring, no bring’ policy, with a possible tactful exception for Prince Harry’s love, Meghan Markle — I hear Her Royal Hotness has also decided to maintain family tradition by entrusting the styling of her tresses to celebrity crimper Richard Ward."

Renovation works are carried out on the estate where Pippa Middleton is set to marry in less than three weeks

Renovation works underway at Pippa's wedding venue | Daily Mail Online

Experts say Pippa Middleton's wedding could cost £250,000 | Daily Mail Online

Noe that's a wedding bill! From the lavish marquee to the luxury gown, experts believe Pippa Middleton's big day could cost as much as 250,000 pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom