Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect the DOC to be the matron of honor. As close-knit as that family is, I will be surprised if Kate isn't her sister's key supporter.

I fully expect the DOC to be the matron of honor. As close-knit as that family is, I will be surprised if Kate isn't her sister's key supporter.

Traditionally, bridesmaids were unmarried.
I think the royals still stick to that.

(I know Pippa isn't royal, but I thought they might keep to the tradition, though it is very outdated).

I think you also have to factor in Kate's position as a member of the royal family. Theoretically she is the 3rd ranked lady in the land.

We saw Margaret be a bridesmaid at Elizabeth's wedding but the Queen didn't return the service.

If George and Charlotte are in the wedding, Kate is going to needed to help getting them down the aisle from the front of the church. So I think she does a reading but not a bridesmaid.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They don't do a Matron of Honor in bridal parties in the U.K.?

Having married matrons of Honour is fairly unusual in the UK, especially in the upper levels of Society.

I saw a few MOH when I was a teen at middle class weddings I attended, but it seems to have died out really, in recent decades. Adult sisters and close friends as bridesmaids yes, but they're generally unmarried.

On the other hand children are still popular as bridesmaids/pages, so there may be some little attendant from the groom's side as well as George and Charlotte. (Im still pretty sure of George but at just two in May next year Charlotte may still be too young to even attend the wedding. Even George will be a very young pageboy.)

Last edited:
I think there's a chance William and Harry act as ushers at the wedding. I'm wondering if invitations will be extended to Charles and Camilla? I think the York's will attend.

Lets be practical - have you seen the size of that church?

Lets assume 150 guests. We dont know the size of his wider family and we dont absolutely know the size of the Middletons either.
Then there are friends and colleagues - are we at 150 yet?
Then there are family friends, godparents etc.

I think Pippa's relationship with the royal family is that she knows them but she isnt close and doesnt mix on a regular basis. I can see H being invited but no one else.

As for C&C? Her brotherinlaws father? I would guess no.

as a separate thought, the security will be very tight.

Why would Harry act as an usher? Does he even know James Matthews? James would have his own set of friends and if he wanted James Middleton and William to draw from as ushers.

Why would Harry act as an usher? Does he even know James Matthews? James would have his own set of friends and if he wanted James Middleton and William to draw from as ushers.

I'm just stating that William and Harry have a habit of acting as ushers at weddings. If not Harry, it could be William.

Harry knows Pippa and she is William's family.

I would imagine that Charles, Camilla and Harry would be invited because they are a part of the extended Middleton family. I have been to several family events of close friends and a significant number of my friends invite the family members of their inlaws to their weddings. Are we talking 2nd cousins, of course not. But definitely the parents and siblings of the inlaw.

Now I don't think Charles and Camilla will attend [i.e. security, scheduled engagements, etc.] but I could see Harry attending but not as an usher. I don't think he is that close to the Matthews family. And I don't see the Yorks being invited either. If it was big society wedding with a large church, etc. But not a small family affair.

I'm just stating that William and Harry have a habit of acting as ushers at weddings. If not Harry, it could be William.

Harry knows Pippa and she is William's family.

Yes, as ushers to their friends. Like bridesmaids and brides, ushers usually have some relationship With the groom. There is no evidence Harry even knows James Other than in passing. Perhaps James Middleton, but James has his own brother, brother in lavahd certainly friends to choose from.

Lets be practical - have you seen the size of that church?

Lets assume 150 guests. We dont know the size of his wider family and we dont absolutely know the size of the Middletons either.
Then there are friends and colleagues - are we at 150 yet?
Then there are family friends, godparents etc.

I think Pippa's relationship with the royal family is that she knows them but she isnt close and doesnt mix on a regular basis. I can see H being invited but no one else.

As for C&C? Her brotherinlaws father? I would guess no.

as a separate thought, the security will be very tight.

We don't even know where they are getting married yet. I don't put much stock in what the tabloid media are saying.

I think there's a chance William and Harry act as ushers at the wedding. I'm wondering if invitations will be extended to Charles and Camilla? I think the York's will attend.

To me it seems like out of courtesy they would be extended however perhaps not accepted and a gift sent instead.

Had a thought about the no matron of honors at upper class weddings (not common in the U.K.).

Harry was William's best man. Can't imagine William wouldn't be Harry's best man.

In that light...couldn't you see Kate as Pippa's MoH? They are very close afterall.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
But the best man just has to stand next to the groom. He isn't following behind the groom with his father, carrying his train or holding his bouquet. The bride's main support person is not the matron or maid of honor during the actual wedding. It's her father. The MoH is basically a personal assistant.

:previous: Pranter, Not really, though of course I could be very very wrong! :lol: I think she and William will be there with William and Carole and Mike, in the church, being supportive and looking proudly on at young George in his page boy outfit. I just can't see Kate as matron of honour there, though.

i also can't see much of the royal family, apart from obviously kate, william and harry, attending. i highly doubt that charles and camilla will be there, or anyone beyond that.

regarding kate being matron of honour, i agree that it is not traditional and for that reason it is looking unlikely, but here's hoping :) i still wouldn't bet on it. which makes me wonder who will pippa choose as we don't know many female friends of her...

I'm sure Pippa has some female besties. Most of the coverage of Pippa is about the guys she is dating so we don't see that side of Pippa.

I personally think Kate will stand up for her sister.... it sounds as though it is a smallish wedding- I expect the only photo we would be privy to would be the same as any society wedding.... just the comings and goings from the church. I don't expect Kate in some matchy dress with 4 other attendants. I could expect Kate with some children (similar to Kate's wedding and Zara) or pippa would do a princess Margaret style and all children. All in all I expect a very small wedding party.

I can't see the York's even being invited. They are not part of Pippa's family or close friends. If it is to be a small family wedding, only the necessary people will get actual invitations. I think that Pippa knows exactly how she wants her own wedding to be and she will stick to that plan. Everyone with critique every aspect of the event anyway. There will be fault finding and nasty remarks especially on Carol who has never put a foot wrong in public, but is hated for giving birth to a future queen of England. Carol is blamed for being a social climber. No one has ever witnessed this fact. She attended only functions where she is invited with calm grace otherwise goes along quietly in her business and personal family responsibilities.

I personally think Kate will stand up for her sister.... it sounds as though it is a smallish wedding- I expect the only photo we would be privy to would be the same as any society wedding.... just the comings and goings from the church. I don't expect Kate in some matchy dress with 4 other attendants. I could expect Kate with some children (similar to Kate's wedding and Zara) or pippa would do a princess Margaret style and all children. All in all I expect a very small wedding party.

Isn't all children/teens more of the British style? The matching dress sorority sisters look is more of an American wedding thing.

Sorry for joining in on this conversation so late but I just got around to reading these posts.

i also can't see much of the royal family, apart from obviously kate, william and harry, attending. i highly doubt that charles and camilla will be there, or anyone beyond that.

regarding kate being matron of honour, i agree that it is not traditional and for that reason it is looking unlikely, but here's hoping :) i still wouldn't bet on it. which makes me wonder who will pippa choose as we don't know many female friends of her...

I also can't see most of the BRF attending. I even have big doubts about Harry being there, he wasn't at her 30th birthday bash, and he wasn't at her housewarming party earlier this year. The two appear to be friendly but not friends. The BRF member most likely to attend would probably be Lady Gabriella Windsor as she's in a longterm relationship with Pippa's close friend Tom Kingston.

I also want to point out that Pippa does in fact have several close female friends that she's known for many years. The most notable being: Alice St John Webster, Camilla Campion-Awwad, Camilla Hook, Rowena Macrae, Philippa Townley, and her unnamed friend whom she has been frequently pictured with since University - you can see her here http://abcnews.go.com/images/Entertainment/gty_pippa_middleton_tennis_ll_130605_wblog.jpg

Only about three of those ladies are known to be married. Her cousin Lucy Middleton ( who she is close to) is also unmarried. So if she wants to go for the traditional unmarried MoH, she has plenty of options.

If as has been already reported the wedding will take place in the local Bucklebury church with the reception held at her parents home, marquee style, it (the reception) can be as big or small as they, Pippa and James wish.

Not expecting to see any of the RF other than William, maybe Harry at a stretch as Kate's brother-in-law.

I hope Harry will be invited: weddings are known to be good places to meet eligible singles!

I think Catherine's father-in-law and stepmother-in-law might be be invited. I think she get to invited guest too.

Why would the PoW and the DoC want or need to be included on Pippa's wedding guest list?

Are they known to socialize with the Middletons?

The church is relatively small. You have to invite both families- aunts, uncles, cousins, friends of the couples, coworkers of the couple and then maybe some friends of the parents.

We haven't really seen the Middletons socialize with Charles and Camilla other than them talking to Camilla in the royal box at Wimbledon.

Also they may not want the security risk of having Charles, William, George, Charlotte and maybe Harry all in the same location. The security is going to be high just to cover the Cambridge family attending.

I don't know what to expect. It could go either way. It certainly will be a 'society' wedding but with an intimate guest list.

Pippa moves in some pretty posh circles independent of her sister. Her room-mates at university included a Lord and an Earl

I don't think Harry will turn up, actually. I think it will be just the Cambridge contingent from the BRF, minus Charlotte probably, as she is still just a toddler. I do expect George Percy to be present though, perhaps Lady Missy his sister, perhaps the Duchess of Northumberland as an outside chance, and various Innes-Kerrs, as Pippa has known these families for years.

Last edited:
I don't know. An invitation might be extended to them. That's all I'm pointing out.

The Mail is the only newspaper doing this.

They should leave her alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom