Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different dress to Catherine's wedding you mean? Well Catherine chose the dress, tecnically this attention is her fault then. :lol:

But what was flattering about her dress?? I did not see any curves or whatsoever at all. I mean it was a nice dress but not sexy or something, i did not see a behind or breasts, nice said. But maybe men did see!

Perhaps Catherine was a little too naive in the choice of dress for Pippa. After all it is the role of the chief bridesmaid to support the bride ,not upstage her as in this case. :whistling:

I wonder why the press got crazy about Pippa and not about James Middleton or any other relatives...

Maybe the press are more interested in an attractive young lady than an attractive young man !!.

WEll, My opinion is that Catherine got the looks in the family. she is very pretty, has a nice figure, and a great head of hair. As for her sister, this may seem mean spirited, but she has a horse face. she is not pretty, but not ugly. she has a great figure and like her sister, a great head of hair. but that is were it ends. as for their brother...he was hit with the ugly stick.
The dress Catherine picked for pippa was very flattering and she really did look pretty that day. As for all the hoopla about it, that is "probably" the 1st image of Pippa that people in the states had of her and thats were things took off. Since it's summer and there is really NOTHING on t.v. that is why they are making something out of nothing.

Lenora said:
I wonder why the press got crazy about Pippa and not about James Middleton or any other relatives...

He's a cutie IMO!

He's a cutie IMO!

Quite a number of my friends daughters agree with you on that one :lol:.

As for the sons, they can't see what all the fuss is about reguarding Pippa. Most of them would have had Catherine , if William hadn't got in there first !!

di-fan72 said:
But what was flattering about her dress?? I did not see any curves or whatsoever at all. I mean it was a nice dress but not sexy or something, i did not see a behind or breasts, nice said. But maybe men did see!

Not to be crude but I saw a stunning figure on Pippa on she has worked on and toned. It's certainly better than her sisters at the moment. Pippa looked gorgeous in that dress.

lady of hay said:
Perhaps Catherine was a little too naive in the choice of dress for Pippa. After all it is the role of the chief bridesmaid to support the bride ,not upstage her as in this case. :whistling:

Pippa upstaged Catherine, are you being serious?

Not to be crude but I saw a stunning figure on Pippa on she has worked on and toned. It's certainly better than her sisters at the moment. Pippa looked gorgeous in that dress.

Pippa upstaged Catherine, are you being serious?

Pippa did look gorgeous , and I agree with you wholeheartedly, her figure is much better than her sisters, however what I mean by her "upstageing " Catherine is that Pippas dress was the one people in my circle talked about the most.

lady of hay said:
Pippa did look gorgeous , and I agree with you wholeheartedly, her figure is much better than her sisters, however what I mean by her "upstageing " Catherine is that Pippas dress was the one people in my circle talked about the most.

Well that's Catherine's fault not Pippa's. Not only did she choose Pippa's dress so chose a dull dress for herself that has been outshines in some people's minds.

WEll, My opinion is that Catherine got the looks in the family. she is very pretty, has a nice figure, and a great head of hair. As for her sister, this may seem mean spirited, but she has a horse face. she is not pretty, but not ugly. she has a great figure and like her sister, a great head of hair. but that is were it ends. as for their brother...he was hit with the ugly stick.

I do think that Catherine is the best-looking of the Middletons, but I consider them a very attractive family. And although Catherine is prettier, she tends to be rather quiet; I have heard that Pippa is more outgoing.

Pippa's dress was probably the most flattering type she could have worn, but it wasn't very forgiving of any figure flaws, that's for sure. I hope all these women who are copying it take that into account! ;)

I think that (for once) the press is showing a bit of discretion. In the flood of attention immediately following the wedding, the slightest peek into James' social life revealed photographs and other information from which one would infer he was gay. More scrutiny would mean more questions about his personal life that he might not want to discuss with the public. I think the press has kindly given him a bit of space. While it may not last, for now it's a good thing as he transitions into being a public figure in one capacity or another.

Also, I read that James and Pippa are keenly aware that the slightestest misstep can bring K alot of embarassment and they are making an effort to keep a low profile.

The media noticed people noticing her and decided we're all "crazy" about Pippa. I have nothing against her but there is zero mania over her. People thought she was pretty, attractive. That's all. There was a curiosity over the wedding but we moved on. It's a shame that the media decided to stalk out Kate's sister. But they're like sharks, once they smell blood they never let up. Her life is no different from when she was just the sister of the princes' girlfriend. The people making Pippa mania docs should just admit they're the ones obsessed over her.

Absolutely:whistling:

:lol: Yeah Kate looked so dull .... lol right

Last edited by a moderator:
Pippa definitely did not upstage Kate. It was her day and people paid attention to her. I think the only reason people went gaga over that dress is because if you look at the history of the bridesmaid dress at royal weddings, they are not very flattering. Kate purposely picked a dress that complemented the bride while at the same time was fitting for her sister. No one had seen a member of the bridal party look so normal and nice; usually they are wearing too many frills, lace and bows.
BTW I purposely was more impressed with James Middleton; Ima go to London and track that dude down. He also seems to have an actual appropriate tan, not over the top and not too orange; too bad he can't help his sister out with her tan.

:lol: Yeah Kate looked so dull .... lol right

Catherine's dress was dull in my eyes, it might have been a one of a kind Sarah Burton but it was boring, I looked at it and most of the time I could just see a white blur with some lace. Best part was the tiara. Pippa's dress was much more exciting.
People paid attention to Catherine and William because it was their day, but Pippa got the peoples attention for real and now she's the continuing talk of the town.

Pippa Middleton... Boring!! I am so sick of hearing about little miss sister

I have been saying the same thing Lady Felicity M and did so in the rant thread and still feel the same she drives me crazy.

To those people saying that no one's interested in Pippa other than the press, I bought a handbag which Pippa was spotted with a couple of months ago. I never actually used it because the straps annoyed me so I just sold it on ebay. I was amazed to find that demand for it was huge and it sold for almost 3 times the price I paid for it.

So I can say without a shadow of doubt that there are plenty of people who are obsessed with Pippa.

Yeah Pippa's dress was so exciting, I especially was excited about it when I saw similar dresses like it at the Oscars, Emmy's, and on runways. A plain white dress with a V neckline; oh how exciting.

Right, her dress was nothing. Plain and quite ordindary She is a very nice looking young lady, but nothing special. People who think this is news have no lives. Sorry.

Some people like Pippa, some people don't. Isn't that the same with every person in the limelight? What exactly are people arguing about? A dress that Catherine picked out?

I thought the dress was the wrong color....I don't think anyone should wear white but the bride.

MM

Right, her dress was nothing. Plain and quite ordindary She is a very nice looking young lady, but nothing special. People who think this is news have no lives. Sorry.

Exactly! That's what i said also!

Some people like Pippa, some people don't. Isn't that the same with every person in the limelight? What exactly are people arguing about?
I think that at the end of the day no one knows who Pippa Middleton really is, so a lot of the feelings come from the media's portrayal/coverage of her. She is just living her life as she did before but suddenly her every move is reported on for no apparent reason. People can ignore the articles about her, but know they are still out there. I was reading People Magazine recently and on their "Star Tracks" page with candid pictures of celebrities, there was a photo of Pippa getting coffee! It was a serious WTH moment for me but I just moved on, she doesn't interest me (and she shouldn't, she's just a regular person). Personally, I think the "Pippa" frenzy is a simple creation of the media. Kind of like how I see the Kardashians: just kind of reported on for existing. That's not a slam at Pippa, it's a slam at the media and how silly this has all gotten. :wacko:

I don't know why it didn't occur to me before, but Pippa Middleton bears an uncanny resemblence to the Dutchess of Windsor. It isn't that they look very alike feature for feature, but they have similar figures and body frames (though Pippa is taller), similar facial structure and head shape and the same hair color.

They both have an unquestionable allure that cannot be pinpointed and is quite beyond their looks.

Looking at Pippa's brides maid dress from the back with itscenter beading, it strikes me as a rather overt and delightfully cheeking homage to the Dutchess of Windsor.

Does anyone else see this?

I see nothing of the sort, and if Catherine picked a dress out to pay homage to Wallis then that is laughable.
Wallis probably shared/s the same body type/facial structure/head shape and certainly hair colour with millions of people around the world. You're linking these two people because they supposedly have an 'allure'?

Wallis is intriquing in a sense because she almost ruined the royal family, Pippa is becoming a topic of interest because of her behind. I see no connection.

:ermm: What a strangely grumpy response.

When I said it was an hommage to her, I meant as a style icon. I saw an exhibition of some of Wallis's dresses, including her wedding dress, at the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art some years ago.

I'm not interested in her (Wallis's) imputed morals.

I do think that the combination of overall appearance and exceptional allure is strikingly similar in the two of them. The dresses also have some marked similarities that I find noteworthy.

I see nothing of the sort, and if Catherine picked a dress out to pay homage to Wallis then that is laughable.
Wallis probably shared/s the same body type/facial structure/head shape and certainly hair colour with millions of people around the world. You're linking these two people because they supposedly have an 'allure'?

Wallis is intriquing in a sense because she almost ruined the royal family, Pippa is becoming a topic of interest because of her behind. I see no connection.

You asked if anyone else saw this resemblance, I answered no, and explained why. It was a straightforward answer not a grumpy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom