Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be honest and say that I am very tired of "Pippa" at this point.

I do not think that she is seeking the press, but they sure are seeking her.

I really do not get the attention paid to her. She is not homely but
Catherine is much prettier. One looks like her father and other her mother.

I 100% agree. I dont think she's seeks press either, but boy every day is another picture and story. She is a pretty girl but I still think The Duchess of Cambridge is much prettier. Pippa looks like mom, and Catherine like dad. Catherine seems to have her father's quiter demeanor as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I 100% agree. I dont think she's seeks press either, but boy every day is another picture and story. She is a pretty girl but I still think The Duchess of Cambridge is much prettier. Pippa looks like mom, and Catherine like dad. Catherine seems to have her father's quiter demeanor as well.

You know what this reminds me of? Diversionary tactics. I am not in any way saying that this is a conscious plan - but the tabloids seem to need someone to focus on.

Catherine is now the married lady whose demeanor is dignified. She is now hands-off, the press cannot cross the line with her.

But Pippa was stunning at the wedding and I think men are interested :p - even if women aren't. :ROFLMAO:

Like people are saying she's the glamorous unattached sister - who will she hook up with, who will she marry - like with Princess Margaret or Lee Radziwill (as someone mentioned). 'Celebrity' by association. You know what I hope for her? That she marry into European royalty - that would be so much fun! Hey, how about the Swedish Prince? Possibilities abound. :flowers:

I totally agree with you!:flowers:
I think it would be so funny (in a good way) if she married into European Royalty!
What about Amadeo of Belgium? The Belgium RF is so boring, imagine what Pippa would do!:lol:

I think it would be so funny (in a good way) if she married into European Royalty!
What about Amadeo of Belgium? The Belgium RF is so boring, imagine what Pippa would do!:lol:

Sounds a bit like Jackie Kennedy and Lee Radziwill.

I always felt Lee spent her life trying to emerge from her sister's shadow and never quite made it- not even by marrying into European royalty.

It's Amedeo of Belgium. And I'm quite surprised at how you seem to want to make Pippa appear "better" at the expense of the Belgian Royal Family. What would Pippa the "socialite" contribute to them, if ever? And if you think they're boring, why don't you look up some credible articles on Prince Laurent? You might have a surprise or two...

Besides, if certain circles are to be believed, Prince Amedeo is likely to marry another royal, or at least someone from the highest nobility. It appears that his father Prince Lorenz wants that since his son is, after all, very much a blue-blood. Amedeo (mostly) keeps to that exclusive circle of Almanach de Gotha families, at least until a few years ago. I'm not very sure about his life in the USA in the last few years.

There is also a matter of religion..... as the future head of the House of Austria-Este line and a member of that illustrious family, his future wife must be Roman Catholic. Of course, conversion is always possible but being a Catholic is a requirement in the Habsburg family for the marriage to be recognized as valid and equal. I'm not sure what religious affiliation the Middletons belong to. But whoever marries Amedeo must be (no question) Roman Catholic. Of course, marriage rules of the Habsburgs now are quite relaxed so commoners are welcome.

Last edited:
HUN!
You took my post way too seriously. It was a quick joke or musing!:lol:
It is not a question of making Pippa appear better, I think she's just fine the way she is.
As far as the Belgium royals, I have every right to my opinion and for me they are quite boring.

Perhaps it's time for Pippa to have her own thread. :lol:

You go, Girl!!!!! :D Who among us wouldn't be having fun with it all? :p Hey, youth is an eyeblink - soon she'll be married with babies and worries - this is a moment in time, when the body is in superlative condition and doors are opening - go through those doors, Pippa! :flowers:

As long as she doesn't get spoilt by it all, or get her head turned. She does seem to have learned - or been coached? - that when you are out and about, put a good face on. One never knows where or when there may be a schutter-bug.

Perhaps it's time for Pippa to have her own thread. :lol:

She doesn't qualify, though, correct? Not royal.....though she is living every little girl's fantasy with all the possibilities. So sweet. But one hopes she doesn't crash and burn. What must the anxiety be for the mother - watching this one being feted. Must be worrisome. I would worry.

Last edited:
HUN!
You took my post way too seriously. It was a quick joke or musing!:lol:
It is not a question of making Pippa appear better, I think she's just fine the way she is.
As far as the Belgium royals, I have every right to my opinion and for me they are quite boring.

You might not think what you posted was anything serious but look at it from the view of people who happen to like/respect to Belgian Royal Family. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but could've phrased it better, hmmm.....

You might not think what you posted was anything serious but look at it from the view of people who happen to like/respect to Belgian Royal Family. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but could've phrased it better, hmmm.....

Doesn't that go both ways? Just saying....

Doesn't that go both ways? Just saying....

I agree that it goes both ways. Maybe I just misinterpreted it... My apologies.

I respect that we have our own favourites but I am also a bit perplexed (after being, more or less, absent from TRF for sometime) that it appears one has to "defend" a view that different from most people's.....

Last edited:
I agree that it goes both ways. Maybe I just misinterpreted it... My apologies.

I respect that we have our own favourites but I am also a bit perplexed (after being, more or less, absent from TRF for sometime) that it appears one has to "defend" a view that different from most people's.....

I guess I am a bit puzzled as to why you should feel perplexed? Didn't you just passionately defend the Belgium RF when someone mentioned they thought they were boring? That was far less a criticism than the ones you posted about the Duchess of Cambridge IMO. I respect that you feel as you do since you are obviously admire the Belgium RF. Therefore, can you understand why posters that admire the Duchess of Cambridge would want to defend her?

We all have opinions on Royalty, which is why we are here. Some more passionate than others. I have been to the Alexander Time Machine forum, and I don't see that it is any different there than it is here.

I think the Pippa thing is media dynamics, its on a roll since the wedding, people like to read about a young girl having a good time, plus she loves the camera and has always been the socialite/attention seeker type.

Pippa is making the most of it maybe on the back of her mind wanting to attract some rich potential husbands before the whole thing becomes a non-story again.

I dont find her attractive at all, very soon she will look as harsh as her sister and then the nice headlines are all over. She has to be careful that she doesnt become the unlucky sister stereotype depending on what will happen later in her life when deliberately attracting so much attention.

I guess I am a bit puzzled as to why you should feel perplexed? Didn't you just passionately defend the Belgium RF when someone mentioned they thought they were boring? That was far less a criticism than the ones you posted about the Duchess of Cambridge IMO. I respect that you feel as you do since you are obviously admire the Belgium RF. Therefore, can you understand why posters that admire the Duchess of Cambridge would want to defend her?

We all have opinions on Royalty, which is why we are here. Some more passionate than others. I have been to the Alexander Time Machine forum, and I don't see that it is any different there than it is here.

They might be "boring" for some but at least most of them are responsible and hardworking. They have, more or less, "proven" themselves, so to speak. That I couldn't (yet) see on Kate or her sister, at least not on that level (at least before Kate got married, I expect her to have a quite demanding workload as time goes on and do a good job at that). But like I said, I'd gladly change my mind once there are facts to back up such assertations (of her past accomplishments, etc.).

What have I said about the Duchess of Cambridge (or her sister for that matter) that is not based on facts or at least, what we know (based on credible media reports) and/or in the proper (royal) context?

There are at least 2 other forums that I go (besides the APTM forum) and the level of "idealisation" of Kate is nowhere at the level of TRF's. That is why I said I am perplexed. Besides, many APTM forum members usually base what they post on facts and proper contextualization (not speculation or opinions). That's not entirely absent here but I notice it's not usually the case here, at least of the late and when discussing certain (royal) personages....sorry.

But if you don't agree, that's fine. It's perfectly all right to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
What facts are those? The tabloid media? Such as the Daily Mail who said Carole offended the Queen in 2007 when They just meet two week before the wedding. And how is Pippa who have two jobs and reportedly got another not a hard working individual?

Last edited:
I know nothing about the Belgium Royal Family, and have no comment as to their being hard working or boring. That argument is between you and another poster. I was simply pointing out the double standards in the criticism. Saying someone is boring is a personal opinion. Saying someone is lazy and never worked based on media conjecture isn't "fact"

The Prince of Wales website has her resume if you care to view it yourself. :)

Besides, if certain circles are to be believed, Prince Amedeo is likely to marry another royal, or at least someone from the highest nobility. It appears that his father Prince Lorenz wants that since his son is, after all, very much a blue-blood. Amedeo (mostly) keeps to that exclusive circle of Almanach de Gotha families, at least until a few years ago.

That's what was said about Prince Felipe of Spain; there was an article long ago in Town & Country about how he was determined to marry royalty or at least someone from the highest nobility.

Instead he ended up marrying a commoner television personality, so never say never. (At least Pippa's not divorced).

I dont find her attractive at all, very soon she will look as harsh as her sister and then the nice headlines are all over. She has to be careful that she doesnt become the unlucky sister stereotype depending on what will happen later in her life when deliberately attracting so much attention.

The fact that Pippa is such a happy young lady will affect her facial expression as she grows older.. any harshness of bone structure will be softened.
I like her.. she has a certain je ne sais quoi about her.. I think it's her love of life and joy. Good for her.

That's what was said about Prince Felipe of Spain; there was an article long ago in Town & Country about how he was determined to marry royalty or at least someone from the highest nobility.

Instead he ended up marrying a commoner television personality, so never say never. (At least Pippa's not divorced).

If you look at the last part of my post on Amedeo of Belgium, I did leave open the possibility of Pippa and him, saying that the Habsburgs have very much relaxed the requirements for an equal marriage now (they seem to only require Roman Catholicism as the religion and nothing more).

If I might make it clear, I have nothing against the Middleton girls in terms of a "clean" background (you mentioned Letizia being divorced)..... Kate seemed very well behaved in terms of her lovelife, something that not all "society" girls can say for themselves. I only "object" their seemingly lack of "drive" in terms of a serious career.

I was simply pointing out the double standards in the criticism. Saying someone is boring is a personal opinion. Saying someone is lazy and never worked based on media conjecture isn't "fact"

The Prince of Wales website has her resume if you care to view it yourself. :)

I already apologised for misinterpreting what was posted about the Belgian Royal Family. And I'm sorry that you think I employed double standards. I'll try not to let it happen again.

I already viewed Kate's resume at the P of W's website a few days ago before this "debate" started, thank you.

I never said Kate was lazy and never worked. Only I find her accomplishments not very impressive/meaningful (based on her potential). And that she (seemingly) concentrated on being a royal girlfriend. And as I've stated earlier, I expect her do more work as member of the BRF.

Last edited:
...I find her accomplishments not very impressive/meaningful (based on her potential). And that she (seemingly) concentrated on being a royal girlfriend. And as I've stated earlier, I expect her do more work as member of the BRF.

Interesting...could you clarify what you mean by "impressive/meaningful" and also "potential" I'm sure that would clear up a lot of the confusion. Also as to her "concentrating" on being a royal girlfriend, was it wrong for her to show her love and support to William?:)

Interesting...could you clarify what you mean by "impressive/meaningful" and also "potential" I'm sure that would clear up a lot of the confusion. Also as to her "concentrating" on being a royal girlfriend, was it wrong for her to show her love and support to William?:)

Sherlock221B,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to answer your question but my posts have already upset quite a lot of people. It's not my intention to go to this forum and do that (besides I have other -- much stronger -- royalty-related interests than Kate or William). Hence, I've decided not to post anything anymore about this particular topic. The other thread (General Information on the Duchess of Cambridge) has some of thoughts on this matter. You may look it up if you're inclined to. I can also be reached via PM. Hope you understand.:)

Last edited:
Let's get back on topic....

I was reading Celebitchy; it insinuates that Pippa is campaigning to wed George Percy and that Alex Loudon is just a place-holder.

I don't know; I have trouble putting any faith in her relationship with Loudon because they simply don't appear to spend much time together.

I was reading Celebitchy; it insinuates that Pippa is campaigning to wed George Percy and that Alex Loudon is just a place-holder.

I don't know; I have trouble putting any faith in her relationship with Loudon because they simply don't appear to spend much time together.

I don't put faith in reports that are trying to make something out of nothing. Pippa's been around Kate and William long enough to know not to feed the monster as it gets hungry for more. She's gonna be like Kate and say nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom