The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

If they have the wedding in england the security will be huge - obviously william, kate and kids will be there. And i could see harry attending and maybe the york girls as they seem friendly.
I actually imagine they might choose an overseas wedding say at the Matthews family hotel in St Barts - Eden Rock. That they they could avoid the media craziness that will happen and it would be private.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thanks. I thought they have been together much longer, as I seem to recall having seen them out and about back in 2012. Am I wrong or had they slplit before rekindling their romance?
They were together for a while in 2012, then she dated Nico and broke up and about a year ago or so James and her got back together it seems. Or that's how I understood it.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

I knew Pippa was hiding something at the event yesterday. Her posing was off.

I know the family must be thrilled. The media and other royal watchers must be thrilled too. Another wedding to look forward to.

James is lucky, because Pippa is quite the catch indeed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
They were together for a while in 2012, then she dated Nico and broke up and about a year ago or so James and her got back together it seems. Or that's how I understood it.

Yeah, that 's what I also presumed. Thank you for clearing things up.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Almost a year. They were first spotted together in September.

I am curious about what designer will make her dress. She's very thin and not as tall as Kate, so it will be important that the dress doesn't overwhelm her.
Of course, it will be massive publicity for any designer.

My first thought would be Alice Temperley. Pippa has an established relationship with her. I think she will stay away from McQueen and Packaham.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
People who aren't royal do sometimes marry there.

Diana's parents married at the Abbey.

Earl Spencer

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

Per the Abbey's website, Royal weddings and family members of Knights of the Order of the Bath can get married at the Abbey. If that's the rule, then she can't get married there and why would she want to? We already saw that wedding five years ago.

My guess is Buckleberry, somewhere in Scotland or at James's parents hotel in the Caribbean if they want a less formal beach wedding.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Westminster Abbey is a royal peculiar, under direct jurisdiction of the sovereign.

I'm sure if she really wanted a wedding at the Abbey, it could be done but Pippa seems like she will want something in her home town. A country wedding would be lovely.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it will be fairly low key....even Kate's wedding was low key on the scale of royal weddings.

She's going to try to avoid the comparisons as much as possible I think.

LaRae
Old 07-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Commoner

I have nothing against the Middletons, but the selection of that gigantic ring seems designed to scream money and status. Why try so hard? WE KNOW. Having said that, if it was given to me I'd probably take it. Not what I would have chosen, though. Congrats to them regardless.

Pippa Middleton confirms engagement to James Matthews
Old 07-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

We don't actually know if Pippa had anything to do with the selection of the ring. It could have all James Matthews. Kate didn't have any input to her engagement ring.

I think the ring is quite interesting and different to the typical big rock engagement ring.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

They must have had a brilliant time on that vacation they recently took. James came back and put a ring on it!

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I've read that Pippa's engagement ring is a vintage one, Art Deco.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol18 View Post
I have nothing against the Middletons, but the selection of that gigantic ring seems designed to scream money and status. Why try so hard? WE KNOW. Having said that, if it was given to me I'd probably take it. Not what I would have chosen, though. Congrats to them regardless.

I don't agree. It's big, yes! But it has design. It's not just big for the case of being big. It feels classy and traditional. IMO ofc. Also, considering she was reportedly surprised by the proposal, I assume it was he and not she who choose the ring. Maybe even a family ring or vintage since it looks very Art Deco? Either way, new or old, I like the design of it!
Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They must have had a brilliant time on that vacation they recently took. James came back and put a ring on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I've read that Pippa's engagement ring is a vintage one, Art Deco.
I don't think it is vintage , vintage inspired perhaps. Very nice , but a bit " blingy" for my taste .
Old 07-19-2016, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
I mean he didn't have time for any games. He put a ring on that finger quick. I don't blame him either. Pippa is a great girl.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I know when I was in James Mathews' position, I walked into the jewellery store and said give me the largest stone you have that I can afford

I think the ring is lovely and compared to what we see on the fingers of celebrities, it's not very big at all
Old 07-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Good happiness to them both. I sincerely hope they have a brilliant and happy long life together. Love with a special partner is what life is all about
Old 07-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol18 View Post

I don't think the ring is gigantic at all. Seems quite ordinary today. Plus tiny compared to the rocks on elites and entertainment news grabbers. I'm sure she was given as his choice which is proper.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

I think the ring is lovely and compared to what we see on the fingers of celebrities, it's not very big at all
I agree!
I think those huge 10 or 12 carat rocks look vulgar and flashy.

I really like Pippa's ring, but then I love vintage jewelry.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton