Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course she can have what she wants but I can also have an opinion.
The weddings that Harry and Will have been to haven't had glass castle etc. I was hoping she would do it classy so I'm disappointed. But I'm getting tired of not being able to have an opinion. I think a lot of people forget she isn't a member of the RF so I do wonder why there is a thread about her wedding on a royal forum

The reception will be at the Middleton's house. They can't hold a very large reception inside the house because it's not big enough. People would be in the mingling in the bathroom. It's very reasonable to hold the party in an outside space.

We all have opinions, but we have to understand the situation first. A great deal of people have their wedding receptions and other parties in very large tents. It all depends on how many people are invited as well.

Pippa isn't acting royal the royals have the advantage of having very large palaces and castles to hold their parties. The Middleton's have to build a temporary structure to hold a large gathering of this size. They have the money, so they can do what they want.

This is the brides day and brides usually get what they want on their special day. Us grooms just show up and eat cake. At the end of the day that's what's it's all about, eating cake!

Last edited:
What type of wedding are you alluding to? Many English brides wear tiaras, and not just those belonging to the aristocracy.

That I did not realize. But I don't believe an outdoor affair suits a tiara. J MO. I also like the glass enclosure instead of tent. Saw one and they had lovely drapes on ceilings to off set glaring sun and heat, with them cascading down wall to make a lovely setting. Wood flooring made a really nice area. Perfect for a bit of privacy when a home will not accommodate all those people and still want it as private as possible and convenient for those attending. I know weddings now are many times affairs in other countries or on islands in the Caribbean which requires additional costs and not always convenient to others.

the tiara question is an interesting one. Personally I don't see her wearing a tiara to avoid comparisons to Kate. If there were a family tiara from James side or some other appropriate connection then maybe. The brides of aristocracy generally have a real family heirloom to borrow - I just don't see Pippa wearing a 'crystal' tiara.

It would not surprise me if she were to wear a diamond brooch or jeweled hair pins in her hair - some kind of real bling. Also I expect her to 'borrow' Kate's wedding earrings since they are the acorns of the Middleton family crest.

Interesting. Pippa had her own diamond acorn leaf earrings at the royal wedding, do you think Catherine will borrow those and they'll just pull a switch?

http://www.richard-designs.com/assets/homepage/pippa-middleton-jewellery.jpg

That I did not realize. But I don't believe an outdoor affair suits a tiara. J MO. I also like the glass enclosure instead of tent. Saw one and they had lovely drapes on ceilings to off set glaring sun and heat, with them cascading down wall to make a lovely setting. Wood flooring made a really nice area. Perfect for a bit of privacy when a home will not accommodate all those people and still want it as private as possible and convenient for those attending. I know weddings now are many times affairs in other countries or on islands in the Caribbean which requires additional costs and not always convenient to others.

The actual wedding is inside the church. Not outside. The marquee is for the reception.

Does anyone have her email? Because paratroopers in monkey suits sounds like an idea she should really know about. Osipi, I adore you. :flowers:
A Planet of the Apes theme..love it!
:lol:

The actual wedding is inside the church. Not outside. The marquee is for the reception.

It sounds like the reception might be inside too, at the Englefield House. The marquee might just be for the evening party.

I think a lot of people forget she isn't a member of the RF so I do wonder why there is a thread about her wedding on a royal forum

There are many threads about people who are in some way connected to royalty, even if they are not royal themselves.

People have an interest in Pippa, and in her wedding. That is evident by the number of posts about it.

:flowers:

There are many threads about people who are in some way connected to royalty, even if they are not royal themselves.

People have an interest in Pippa, and in her wedding. That is evident by the number of posts about it.

:flowers:

True. Diana's siblings all have threads. Camilla's kids each have a thread. Actually, it's a little strange that James Middleton doesn't have his own thread, he's gotten the short straw in comparison. :lol:

Also a 50% chance of rain on Saturday. :sad: Although they say rain is a good omen for the couple.

Well of course. I didn't think I gave the impression that the service would be in backyard. The reception is outdoors and I do hope for a lovely sunny day as will be brilliant for photos.

I am getting a bit confused over traditions. Do you in England have two events after the actual wedding? Here after wedding service there is usually a reception line leaving the church wishing happiness to new couple. Everyone then leaves for the reception hotel except bridal party who have all types of photos taken. During this time the guests are having a cocktail hour with drinks and large buffet. The bridal party will arrive later and guests will enter another room for reception. It is at that time the Bridal Party is introduced, meal served, cutting of cake, dancing for hours into the night. But from what I am reading, it seems like after an English wedding, you go from reception venue then to another place for an evening party, am I correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting a bit confused over traditions. Do you in England have two events after the actual wedding? Here after wedding service there is usually a reception line leaving the church wishing happiness to new couple. Everyone then leaves for the reception hotel except bridal party who have all types of photos taken. During this time the guests are having a cocktail hour with drinks and large buffet. The bridal party will arrive later and guests will enter another room for reception. It is at that time the Bridal Party is introduced, meal served, cutting of cake, dancing for hours into the night. But from what I am reading, it seems like after an English wedding, you go from reception venue then to another place for an evening party, am I correct?

Not in my line of tradition, we have a ceremony venue and then potentially a secondary venue for the reception afterwards. However these days is quite popular if you're not marrying in a church to have both ceremony and reception in the same place.

Photos are usually taken at the reception whilst as you says there's a cocktail hour of some sort.

IIRC at Kate's wedding they had cocktails plus a luncheon and then later a dinner/party. It was an all day thing. However it was a royal wedding and I'm guessing most brides in the UK don't follow that format.

Here you see all types of formats for weddings.

LaRae

Yeah here in Northern Ireland this tends to be the way things have been done :
- church service
- wedding reception - meal in hotel for bridal party and guests from church service
- a 'wedding party' in the same hotel at night, for further friends and family who weren't invited to the earlier proceedings - more food and drinks!

However I guess anything goes, and now things even stretch into the next day :bang::bang::bang:

Thank you all for answering my question. I recently attended my first "country" wedding and I must admit I loved it. Lovely simple church service with bride in simple white dress and men in black slacks, white shirts with carnation, while attendants in gold cocktail length dresses. Immediately went to their uncle's farm where everyone that could play an instrument played music. I was told ahead that we wear nice casual clothes. All food was laid out on huge long tables loving made by family and friends. I will admit those women can certainly cook! Dancing was a mixture of square or regular. I hear it went one until sun came back up. I left much earlier. I will fondly remember it as one of the sweetest weddings so filled with happiness and love. Nothing formal like I was taught in my day, just happy.

Well it's Stephen Glover's paper that gives Pippa's wedding 24/7 coverage.

And at the end of the day Pippa's family's money is their own. Free to spend it on whatever they like.

How is Pippa's wedding any different from Melissa Percy's? Both are private citizens. Both weddings have royals attending.

Remember Mike Tindall's words to The Telegraph "We don't care what the royals think"

One rule for Zara, another for Pippa.

Just reading the title of that link makes me cringe. It takes the cake (not the wedding cake by any means) to even fathom that a family wedding could have a detrimental impact on the "royal" children that are part of the family.

When it comes to Pippa and Jame's wedding, the people that are attending and even being in the bridal party are family and friends. Its an event where being royal takes a back seat to everything else.

Anyone that would believe this type of an article should really get in contact with me. I've a broken, old black and white TV (no remote available) I'd like to sell them for an exorbitant price with skyrocketing shipping and handling fees.

Well, the only reasonable reaction to Glover's column is to take a shower afterwards to get the slime off.

Twisting himself into knots to make sure it's clear that they're not royal while holding them responsible for not behaving like royalty should. :bang:

Well, it's their money.
And they can spend it any way they like.

This isn't the most lavish wedding by a long shot.
So I don't see any problem.

A few years ago my niece's wedding was multiple events. Her husband's dad was a minister and the wedding was at his church with a church reception with punch and cake for their wedding guests and church congregation. Then the friends and family drove to an event center for dinner and dancing (and more cake.) I think mulitiple receptions generally come about from needing to have something for a large group of guests, then a larger reception for closer friends and family.

There's an (now old) attitude by many in the media that the Middleton's are living beyond their means and acting to royal. Some folks just don't like that this family is able to put on a wedding on this scale. It's their money, Pippa is marrying a wealthy man. They can put on the kind of wedding they want.

At the end of the day, everyone who have their knickers twisted, will enjoy this wedding coverage and be all over the vids and pics.

There is a show on here called Platinum Weddings. It's one of those reality type shows ..where they talk about the wedding and show all the details (dress/jewels/location/food/drink etc)..and how much they spent in total as well.

Some of those weddings go into the millions. None of them are royals or even nobles.

LaRae

I remember catching that show every now and then and was amazed at how much lavishness and luxury some couples put into their wedding day.

What Pippa and James are doing isn't that far removed from what a lot of other people are doing. They're having their day the way they want it to be and that's how it should be. I don't see the Middletons or Jame's family or anyone that has to foot the bill begrudging the money they're spending on this wedding so why should we or anyone in the media?

It would have been neat to see paratroopers in monkey suits descending with SWAG bags though I thinks. Get everyone's tongues wagging full pelt. :cool:

I know! I remember thinking..those earrings would pay off my house!

I think the wedding will be tasteful and more Traditional than anything. Not going to see anything gaudy.

It's their money...no one else's business how they spend it IMO.

LaRae

I honestly think it's just shock. I mean erecting a tent is one thing, but erecting a building? If the estimate is right, actual houses can be built for that much.

As tasteful as it is, it is extravagant. They could have rented a fancy party space for less than they are paying. If the other totals are close to true, this is the perfect example of extravagance.

That said this is theur wedding. They are private citizens and it is their money. If they want to have a circus and Pippa ride in on an elephant, that is their choice. Well and their families footing the bill. All I can say is hope that building had fans because it will get hot. That and I hope they have a good day.

As for the three events I guess it's the same as a cocktail party in reverse. Cocktail parties before the reception are becoming popular here. But only at more expensive weddings it seems. There is often just a break between the two, when people are free to go what they want, while the pictures are done. The time may be even longer if wedding early in day. Nor is it common to invite people to only certain events. Other then sometimes kids not being invited to reception, if invited to ceremony invited to all. Only time I have seen only invited to parts is big Indian weddings when there are several days of events.

Last edited:
3 years ago a friend had her 2 daughters marry 2 months apart one was a normal wedding the other a 2day extravaganza guess witch married is over and witch one is happy. Just saying all the money and carry on doesn't make a marriage a happy ever after I really hope they have a happy marriage

I think with the recent rash of having to have a wedding planner, everything just right and it sets the stage for a true to form Bridezilla, its not an unusual thought during all the prep and decisions and swatches and things that go bump in the night that a couple will wish they had just eloped in the first place.

So far, I think Pippa's wedding is right on par of what I expected it to be. Not a shabby affair but then again, not over the top in a "look at me" manner. If Kate had never met and married William, I imagine that Pippa's wedding day would be exactly the same as its planned to be now. It wouldn't catch the notice of anyone outside of those that actually know Pippa and James and their families and friends.

Without a rash of scandal and bad behavior going on in the royal family, the media has to have someone to grumble about and right now, it seems that Pippa's in their line of sight.

Not much longer and it'll be a wedding in the past and the media will run out of stories to print about it.

The media was always going to beat down on the Middleton's over this wedding. They will do the same when James marry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom