Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably all we can surmise is that Pippa won't be wearing a dress that mirrors those worn by herself and Kate back in 2011. However glittery the comparison, she will want her own moment, not a second hand one.

In some ways I feel a measure of sympathy for her. Yes, this may be seen as the wedding of the year, but only because of who she is related to. It has nothing to do with either of them really.

Same situation sans Kate, possibly would have made the media goss sheets via Spencer attending his brother's wedding, or not.

But it's her wedding and she's a private citizen. Why should 'people' be a concern? The other was at the wedding of a future Queen, wasn't that the issue? :flowers:

Yes however very few women are in a position like she is...bridesmaid to a future Queen in a wedding watched by millions...and then the world exploding in commentary about the dress she wore.

Most women want their wedding dress to be unique and individual, not something someone sees and says oh yeah that looks like the dress she wore to this event etc.

LaRae

I really hope she doesn't wear a strapless dress, I'm so tired of seeing them. They rarely flatter the bride, either.
Nor do I think she'd wear anything reminiscent of that notorious bridesmaid dress.

I'm still wishing she'd wear a color other than white, or at least augment the white with another color. It would be different, and she could have her bridesmaids in white for the contrast.

Some of the blush colors, champagne colors are gorgeous and she could pull those off I think.

LaRae

Some of the blush colors, champagne colors are gorgeous and she could pull those off I think.

LaRae

I've seen some some gorgeous smoky-gray gowns. They look lovely, as do the blush colors.

One thing I seriously doubt we'll see Pippa in is something that could be classified as a Gone With The Wind inspired dress such as this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gon...7AkIOw&biw=1097&bih=555#imgrc=pwBFLVeYfpfKIM:

Pippa doesn't seem to be a person attracted to a lot of button and bows and frills and sparklies. I expect her dress to be of a more sedate nature but yet flattering to her figure.

We'll know soon enough I guess. :D

I think it will be something modern, nothing frilly or poofy....maybe even retro.

Will see soon!

LaRae

One thing I seriously doubt we'll see Pippa in is something that could be classified as a Gone With The Wind inspired dress such as this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gon...7AkIOw&biw=1097&bih=555#imgrc=pwBFLVeYfpfKIM:

Oh good grief. Some of those dresses are a horror for a bride. I agree I can't picture Pippa in anything so outlandish. I personally would love to see her in a traditional white gown that is cut on the bias to resemble a classic upscale look. No huge shirt that is overdone but one that hangs because the fabric is perfect.

I do feel sorry for her in a way. This is an event that she wanted private and family oriented and she has to put up with all this crap and smile along with it just because her sister married royalty. The media made her family and herself into social climbing pariahs which has never been proven in any sense of their actions. Even her husband has been known to their family for donkey's years so people can't say her sister's influence bought her a spouse. Carol has done what all proper mothers do and helps her daughter with the care of the grandchildren when needed. Media maliciously found fault with even that. Tough. Carol decent mother and never retaliated in kind. I actually hope that the only photos that are permitted to be published will be the two or three professional formal ones, if that is exactly what Pippa wants. It is her day, not a national event for people to find fault with her and nastily critique every dress, flower or hat. JMHO

Definitely no gone with the wind. Or anything like either her sisters or the one she wore to her sisters.

Either very sleek and modern, or if retro, still thinking early like Gatsby seems to flatter her figure and fits with her style.

I don't see her going as far as grey, but something like champagne or blush would be great.

I don't see her going as far as grey, but something like champagne or blush would be great.

Yes, that would work very well.

As for something sleek, if as rumored, Giles Deacon is the designer, he seems to go for a very opulent theatrical look.

:previous: Another pathetic attempt at DM trying to make news :bang:

The list of assumptions is mind boggling. The prices are based on them using the same everything from the royal wedding. Same hairdressers, bridesmaud dresses (claiming three adult bridesmaids), florist, baker, caterer. The full choir hired for the church, six person string quartet for drinks, the DJ for dancing.

Not saying it won't be highly expensive, will, but this total :lol:

If you look at pictures from weddings the royals have attended, very few bridal dresses have been strapless. Even Natasha Archer's actual wedding dress was not strapless.
I think Pippa will go strapless for her reception dress but not the actual ceremony.
Some have an artfully attached bolero, often made of lace and with either short, three-quarter or full sleeves that actually looks like part of the actual gown and are able to detach them for later. That is always provided they are going to wear the wedding dress to the reception.

Isn't it odd that wearing one gown on your wedding day is something that people who can't afford two wear or conversely someone who is very important, such as royal heirs. Mary, Mette-Marit and Victoria all wore their wedding gowns (minus detachable trains) for the reception and up to and including the traditional wedding waltz. Probably because they were filmed up to that point. After? Who knows if they changed but I shouldn't think it would be worth it for time.

Isn't it odd that wearing one gown on your wedding day is something that people who can't afford two wear or conversely someone who is very important, such as royal heirs. Mary, Mette-Marit and Victoria all wore their wedding gowns (minus detachable trains) for the reception and up to and including the traditional wedding waltz. Probably because they were filmed up to that point. After? Who knows if they changed but I shouldn't think it would be worth it for time.

You took facts from context. Mary, Mette-Marit and Victoria married in early evening. British weddings usually is day-time events.

:previous: No, not out of context because I was using the European royals merely as examples as naming an unknown couple would have been pointless. However, Catherine had a separate gown for the evening because after the formal reception followed the return to the Palace. The bride and groom returned to Clarance House until evening when the POW hosted a private black tie dinner at Buckingham Palance for their closer friends which was followed by dancing.

Conversely, while I thought CP Victoria had one gown, I know her sister wore a second gown. A gorgeous vintage Valentino white evening gown that her mother had worn to the Nobels some fifteen odd years ago. In which case, Victoria et al may indeed have all had two gowns. We just didn't see them.

:previous: No, not out of context because I was using the European royals merely as examples as naming an unknown couple would have been pointless. However, Catherine had a separate gown for the evening because after the formal reception followed the return to the Palace. The bride and groom returned to Clarance House until evening when the POW hosted a private black tie dinner at Buckingham Palance for their closer friends which was followed by dancing.

Conversely, while I thought CP Victoria had one gown, I know her sister wore a second gown. A gorgeous vintage Valentino white evening gown that her mother had worn to the Nobels some fifteen odd years ago. In which case, Victoria et al may indeed have all had two gowns. We just didn't see them.
The tv transmissions from the weddings of both Victoria & Mary went on to around midnight with the brides in their wedding dresses & veils at the time the cameras was turned off. I doubt theyd bother to change that late.

Pippa Middleton and James pictured ahead of weddding | Daily Mail Online

What a ridiculous article!

Well, Pippa does take his arm at one point. I guess in DM terms, that translates to hands all over each other!
poorly written articles.
I agree. Hands All Over Each Other. Silly comment. Couples of decades together touch each other in public the same or more for heaven sake especially when comfortable and caring. Some of the reporters really need mental care for their goofy remarks to locate exactly why they are the way the are. Scary at times

There are many couples that have married that the bride has changed from the wedding gown to a reception gown. There are many couples where the bride wears her wedding gown for everything. Its just a matter of choice. No big deal.

There are couples that go all out and spend sometimes beyond their means for that one special day and there are couples that don't. The amount spent does not make any wedding better than another. My oldest son's wedding was more extravagant than my youngest son's wedding but what matters is that the marriages are enduring ones. Weddings are the celebration of a couple's relationship and marriage and a one time thing. The marriage is what really matters in the long run. :D

I've been wondering what Kate and Meghan will wear to the wedding?
Something pastel? Or neutral?

Hat or fascinator?

Meghan would look good in a shade of blue- Turquoise?

I think Kate will be in a pastel colour with fascinator, perhaps pale blue or pink. Since it won't be exactly blazing sunshine in May she may opt for a dress and coat combination.

According to Lainey, Toronto-based gossip page, Meghan's had fittings for a couple of outfits. Of course, it depends on what part of the ceremony she is going to. If it's the full monty, ceremony, reception and party, she'll probably take advice about British wedding wear and opt for a jacket, dress and hat. I hope she wears a strong colour or even monochrome shade and a hat rather than fascinator.

I think both women will go for a long but informal gown for the evening party.

I'm wondering if Pippa is now wishing she'd chosen a different church for the ceremony?
I think she expected the wedding to be rather low-key and now it's spiraling out of control , so much larger than they'd planned that they have to cram people into the vestry.

If she had it to do over, I believe she'd pick a larger church, even if it would not be as private.

What a shame everyone should have the wedding they want. People are going a touch crazy in MO.

If she had it to do over, I believe she'd pick a larger church, even if it would not be as private.

Heck, I bet if she had it to do over, it would have been only family and personal close friends on a private island after telling media the wedding would be in July!

Whatever happens Pippa will get blamed for

1. Wrong dress
2. Wrong attendents
3. Poor media coverage
4 Appearance/no appearance of Merkle
5 Anything else including global warming and the run on the £

Everything we have read has never been confirmed within the Middleton family. All that has happened is that the press have run roughshod over a private couples wedding plans and a bunch of overexcited H/M fans have done the same.

Bride and Groom are all that matters.

Enough - please.

I hope the bride and groom have a lovely wedding as it is their special day. However, it wasn't until the official statement from Kensington Palace about Pippa's wedding that stated William, Catherine, their children and Harry would be attending did it seem, IMO, to take a private celebration to something more public. Last year, I remember reading about the wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull where Prince Charles gave away the bride and the Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended, it seemed like a private wedding attended by senior members of BRF. I don't recall an official statement from BP or Clarence House in the manner of the KP release about Pippa's wedding.

:previous:

I didn't think the official response from KP mentioned Harry - I've checked and cant find it.

KP said that George and Charlotte were taking part as far as I can see.

And KP certainly haven't mentioned Meghan and the wedding. All speculation from the media

I hope the bride and groom have a lovely wedding as it is their special day. However, it wasn't until the official statement from Kensington Palace about Pippa's wedding that stated William, Catherine, their children and Harry would be attending did it seem, IMO, to take a private celebration to something more public. Last year, I remember reading about the wedding of Alexandra Knatchbull where Prince Charles gave away the bride and the Queen and other members of the Royal Family attended, it seemed like a private wedding attended by senior members of BRF. I don't recall an official statement from BP or Clarence House in the manner of the KP release about Pippa's wedding.

I agree that official statement should never happened. I hope she has a lovely wedding but for goodness sake she is not royal why KP are saying anything is strange to me.

I agree. Royals attend weddings on a regular basis. There never seemed a need to announce before. And if anything it adds more crazy press, more talk about Meghan, and of course press wanting pics of the kids.

The press release only happened because the Cambridge's, Prince Harry are attending and Prince George and Princess Charlotte are officially taking part in the wedding. Otherwise KP wouldn't said anything about it. I think people misunderstand stood the reasoning behind the short press briefing. It wasnt a major public statement. It was just to inform the press.

The press is briefed on senior royal attendance to weddings. It's the main reason why the media is able to write articles about upcoming society weddings. It's a major thing when the royals attend weddings. And the press is always present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom