The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868


The article does not even say if she was a guest of the owner of the helicopter company or if she and her friends rented the aircraft... Where's the problem, anyway? Using a copter to come to locations off the beaten track is standard in Scotland as there are not many good roads once you leave the coasts. The difference between Pippa and Prince Andrew is the fact that Andrew used public funding to fly to private events while Pippa either payed herself or was a guest of the owner of the aircraft.
__________________

  #162  
Old 06-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,408
Pippa Middleton is still dating nice guy Alex Loudon | Mail Online
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #163  
Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The difference between Pippa and Prince Andrew is the fact that Andrew used public funding to fly to private events while Pippa either payed herself or was a guest of the owner of the aircraft.
Exact Kataryn, if ain't my money, not my business, she could have arrived by Apollo 13 for all I care. Some will always find a reason to moan.
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #164  
Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post


The article does not even say if she was a guest of the owner of the helicopter company or if she and her friends rented the aircraft... Where's the problem, anyway? Using a copter to come to locations off the beaten track is standard in Scotland as there are not many good roads once you leave the coasts. The difference between Pippa and Prince Andrew is the fact that Andrew used public funding to fly to private events while Pippa either payed herself or was a guest of the owner of the aircraft.
Agreed. When William and Harry flew the helicopter to the stag party (Peter Phillips?) or William landed one in Catherine's parent's garden - I can see the uproar, but Pippa is a private citizen and used no taxpayer money. I wouldn't be surprised if the charity paid for it, though, as having her compete put their cause in the headlines.
Now if Prince Harry had been flying the helicopter, that would be news.
I'm wondering if George Percy is one of those guys - you know, the ones who have a crush on you, would do anything for you and kind of hang around, hoping you'll be interested in being more than friends - sort of ready to pounce if your current boyfriend doesn't work out.
I've read conflicting reports that she dated George Percy in the past and that she didn't date him, but actually dated his current roommate back when they shared the flat.
  #165  
Old 06-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Great job, Pippa. A 50 mile run and bike race is grueling and she did it by finishing in top 15 of the women.

If she wants to hire a helicopter rather than sitting hours in a car that should be her business. And why not wear eye make-up. There was no doubt she would be photographed so why not look her best.
  #166  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,807
I read that Pippa was seen looking at new flats in London.
I believe her current place is really a pied a terre used by the Middleton family when they are in the city.

(This might support the rumor that she'll soon get engaged to Alex Loudon, but on the other hand, she was accompanied by George Percy- again). I wonder what's going on.
  #167  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,435


Hi, Mirabel,
but I red in German society magazins, that she split with Alex Loudon (to be free for Gorge Percy?)!
BYe Bine
  #168  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Agreed. When William and Harry flew the helicopter to the stag party (Peter Phillips?) or William landed one in Catherine's parent's garden - I can see the uproar, but Pippa is a private citizen and used no taxpayer money. I wouldn't be surprised if the charity paid for it, though, as having her compete put their cause in the headlines.
Now if Prince Harry had been flying the helicopter, that would be news.
I'm wondering if George Percy is one of those guys - you know, the ones who have a crush on you, would do anything for you and kind of hang around, hoping you'll be interested in being more than friends - sort of ready to pounce if your current boyfriend doesn't work out.
I've read conflicting reports that she dated George Percy in the past and that she didn't date him, but actually dated his current roommate back when they shared the flat.
I believe he was a flatmate when she dated that Jardine person (not sure of the full name at this moment).
__________________
.

  #169  
Old 06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Basket-weaving.. err.. I mean Liberal arts..
Underwater or ex-terra? LOL!!!
  #170  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,408
Pippa Middleton and Prince Harry on the verge of becoming an item? | Mail Online
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #171  
Old 06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Good grief! This newspaper (and I use the term very loosely) doesn't really know where or when to stop.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #172  
Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,829
Billed-Bladet - Se Pippa i aktion i det skotske højland
wow she arrrives in helicopter, well I suppose now she is in high profile, i wonder who paiid for the helicopter?
__________________
Ashelen
  #173  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,807

Stories like this are popping up everywhere!
Based on nothing more than a few encounters (and probably wishful thinking).

Still, suppose there's something in all this speculation.
What does everyone think?
Would Pippa be a better choice of wife for Harry than Chelsy would?
  #174  
Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Pippa Middleton Proves Breakup Rumors to Be False With a Night at Alex Loudon's

Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon Pictures Together in London
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #175  
Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Pippa Middleton Proves Breakup Rumors to Be False With a Night at Alex Loudon's

Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon Pictures Together in London
I think Alex and Pippa have had some problems in their relation,that is normal for any couple in a critical moment-to decide how to go further
  #176  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:47 AM
free2rhyme's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Posts: 220
Pippa was spotted out shopping...................again.....

June 23:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/117313224/FilmMagic
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/117313211/FilmMagic

June 1 (she does seem to enjoy the attention):
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/115979809/FilmMagic
__________________
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." ~Gracie Allen~ Actress, Comedienne, Singer, and Dancer (1895-1964).
  #177  
Old 06-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Pippa was spotted out shopping...................again.....

June 23:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

June 1 (she does seem to enjoy the attention):
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Well the young lady with Pippa has apparently been doing some shopping but I'm not seeing bags and bundles in Pippa's arms. Maybe Pippa is just going along with her friend????

It seems not many are really interested in the "old nobility". I guess there a few that follow the Bourbons and Habsburgs which is nice for them nice they've all lost their "kingdoms".
  #178  
Old 06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
free2rhyme's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Posts: 220
Here is an old interview with Pippa:
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...ddleton-02.jpg
__________________
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." ~Gracie Allen~ Actress, Comedienne, Singer, and Dancer (1895-1964).
  #179  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 AM
expat's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Well the young lady with Pippa has apparently been doing some shopping but I'm not seeing bags and bundles in Pippa's arms. Maybe Pippa is just going along with her friend????

It seems not many are really interested in the "old nobility". I guess there a few that follow the Bourbons and Habsburgs which is nice for them nice they've all lost their "kingdoms".
Well the Borbons certainly have a Crown.
  #180  
Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Pippa Middleton Proves Breakup Rumors to Be False With a Night at Alex Loudon's

Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon Pictures Together in London
They don't seem together in the picture, though.
It's like two separate photos were placed together or something.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews: May 20, 2017 Spheno Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 458 09-10-2017 04:10 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events cymry denmark duchess of brabant earl of snowdon fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia italy iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein lord snowdon monarchy news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen silvia soderberg spanish royal family state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises