The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Royal Highness

The article does not even say if she was a guest of the owner of the helicopter company or if she and her friends rented the aircraft... Where's the problem, anyway? Using a copter to come to locations off the beaten track is standard in Scotland as there are not many good roads once you leave the coasts. The difference between Pippa and Prince Andrew is the fact that Andrew used public funding to fly to private events while Pippa either payed herself or was a guest of the owner of the aircraft.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton is still dating nice guy Alex Loudon | Mail Online

Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The difference between Pippa and Prince Andrew is the fact that Andrew used public funding to fly to private events while Pippa either payed herself or was a guest of the owner of the aircraft.
Exact Kataryn, if ain't my money, not my business, she could have arrived by Apollo 13 for all I care. Some will always find a reason to moan.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post

The article does not even say if she was a guest of the owner of the helicopter company or if she and her friends rented the aircraft... Where's the problem, anyway? Using a copter to come to locations off the beaten track is standard in Scotland as there are not many good roads once you leave the coasts. The difference between Pippa and Prince Andrew is the fact that Andrew used public funding to fly to private events while Pippa either payed herself or was a guest of the owner of the aircraft.
Agreed. When William and Harry flew the helicopter to the stag party (Peter Phillips?) or William landed one in Catherine's parent's garden - I can see the uproar, but Pippa is a private citizen and used no taxpayer money. I wouldn't be surprised if the charity paid for it, though, as having her compete put their cause in the headlines.
Now if Prince Harry had been flying the helicopter, that would be news.
I'm wondering if George Percy is one of those guys - you know, the ones who have a crush on you, would do anything for you and kind of hang around, hoping you'll be interested in being more than friends - sort of ready to pounce if your current boyfriend doesn't work out.
I've read conflicting reports that she dated George Percy in the past and that she didn't date him, but actually dated his current roommate back when they shared the flat.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great job, Pippa. A 50 mile run and bike race is grueling and she did it by finishing in top 15 of the women.

If she wants to hire a helicopter rather than sitting hours in a car that should be her business. And why not wear eye make-up. There was no doubt she would be photographed so why not look her best.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I read that Pippa was seen looking at new flats in London.
I believe her current place is really a pied a terre used by the Middleton family when they are in the city.

(This might support the rumor that she'll soon get engaged to Alex Loudon, but on the other hand, she was accompanied by George Percy- again). I wonder what's going on.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Hi, Mirabel,
but I red in German society magazins, that she split with Alex Loudon (to be free for Gorge Percy?)!
BYe Bine
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Agreed. When William and Harry flew the helicopter to the stag party (Peter Phillips?) or William landed one in Catherine's parent's garden - I can see the uproar, but Pippa is a private citizen and used no taxpayer money. I wouldn't be surprised if the charity paid for it, though, as having her compete put their cause in the headlines.
Now if Prince Harry had been flying the helicopter, that would be news.
I'm wondering if George Percy is one of those guys - you know, the ones who have a crush on you, would do anything for you and kind of hang around, hoping you'll be interested in being more than friends - sort of ready to pounce if your current boyfriend doesn't work out.
I've read conflicting reports that she dated George Percy in the past and that she didn't date him, but actually dated his current roommate back when they shared the flat.
I believe he was a flatmate when she dated that Jardine person (not sure of the full name at this moment).

Old 06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Basket-weaving.. err.. I mean Liberal arts..
Underwater or ex-terra? LOL!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pippa Middleton and Prince Harry on the verge of becoming an item? | Mail Online
Old 06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Majesty

Good grief! This newspaper (and I use the term very loosely) doesn't really know where or when to stop.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Billed-Bladet - Se Pippa i aktion i det skotske højland
wow she arrrives in helicopter, well I suppose now she is in high profile, i wonder who paiid for the helicopter?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Stories like this are popping up everywhere!
Based on nothing more than a few encounters (and probably wishful thinking).

Still, suppose there's something in all this speculation.
What does everyone think?
Would Pippa be a better choice of wife for Harry than Chelsy would?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Pippa Middleton Proves Breakup Rumors to Be False With a Night at Alex Loudon's

Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon Pictures Together in London
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

I think Alex and Pippa have had some problems in their relation,that is normal for any couple in a critical moment-to decide how to go further
Old 06-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

Pippa was spotted out shopping...................again.....

June 23:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/117313224/FilmMagic
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/117313211/FilmMagic

June 1 (she does seem to enjoy the attention):
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/115979809/FilmMagic
Old 06-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
Pippa was spotted out shopping...................again.....

June 23:

June 1 (she does seem to enjoy the attention):
Well the young lady with Pippa has apparently been doing some shopping but I'm not seeing bags and bundles in Pippa's arms. Maybe Pippa is just going along with her friend????

It seems not many are really interested in the "old nobility". I guess there a few that follow the Bourbons and Habsburgs which is nice for them nice they've all lost their "kingdoms".
Old 06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

Here is an old interview with Pippa:
http://www.princess-diana-remembered...ddleton-02.jpg
Old 06-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Well the young lady with Pippa has apparently been doing some shopping but I'm not seeing bags and bundles in Pippa's arms. Maybe Pippa is just going along with her friend????

It seems not many are really interested in the "old nobility". I guess there a few that follow the Bourbons and Habsburgs which is nice for them nice they've all lost their "kingdoms".
Well the Borbons certainly have a Crown.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

They don't seem together in the picture, though.
It's like two separate photos were placed together or something.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton