Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, KP released this information because this is an event where William, Catherine, Harry and the Cambridge kids will be attending and participating in. That's the only reason why they gave this info to the press. Other than that, KP really don't comment on private citizens.

I think the Palace did the same thing when Charles and Diana attended Charles Spencer's wedding and the weddings where William and Harry participated in as kids.

Why should this fall back on the Middletons? They didn't force KP to issue a press release, so I don't see how this could get twisted into social climbing material.

Royal journalists on twitter are already grumbling about KP doing press releases for the "non royal" Middletons.

Folks, KP released this information because this is an event where William, Catherine, Harry and the Cambridge kids will be attending and participating in. That's the only reason why they gave this info to the press. Other than that, KP really don't comment on private citizens.

I think the Palace did the same thing when Charles and Diana attended Charles Spencer's wedding and the weddings where William and Harry participated in as kids.

I don't remember them releasing a press statement for this, though it's possible, I didn't follow the royals as closely back then. I hope they didn't or I can't write this off as a one time mistake.

It's just sad when KP doesn't know what it's doing.;)

I don't remember them releasing a press statement for this, though it's possible, I didn't follow the royals as closely back then. I hope they didn't or I can't write this off as a one time mistake.

It's not a full press release but facts and info. I think people should calm down, because although this is a private Middleton and Matthews family event, senior royals will be in attendance. There will also be media present. This is nothing new and people seem to be losing their minds.

What did people expect if the Cambridge's, Harry and the kids attending and participating?

It's not a full press release but facts and info. I think people should calm down, because although this is a private Middleton and Matthews family event, senior royals will be in attendance. There will also be media present. This is nothing new and people seem to be losing their minds.

What did people expect if the Cambridge's, Harry and the kids attending and participating?
Exactly. It's not unusual for press to be informed that such and such will attend a funeral etc, even when they are not there in official capacity. But because it involves the middletons people make it a bigger deal than it is.

It's just sad when KP doesn't know what it's doing.;)

I think KP know exactly what they are doing. This is an event in which there is a lot of public interest, especially relating to the roles of G&C. By putting the announcement out, they have ended all speculation.

Let's face it, this will be the most talked about wedding until Harry ties the knot.

Much more interest for Pippa's wedding than for Bea or Eug. I think it's best to just inform the press who's attending and get it over with.

This way if photos get leaked, it won't come as a complete shock.

I don't see how releasing this information is any different from them releasing information about Royals attending memorial services like we just saw with Lord Snowdon or the Duke of Westminster. Both of those events were private events but it was announced that royals were attending prior to the event

Royal journalists on twitter are already grumbling about KP doing press releases for the "non royal" Middletons.

I'm sure they are (they grumble about a lot of things), but this shouldn't be put on the Middleton family, or used as "proof" that they are social climbers.

This is a press notice to the media (not public) explaining that there will be a media facility at the wedding.

Imagine the scrum if there wasn't.

Security is going to be tight.

So not your usual family wedding really.

I don't see how releasing this information is any different from them releasing information about Royals attending memorial services like we just saw with Lord Snowdon or the Duke of Westminster. Both of those events were private events but it was announced that royals were attending prior to the event

No different. It just gives people something to moan about

Last edited:
This is a press notice to the media (not public) explaining that there will be a media facility at the wedding.

Imagine the scrum if there wasn't.

Security is going to be tight.

So not your usual family wedding really.

It's very exciting to hear there will be a media facility at the wedding- that makes it sound like Pippa is acknowledging the reality that the public is interested in her wedding and working with the media to accommodate that in the best way possible. I hope this means we get some nice pictures of arrivals and departures, and that the reception, etc stay private as that's probably what they'd like.

No different. It just gives people something to moan about

And moan they will!

I just read this on the DM site- and the comments are filled with people screaming Nobody cares! This isn't news and Pippa isn't royal!

And yet-This was just announced and there are nearly 300 commentsalready! How many will there by by the end of the day?

It's just funny how many people take the time to read and post comments about an event they are so uninterested in. :lol:

I've gone from aghast to highly amused, part of the 5 stages of surprise maybe?

We didn't get press releases for which royals would be attending the Christenings of Savannah, Isla, and Mia but for this we do. :lol: We don't even know their godparents.

I will get a good chuckle when going forward KP will have to field media questions over engagement rumors of James Middleton and other personal Middleton family milestones. KP will grumble and say "no comment", but really the fault is their own.

I'm now kinda hoping KP releases Pippa's wedding photos through their Twitter. If you're in for half go for whole. It would be funny.

I will get a good chuckle when going forward KP will have to field media questions over engagement rumors of James Middleton and other personal Middleton family milestones. KP will grumble and say "no comment", but really the fault is their own.

My POV is that KP was simply sick of being asked about it. So they decided to confirm in hopes of getting a little peace.

I guess Pippa had 2 options. Involve the press and have a semblance of order, or try and freeze out the press and have a free for all.

I think there is really no winning for Pippa. If she tries to ignore the press, reporters will moan. Now she's trying to involve the press, people are moaning.

All I care is that George and Charlotte are acting as page boy and bridesmaid respectively. It would be great if we can receive photos of them since critics are always grumbling that William and Kate never releases photo of their children [emoji849]

When it comes to Pippa and James' wedding day, the only thing I hope for it that the day is exactly as they want it to be. A celebration of their love for each other and their friends and family. They're really all that matter.

The public, the media, the weather and the gossip columnist trying to make a fast buck are all purely externals and do not matter. I'm just hoping for a smooth sailing day and that everything goes happily according to plan (with maybe a few cute mishaps by cute little kids that just happen to make the day).

KP announced the attendance of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, with Prince George being a pageboy and Princess Charlotte a bridesmaid.

There will be a media facility to help accommodate the intense press interest.

Not sure what people wanted, but this seems like a reasonable accommodation.

It looks like Laura Lopes' and Melissa Percy's weddings - a lot of pics outside and privacy inside.

We already have a preview of what type of photos we are going to get from last Christmas. It's the same church.

Did anyone actually find the press release from KP that the press is saying went out? I looked earlier and could not find it.
Was it released and then yanked off the appropriate sites? Was it ever released?
I can find numerous press outlets saying there was a PR from KP - but no actual PR?

We already have a preview of what type of photos we are going to get from last Christmas. It's the same church.

Not entirely. Christmas was general mass, open to parishioners and their families. Security would be more lax. This is a private wedding.

George no surprise. Little surprised by Charlotte, she will be bareky two. The three year olds at Kate's seemed just old enough.

Wonder if they will all be young. Kate had a range. I don't know about any other friends, but I know her friend Alice has a daughter Rose who is a year or so older than George (mentioned as possible okay date for George).

The people at Church at Christmas didn't take photos during the service. What we saw was walking from the car to the door and then the reverse door to car. That's basically what we see at these society weddings the arrivals and departures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom