Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's interesting looking back in hindsight. While dating Nico, she was photographed with James Matthews almost as much as she was photographed with Nico. Sometimes all 3 would even be photographed together. :lol:

Here's the trio in 2014 in Istanbul with Pippa's back to the camera http://c8.alamy.com/comp/E546HB/ist...es-middleton-on-board-the-boat-the-E546HB.jpg. Not only a very strong friendship but there clearly was still unresolved feeling between Pippa and James or they wouldn't have gotten back together immediately after she split from Nico.

Oooh, would love to have been a fly-on-the-tent-wall in that picture. ;) :flowers:

Last edited:
I'm just glad the church is on a private estate. Hopefully, will help keep the dreaded tabloids at bay.

I'm just glad the church is on a private estate. Hopefully, will help keep the dreaded tabloids at bay.

Yep. I also think it helps that the estate is owned by a friend of Pippa's so he'll probably be extra accommodating to whatever Pippa wants for the day.

NOTHING will keep the tabloids at bay, if they have to tunnel underground or hire parachutists.

They know articles about the Middletons are clickbait.
The photogs who took 400 pictures of Pippa walking around are not going to miss out on her wedding, no matter what they have to do.

NOTHING will keep the tabloids at bay, if they have to tunnel underground or hire parachutists.

The photogs who took 400 pictures of Pippa walking around are not going to miss out on her wedding, no matter what they have to do.

The estate belongs to a friend of the Middletons who also happens to be a Member of Parliament.

I think security will be tight.

I'm a little afraid over what kind of illegal tactics they'll try.

Reading your "hire parachutists" quip, it reminded me of the stunt The Daily Fail pulled with Princess Eugenie's 25th birthday extravaganza. The party took place in the Royal Lodge so the tabloids were only left with car pictures of people driving up the public part of the road, so the desperate DM hired a helicopter to illegally fly over and photograph the events. It was nice to see the Mail get legally spanked.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...s-seven-dwarves-party-leads-to-daily-mail-rap

There will certainly be media interest in Pippa's wedding. However the 400 photos figure (of Pippa) which was quoted in earlier posts was from the Leveson Inquiry which began in 2011 and was completed in 2012.

This was at the time of the Royal Wedding and the press furore about Pippa the bridesmaid's behind as she went down the aisle, a time when she was a new media personality supposedly an interest of Harry's, (rumours of secret dates etc for a short time) and then Earl Percy after the romance with Alec broke up and when Press interest was at its height (even though they were just great friends.)

I believe that the Press interest in Pippa is not at the fever pitch it was when those hundreds of photos were being taken each month. Papparazi are no longer as prevalent as they were then, for a start.

Roya Nikkhah‏ @RoyaNikkhah
Prince George will be a page boy and Princess Charlotte will be a bridesmaid at Pippa Middleton & James Matthews' wedding KP have confirmed

The wedding will take place at St Mark's Church on the morning of May 20th with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry attending

Last edited:
I believe that the Press interest in Pippa is not at the fever pitch it was when those hundreds of photos were being taken each month. Papparazi are no longer as prevalent as they were then, for a start.

Perhaps not.

But there's been an article about Pippa's wedding in the DM practically every day lately!

(True, it's more or less the same article, but there it is).

Prince George will be a page boy and Princess Charlotte will be a bridesmaid at Pippa Middleton & James Matthews' wedding KP have confirmed

The wedding will take place at St Mark's Church on the morning of May 20th with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry attending

How odd KP felt the need to announce this...

Hmm. I haven't seen this on KP twitter. Did a KP source give her a private confirmation? I would be weird for KP to make an official statement as the bride and groom are private citizens.

Roya was wrong on almost all her godparents claims for George, so I can't help being a little unsure of her.

How odd KP felt the need to announce this...

Probably because Prince George and Princess Charlotte are part of KP

Hmm. I haven't seen this on KP twitter. Did a KP source give her a private confirmation? I would be weird for KP to make an official statement as the bride and groom are private citizens.

Roya was wrong on almost all her godparents claims for George, so I can't help being a little unsure of her.

All the royal reporters are tweeting about it

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is accurate it just proves what I have been thinking (and saying) ...Harry is gonna be there (and I think alone due to the situation) and George/Charlotte will feature as members of the wedding party. I think Kate will too (matron of honor) but then again wouldn't shock me if she wasn't due to all the hoopla that would ensue.

LaRae

All the royal reporters are tweeting about it

Are they linking to an official statement, or have they been privately informed? It just seems out of place. Did CH announce which royals would be attending Mark Shand's funeral?

Last edited:
Probably because Prince George and Princess Charlotte are part of KP

But its a private wedding. They don't put out releases when William and Harry are ushers at their friends weddings.

The only thing I can say is reporters and media outlets have said KP 'confirmed' The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the wedding and Prince George will be a pageboy and Princess Charlotte will be a bridesmaid.

If people have any issues, take it up with KP

But its a private wedding. They don't put out releases when William and Harry are ushers at their friends weddings.

It's the wedding of George and Charlotte's aunt, so that's a little different than a friend of Harry and William getting married.

There has been much discussion about whether Charlotte and George would be in the wedding and if Harry would attend, so KP obviously thought it would be better to announce that information

Hello Magazine is repeating the claims but claims it hasn't been said if the Duchess will be in the wedding. That puts the lie to rest of the story - why would KP confirm some of the family roles but not all? It doesn't make sense. For that reason, I don't think it came from anyone official.

Well, I personally think this is a bad idea. W & C & H have worked hard to draw a line between their private lives and their public lives. Now KP is making statements about something that has nothing to do with the public sphere. It's sending mixed messages.

What's next KP announces when Harry has met Meghan's parents.

The information doesn't come from a 'source' but 'KP confirms'. Every royal reporter tweeted the information at the same time.

Maybe they wanted to stop all these stupid is Meghan going to Pippa's wedding / Pippa has banned her stories. There was even a stupid story in the Sun that Kate was going to watch all kids and not even go.

The information doesn't come from a 'source' but 'KP confirms'. Every royal reporter tweeted the information at the same time.
Exactly. It wasn't "KP announces" but it was KP sending out the facts to all the royal reporters and them tweeting and reporting it.

I don't think it's super odd. Instead of having people speculating, there the facts are, done and dusted.

Well, I personally think this is a bad idea. W & C & H have worked hard to draw a line between their private lives and their public lives. Now KP is making statements about something that has nothing to do with the public sphere. It's sending mixed messages.

What's next KP announces when Harry has met Meghan's parents.

They may be planning to release photos, in which case it's good to inform the press beforehand.

I think we've exhausted the discussion regarding how long Pippa and James have been dating, so let's please move on. Also, I've deleted a number of off-topic posts, as well as a few posts trading back and forth personal insults. Let's remember to mindful of one another and to keep the thread on topic. Thanks.

Maybe they wanted to stop all these stupid is Meghan going to Pippa's wedding / Pippa has banned her stories. There was even a stupid story in the Sun that Kate was going to watch all kids and not even go.

I doubt it will stop the Meghan stories, she's not a HRH so her attendance wouldn't be mentioned by KP. If anything this will ramp up the stories now that the tabs are sure Harry will be there. Also now that the wedding has been given the official seal of KP, the tabs will be even more eager for Meghan to attend an "official" wedding.

Like I said, I don't agree with KP's choice here.

I doubt it will stop the Meghan stories, she's not a HRH so her attendance wouldn't be mentioned by KP. If anything this will ramp up the stories now that the tabs are sure Harry will be there. Also now that the wedding has been given the official seal of KP, the tabs will be even more eager for Meghan to attend an "official" wedding.

Like I said, I don't agree with KP's choice here.

Agreed. KP is setting a bad precedence here if they plan on releasing information on everything the press speculates about. IMO it just give the usual suspects more Middleton 'social climbing" material.

Why should this fall back on the Middletons? They didn't force KP to issue a press release, so I don't see how this could get used as "social climbing" material.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom