Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
James and Eugenie's time at Marlborough overlap a bit. So they may share some mutual friends. Plus we have seen them at the same events like Eugenie's costume birthday party. We don't see Pippa and Harry hanging out.

I think Harry and Kate are quite close so fully expect an invite there (as my sister's close family) from Pippa, but no further re. the RF. If Harry, then expect Meghan, they are an official package.

For example, while they all seem to move in similiar social circles I wouldn't expect to see Bea or Eugenie rolling up!

I agree on the first point. :flowers: Though I would also see them refraining from an invite, too, with Harry fully complicit. At their social level I doubt they don't consult each other on such things. But for the second point, I could see it going either way: Meghan may just be too busy with work to attend (if the chance arises) but if she makes the effort, it's a serious thing and I would start agreeing that they are looking at a long relationship (not necessarily marriage, though, I'd expect to see them living together for a year or so before that peeks over the hedge ;)).

Just because you are close to your sister in law means little. I am very close to my brother in law, closer than my sister. I have met his twin numerous times, usually at Christmas. Doesn't mean I'd invite his twin to my wedding. My brother in law yes, but not his family.

Now if there was any evidence that they socialize outside of things like parties for the Cambridges, then that may be different. But there is no evidence they do.

Nor do I think friends of siblings will be included. Like suggestions his brothers celebrity coworkers will come. Or Eugenie as she had friends in common with James Middleton.

:previous: But no one here honestly knows the relationships, how often they socialize privately, etc. Total unknown, unless someone is willing to be photographed or let slip a story.

On the whole I think they all do their best to avoid that to maintain a private life. That's how I see it, anyway. Actually, I would guess it's because Pippa's wedding will be semi-private that decisions will be made with an eye to that privacy, rather than social 'statements'.

I think a Prince is more apt to get a wedding invite than not. And his niece and nephew are participants in the ceremony ( we assume). Why wouldn't Pippa invite Harry? And if he wants to bring his girlfriend, I can't imagine that would be an issue for the Middletons.

Maybe because the church holds 150. It's not Westminster Abbey with 1000 + people. Half of the church is probably full just from family. So casual acquaintances aren't making the cut.

I think a Prince is more apt to get a wedding invite than not. And his niece and nephew are participants in the ceremony ( we assume). Why wouldn't Pippa invite Harry? And if he wants to bring his girlfriend, I can't imagine that would be an issue for the Middletons.

His niece and nephew, if they are, are involved because they are her niece and nephew. This has nothing at all to do with Harry. Everyone has two sides of their family. if you were in a wedding for your aunt on your mothers side, would you expect your dads brothers to be invited :ermm:

Neither pippa or Harry have a very private social life. Harry doesn't have a private estate to hide a party away at like Amner. If he and pippa were socializing outside Cambridge events, it would be known. Maybe not every single time but some times. There is no sign since the wedding if this happening.

The church is small. It's a stretch to think Harry will be invited just to see George be a page boy.

Hmmm not sure I would classify the brother to the future King, who's wife is also your sister, as a 'casual acquaintance'. It's not like she doesn't know Harry even if they don't hang out in public together except the formal event now and then.

LaRae

Well, his niece was a participant in her own Christening and he didn't attend. I can't see where George being a page boy at someone else's wedding would trump that.

Why would Pippa invite Harry? If she had some large venue that sat 500 people I think there's a good chance he would get a courtesy invite. But a venue of 150? Do you really believe Harry cracks the list of the top 150 people closest to Pippa and James? Has he even met James?

Pippa has a lot of friends. As we see she is a regular wedding-goer. I doubt she's even going to be able to fit in all her own friends when you take into account that James probably gets 75 of those seats for his own friends and family.

Then there are some claiming Meghan should get an invite at the expense of another one of Pippa's friends not getting invited. Has Meghan even met Pippa?

I'm afraid I don't see it from your viewpoint.

Hmmm not sure I would classify the brother to the future King, who's wife is also your sister, as a 'casual acquaintance'. It's not like she doesn't know Harry even if they don't hang out in public together except the formal event now and then.

LaRae

I don't get where William being the future king has anything to do with this. :ermm:

He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.

Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?

I don't get where William being the future king has anything to do with this. :ermm:

He is her sisters brother in law. they aren't family. And if they only see each other at the odd family party, they are little more than aquaintance so. Their siblings being married doesn't make them family or friends.

Yes, they know each other, hence aquaintances. No sign they are friends. Do you invite your brother in laws extended family?

Because her sister is married to him....

Yes her sister's BIL, whom she also knows (how well we don't know because we don't know who has visited who behind the scenes at various family things).

I don't know if he will go or not, however I would not be at all surprised for him to be invited to her wedding.

LaRae

I think the people who believe Harry and Pippa are close behind the scenes because their siblings are married, are the same people who in 2 months are going to expect Catherine and Spencer Matthews to become close just because their siblings are married. And if someday Spencer marries and Catherine doesn't attend even though Pippa's children are in the wedding, they'll make this face :ohmy:.

My brother in laws' parents were invited to my wedding. (Both BILs)

I think the future king thing is relevant in that Catherine joining the royal family was a big deal and her family needed more support during their engagement and wedding planning than is required of most people. Harry spent time with Pippa in that context.

I think it's more likely than not that Harry is invited but we'll see.

The same in my family: although we are not really close to my sister-in-laws' parents or siblings, they were invited to all of the family weddings.

I think the future king thing is relevant in that Catherine joining the royal family was a big deal and her family needed more support during their engagement and wedding planning than is required of most people. Harry spent time with Pippa in that context.

I think it's more likely than not that Harry is invited but we'll see.

He spent time with her six years ago. That's hardly any sign of a friendship. When you have limited room. Many people don't make the cut. Your actual family, and close friends come first. We know she has an extensive social circle. I highly doubt someone she has known since college will get the bump for her brother in laws brother. She only gets about 75 invites, as James gets guests too.

Under your argument, Charles and Camilla should be the ones getting invited. Yet I see no one suggesting they would.

Last edited:

The same in my family: although we are not really close to my sister-in-laws' parents or siblings, they were invited to all of the family weddings.

Out of curiosity, how large were your venues? And were you both social butterflies - like Pippa - with dozens of friends? Did you have to exclude some of your friends to invite your siblings' in-laws? Had your siblings' in-laws met the groom prior to the wedding?

Mine was 300 people. My sister married 3 years later with 175. My parents in law, insisted that not only were they to be invited, but also my husbands brother and wife. In laws are a nightmare sometimes. Mine were at all times.

Well, his niece was a participant in her own Christening and he didn't attend. I can't see where George being a page boy at someone else's wedding would trump that.

Good point. :flowers: I'd forgotten that (if I knew it to begin with). That seems like an important clue.

Well, to be honest, I would think that if anyone of William's family would be invited it would be his father and step-mother not a brother. I had a larger wedding but never entered my mind to invite my brother-in-law or sister-in-law's parents or siblings to my reception. They were not my friends or family. If my husband's parents insisted, they could have invited as part of his 125 share. My father was paying for all and his number of guest was firm. If I wasn't happy, they all knew we would just drive to Tennessee. So much nonsense from too many people would not be accepted.

Last edited:
All good points!

I do think (with no insider information!:) however!) that Harry and Kate are quite close. She's the closest he has to a sister and no doubt a partner in crime with George and Charlotte when ever they meet up in the grounds of their KP homes. Aside from their shared charity endevours.

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry at the wedding and if Harry, Meghan also.

On the flip side, the H&M mania hype may also be a major factor in their not being there!

Who knows? Apart from the peeps themselves! :lol:

All good points!

I do think (with no insider information!:) however!) that Harry and Kate are quite close. She's the closest he has to a sister and no doubt a partner in crime with George and Charlotte when ever they meet up in the grounds of their KP homes. Aside from their shared charity endevours.

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry at the wedding and if Harry, Meghan also.

On the flip side, the H&M mania hype may also be a major factor in their not being there!

Who knows? Apart from the peeps themselves! :lol:

I think Eugenie is the closest thing he has to a sister. H&E are thick as thieves.

If Harry is not there, it won't be because H&M mania was too intimidating for Pippa. It will be because Pippa and James decided other family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers play a bigger role in their lives than Catherine's brother-in-law.

I think Eugenie is the closest thing he has to a sister. H&E are thick as thieves.

Are they? Since when? We've had a decade of H&K enjoying life in the public forum. I'm sure Harry is very friendly with his cousins, but they are just that -cousins! Don't think I have seen anything that makes the York girls particularly special where the Whales boys are concerned?!

Lets face it. Harry gets along basically with everyone he meets. He's always been close with his brother and it wouldn't surprise me if that closeness carries over into a relationship with Kate as well as his niece and nephew. He's just that kind of guy.

I'm sure he's on good, friendly terms with Pippa when they've had occasions to interact but from what we see and know as the general public, there's been no indication that they're on any kind of a level other than acquaintances. I could see Harry (and Meghan) being invited to the wedding if it was to be a grand affair but as the wedding is to be a rather small, intimate one, I think the guest list will be limited to those friends and family that are personally close to the couple.

This wedding is between two people that love each other and want those close to them there to celebrate with them. The concept of having royalty or people of "status" and "celebrity" don't really enter into this IMO. If that is what they wanted, there would be a far grander wedding being planned.

Are they? Since when? We've had a decade of H&K enjoying life in the public forum. I'm sure Harry is very friendly with his cousins, but they are just that -cousins! Don't think I have seen anything that makes the York girls particularly special where the Whales boys are concerned?!

Where did I say Wales men, plural? I don't think William has a special closeness with the Yorks, they're just his cousins.

Harry is close to the Yorks, particularly Eugenie. I don't know what you've seen but that's what I've seen.

Harry goes on holidays with Eugenie, he doesn't go on holidays with Catherine (at least not since the 2005 ski trip with Charles). Harry goes to Eugenie's birthdays parties, he's never been recorded at any of Catherine's birthdays. He been photographed spending time with Eugenie in London -pubs, clubs, movie premieres, etc. But believe what you want to believe.

I've always had the impression that Harry is close with his York cousins too. Its how he met Cressida in the first place, I think. But that's neither here or there when it comes to Pippa's wedding. Even with both Harry and Pippa being single, we never heard of them interacting together on their own after the W&K's wedding.

I honestly think Harry and Pippa are familial acquaintances and that level of a relationship is not one you feel you want to invite to a small, intimate wedding.

Where did I say Wales men, plural? I don't think William has a special closeness with the Yorks, they're just his cousins.

Harry is close to the Yorks, particularly Eugenie. I don't know what you've seen but that's what I've seen.

Harry goes on holidays with Eugenie, he doesn't go on holidays with Catherine (at least not since the 2005 ski trip with Charles). Harry goes to Eugenie's birthdays parties, he's never been recorded at any of Catherine's birthdays. He been photographed spending time with Eugenie in London -pubs, clubs, movie premieres, etc. But believe what you want to believe.

I thought Harry was very close with the York girls too. Aren't they the ones that have introduced him to a least one girl friend that we know off.

I thought Harry was very close with the York girls too. Aren't they the ones that have introduced him to a least one girl friend that we know off.

Yes, she was friends with Cressida and introduced them.

Harry moves in the same circles as his cousins. They have a number of friends im common and as such are often seen socializing. Harry also holidays with the family over the years. So I would agree, Harry indeed seems quite close to the York girls.

William I believe was close to Peter when younger. It's natural way of things with cousins. You tend to be closer to those your own age. Blame my love if cats on my own family. All my cousins were at least three years older or three younger. I spent my holidays with the animals. Too young to play with the big Kids, too old for the little.

Harry is close to the Yorks and William is close to Peter and Zara.

None of that has anything to do with Pippa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom