Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Marry in the month of May and you will surely rue the day' is an old English saying. It was supposedly unlucky from ancient times as there was a Roman festival for the dead held in the month of May.

Yes, green was considered unlucky for brides to wear as it was thought to be the colour of fairies and other supernatural beings, and they might come and carry her off!
I never heard of these unlucky sayings. Glad my mom and dad didn't as they married in May and stayed that way for 67 years until dad died and my sister also in May and remained until her husband died after 55 years of marriage. Wonder if they would have picked another month if they knew of this saying!!

Another story about her walking :bang: please tell me this is in a fashion and lifestyle section of the paper she not considered news :ermm:

I am more interested in the dogs. Both are do cute, I love James' lab.

Pippa looked quite nice. Liked her scarf and coat. Her fiance looked quite good too :cool:

Nice he joined the family. If it is where they get married, they likely couldn't help but picture their wedding just a bit, as they sat through service.

Last edited:
I consider Pippa as one of the winners in 2016. Looking forward to see her gown :)

I quite liked her coat.....not so much the pattern of the scarf.

I am going to guess her wedding dress will be very sleek and designer. But nothing resembling her maid of honor dress.

LaRae

I can't see the York's even being invited. They are not part of Pippa's family or close friends. If it is to be a small family wedding, only the necessary people will get actual invitations. I think that Pippa knows exactly how she wants her own wedding to be and she will stick to that plan. Everyone with critique every aspect of the event anyway. There will be fault finding and nasty remarks especially on Carol who has never put a foot wrong in public, but is hated for giving birth to a future queen of England. Carol is blamed for being a social climber. No one has ever witnessed this fact. She attended only functions where she is invited with calm grace otherwise goes along quietly in her business and personal family responsibilities.

Agree 100%. But I also feel that this is so clearly a private event that the critics will have to back off. Glad to hear the date, though I am disappointed it won't be a winter wedding. Still, May is lovely. :flowers:

I consider Pippa as one of the winners in 2016. Looking forward to see her gown. :)

Agree. :flowers: Am so curious about the gown and overall look of the wedding.

Last edited:
:lol:

Quiet news day!

With the couple involved I doubt money will be the issue ..... just how to spend it!

None of the Middletons ever came across to me as being overly extravagant people. While they most likely do not have to pinch the pennies and squeeze a pound out of a pence (I think I got that right), they are able to afford quality and I'm sure that Pippa's wedding will be exactly as her and James hope it to be.

It's already been reported that the wedding will be local for the bride and the reception held at home, marquee style.

I doubt a sale on the PP website was prompted by money worries on the Middleton's part regarding the cost of the wedding as suggested by the article :lol:. Money wise, both sides, Pip and Jim can go for anything they want as privately as they want.

Last edited:
The tabloids looked into this around the time of Kate's marriage. The DM figured the family was worth somewhere around £30 million. Probably much more now. I doubt Pippa is having to count her pennies.

Last edited:
After Christmas is a traditional sale time for many stores, move out the old merchandise to make room for the new. It has nothing to do with Pippa's wedding.

Oh please. Another made-up story. Just to whom did Carol and Mike admit that this wedding of Pippa's would cause them to count pennies. Another media person wanting their names in the paper. It is not Pippa's family that look low middle class [which the media loves to yell] it is the editors and writers of this silly crap that prove their improper upbringing.

Oh please. Another made-up story. Just to whom did Carol and Mike admit that this wedding of Pippa's would cause them to count pennies. Another media person wanting their names in the paper. It is not Pippa's family that look low middle class [which the media loves to yell] it is the editors and writers of this silly crap that prove their improper upbringing.

Exactly so. :flowers: That's the general impression made, especailly when one finds oneself confronted by an individual making wild class claims against the Middletons (as I have experienced - unpleasant). These articles are written to appeal to those with these class sentiments (imo).

It's funny because the DM made such a hub-bub when Michael Middleton paid cash for a £900.000 Chelsea flat for Catherine and Pippa.

It was the DM that brought in financial experts that said the Middletons were worth £30 million. Now they're penny pinchers :lol:

indeed, silly reporting. it is just normal that sales occur at this time of year.

Yes, it's just an excuse to get the Middletons in the papers- again!

The press knows the Middletons are clickbait, no matter how ridiculous the story is!

(Both the Middletons and James Matthews have plenty of money; I don't think anyone is counting pennies for this wedding).

Everybody who has a brain knows the Middletons aren't counting pennies for Pippa's wedding. Fake news.

Yeah because a retail store is having a sale right after Christmas, sure sign the family is scrambling for money for the wedding :bang:

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

How those naughty Middletons
Making money like they are meant to do with a business. It's sale time for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I could not find this in the link, although the man beating the police station door with a stick was amusing :)

I love Pippa's engagement ring, but there is no way that the center stone is a 4 carat solitaire. Maybe all in total weight, counting the double halo.

Daily mail is such a bitchy rag these days. It's not as if they were ever really nice but it's as if they try to scratch up dirt to throw shade on the Middleton family.

I laughed when I read:
And while guests would surely love to see the latest glamorous royal squeeze, Prince Harry would surely not dare draw attention from his brother’s sister-in-law by bringing girlfriend Meghan Markle. Wouldn’t do to upstage the bride, now, would it?
This from a family whose daughter were so close and comfortable in their own skins, that the royal bride dressed her sister thus:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...n4ZDkZN2FYTDwmagSteD9HiFarpXt87qWyWSgrMIbJdEy

And it's not like Catherine nor her mother, Carole, didn't see her in that dress both from the front and back. I think Catherine wanted her beloved sister to look the best she could.

Pippa is the bride and I think she may just rock the role to perfection. The wedding is private, and should she invite her sister's brother-in-law, why would they imagine she would flinch at Harry inviting is present girlfriend as his plus one, especially if they are close. Not to mention, it would look odd if he turned up stag.

Last edited:
:previous:
"it would look odd if he turned up stag."

Not at all, actually: it was always usual for the un-affianced to attend weddings unaccompanied and perhaps become acquainted there with others in similar circumstances and maybe with some common ground, knowing some of the bridal party and all :flowers:

Last edited:
I am hoping Harry shows up with Meghan. It's not a royal wedding. It's family, and if Harry is invited, it would make sense to let Harry bring someone. I have to admit an ulterior motive on my part: I want to see how Meghan would dress for such an occasion. :flowers:

I would not hold your breath. The church only holds 150 reportedly so you have to fit in both extended families, plus friends of the couple. Harry doesn't seem to be any thing more than a casual acquaintance/friend with Pippa. We don't really see them hanging out.

:previous:
"it would look odd if he turned up stag."

Not at all, actually: it was always usual for the un-affianced to attend weddings unaccompanied and perhaps become acquainted there with others in similar circumstances and maybe with some common ground, knowing some of the bridal party and all :flowers:

It's common for a single man yes to attend weddings and possibly hook up. But to suggest as long as there us no engagement ring in place, it's customary for Harry to go and hook up with a bridesmaid:bang:

Yes if you are only dating casually, your wedding invitation would likely not include a plus one. But when you are in a serious monogamous relationship, even without a ring, pretty common fir the plus one.

But the daily mail is full of bs. Claims a wedding of 400 people including the cast of his brothers television show. They may want to research size of the church. Harry is an aquaintance at best, and will wait to see if he even attends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom