Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it worries her too much.
Once the wedding is over I think things will calm down

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

OH my God can you imagine she walked down the street :ohmy: only the daily fail can turn this into news. :bang:

Oh but don't you understand???? She's out running errands! Most newsworthy when she pays her utility bill or mails a letter!!!!!

LaRae

Oh but don't you understand???? She's out running errands! Most newsworthy when she pays her utility bill or mails a letter!!!!!

LaRae

What I love love love are all the comments screaming WHO CARES!

It never seems to dawn on those people that by doing this they are guaranteeing more of the same!
If they would just ignore the articles and resist the urge to respond, there wouldn't be so many. But when there's hundreds of comments to something as innocuous as Pippa running errands, you know the press won't let up. :lol:

On this day eight years before I got married to the best husband of the world.

Pippa Middleton's wedding date revealed

Royal Trio Updates Pippa Middleton & James Matthews will marry on the 20th May 2017 at St Mark’s Englefield in Berkshire!

very exciting to have the confirmation. i guess then that the reports were true and she will indeed marry in her home town and celebrate in her parents' house! good choice IMO to maintain the intimate nature of the ceremony and to keep with tradition in hosting the wedding at the bride's hometown.

Looking forward to the big day.

Great they have set a date and sounds like a lovely setting

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Wonder how large the wedding will be?
They both know loads of people, or will they limit their guest list to family and close friends?

Church will only hold a certain amount...seems like I read 150?

LaRae

Small and intimate ceremony, perhaps a larger number of guests to the reception afterwards. A May bride! Really lovely but the weather in England can be atrocious in April/May with quite heavy Spring showers. So much for my hopes of a snowy winter wedding!

I was a May bride too! We had an outdoor wedding and fortunately the rain held off that day!

LaRae

Pippa isn't having an outdoor wedding. It's in a church and her parents own a large manor house.

Did someone suggest she was marrying outside?

LaRae

It's just the custom at many British weddings that guests and the bridal party gather for a while outside the church following the ceremony. Photographs of a less formal nature are taken during this time, especially by people who might not be going on to the reception. This procedure could be a bit difficult if it's bucketing down with rain.

Pippa can bring back that yurt she used on New Years Eve ⛺

Isn't there an old superstition that says it is bad luck to get married in May?

(There's also one that says it is bad luck to wear green at a wedding- I think.
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong; anyway, it's just superstition).

Wonder how large the wedding will be?
They both know loads of people, or will they limit their guest list to family and close friends?

i am guessing the middleton's house is a large house, as a residence, but not that large to accommodate a big wedding party, so my guess is that this will be a mid-sized wedding. personally, i think they want to keep it low key, intimate and only with those very close to them, so i am guessing 100 maximum.

i am guessing the middleton's house is a large house, as a residence, but not that large to accommodate a big wedding party, so my guess is that this will be a mid-sized wedding. personally, i think they want to keep it low key, intimate and only with those very close to them, so i am guessing 100 maximum.

Even if they only have a hundred, the chances of it bring indoors is slim. Unless they have a stand up reception. Their house is large but they would have to spread out through many rooms. A tent is far more practical if the reception is at the manor.

They can put a big tent on the grounds.

I hate those tent weddings!
Never any decent rest-rooms, and it just doesn't feel comfortable no matter how elegant the furnishings.

I much prefer a unique venue, like a historic site or a museum. Even a hotel would be better.

Last edited:
It is great to hear the date of the wedding confirmed. The sound of spring flowers as wedding decorations inside the church sounds beautiful! I myself prefer more traditional venues like places of worship or a country house (but I'm going to a family friend's wedding in September and she's getting married at the Eden Project in Cornwall, which is alternative but I do think it sounds like a fun place to have a wedding; I'm rather excited for it!). It appears that it will be a much smaller affair than her older sister's wedding, which is obviously expected. I wonder how much media coverage we'll get.

I hope that the popular suggestions of Prince George and Princess Charlotte as the page boy and bridesmaid are true; but I think George is more imaginable as a page boy as Charlotte still seems too young for me. By her aunt's wedding she will be just over 2 (I've always thought that 3 or 4 seems the best "starter age" for page boys and bridesmaids, but of course, different families do things differently).

Last edited:
Isn't there an old superstition that says it is bad luck to get married in May?

(There's also one that says it is bad luck to wear green at a wedding- I think.
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong; anyway, it's just superstition).

'Marry in the month of May and you will surely rue the day' is an old English saying. It was supposedly unlucky from ancient times as there was a Roman festival for the dead held in the month of May.

Yes, green was considered unlucky for brides to wear as it was thought to be the colour of fairies and other supernatural beings, and they might come and carry her off!

I wonder if a research was carried out on all the divorces over the last twenty odd years and the month of the actual marriages(!) what would be the outcome?! :lol:

Believe I did see something a while ago when it was revealed that Pippa would be having a local wedding (as most brides do!), that there would be a marquee set up on the fairly newly established Middleton estate. They have moved a few miles but a million pounds in property terms since the Royal family seal, so as marquee's go, expect one fit for any weather, never mind royalty!

Pippa looking lovely as usual

As the day of her wedding draws ever closer, Pippa Middleton's to-do list is likely to be extensive.

But the bride-to-be, who will marry her financier boyfriend James Matthews at her local village church in Berkshire in the spring, still found time to surprise heart patients by dropping into a charity afternoon tea in Belgravia in London.

The British Heart Foundation ambassador was a surprise special guest at the Charing Cross support group's tea on Sunday, where guests enjoyed beetroot falafels and oaty drop scones taken from Pippa's new 'heart healthy' recipe book.
Read more: Pippa Middleton joins patients at Grace Belgravia for British Heart Foundation tea | Daily Mail Online

Pippa Middleton surprises Heart Support Group by visiting for afternoon tea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom