Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I for one am interested; 'rubbing hands'!! The gown, the bridesmaids, pageboys, guests' outfits, is it going to be a snowy Highland wedding?...Just love it all, especially winter ceremonies.

Oh yes.... I love a good wedding too and this one is about as close as we're going to get right now to a "royal" wedding. It will be done with style and with taste and I just have to know that the venue will be gorgeous. There will be royals at the wedding and maybe even *in* the wedding.

I do have a pretty good idea of when the date will be for it. It will be between right now and the end of the world as we know it. Somewhere on that time line.
:lol:

Pippa Middleton sets a date for her wedding next year to fiance James Matthews | Daily Mail Online

I admit I'm interested in the wedding, but this article is ridiculous! Doesn't mention the dress or the date!
Just an excuse to get a Pippa article in the papers.

Still, those save-the-date cards are supposed to be sent out 6 months in advance. If Pippa's including them in her Christmas cards, sounds like a summer wedding is planned?

The media is getting kinda restless over the fact that they haven't heard anything about Pippa's wedding plans.

I can imagine that it would be stressing for Pippa planning her wedding these days. Its stressful enough planning for family and friends and making sure she's got everything the way she wants it to be without the global wolf at the door hungry for details.

I don't envy her one bit right now.:eek:

it would be a strange move for pippa to send the 'save the date' cards along with xmas cards, in my opinion. that's just a weird way to do it. i think the DM is inventing... :)

The media is getting kinda restless over the fact that they haven't heard anything about Pippa's wedding plans.

It isnt the media per se - this wasnt in any other paper. ITs just Mail online. I'd even be surprised if it made the Daily Mail paper. Other online publications might pick up on it - could make Hello perhaps. But thats about it.

Im only mentioning it so that those not in the UK get a better idea of the reality.

Tabloids will chase harder once the date is set and known.

To be honest, what I'd like to see is Pippa being able to keep everything and anything under the radar and then announce her wedding the day after to the public.

Its not going to happen I'm sure but it'd be nice for Pippa and James to have their day without public intrusion.

What does it say that I was more interested by the second story about the politician riding a bike in the corridors of parliament :lol:

I doubt she is sending the, out with the Christmas cards. Won't happen. Paper just covering their tracks in case they don't get their hands on a copy 'oh because they hid them in wedding cards.' As for the dress, pick dome random designer and what they think will be a flashy price tag. Anyone who watches wedding dress shows, knows dresses can go way higher and considering her ring, feel her dress likely will. Doubt will be off rack even designer off rack.

Still, those save-the-date cards are supposed to be sent out 6 months in advance. If Pippa's including them in her Christmas cards, sounds like a summer wedding is planned?

6 months? I've never known it to be that much time. So I googled wedding invitation etiquette :lol:, and it says the standard is for it to be sent out 6-8 weeks in advance of the wedding, with 3 months advanced notice for destination weddings.

Look at William and Catherine, they sent out their invites in Feb 2011, and they married two months later.

I think Pippa will follow that same pattern. When she sends her invitations out, her wedding will probably be a couple of months later.

6 months? I've never known it to be that much time. So I googled wedding invitation etiquette :lol:, and it says the standard is for it to be sent out 6-8 weeks in advance of the wedding, with 3 months advanced notice for destination weddings.

When I looked it up, it said 4-6 months, annd 6 mnths for destination weddings.
But that seems rather long to me, too.

When To Send Save the Dates | Wedding Paper Divas

https://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/.../when-should-you-send-your-wedding-save-t...

Save the Dates should be sent 4-6 months before the wedding. For a destination wedding, save the dates should be sent 6-8 months in advance. Either case should be followed by formal invitations roughly 8 weeks before the day.

The save the date is different from the actual invitation. They need to be sent well in advance of the invitation so people can save the date.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The save the date is different from the actual invitation. They need to be sent well in advance of the invitation so people can save the date.

Save the Date can get problematic. I've known several people that got a save the date notice (which tends in my neck of the woods tends to be electronic), but were not invited to the wedding. Advance notice can be helpful, but it can also look grasping. Need Great-great uncle Morris be told to save the date or do you make the effort with the 50 people you really want to spend time with on your wedding weekend? As weddings have become more of a show and less of an intimate event, this becomes an issue.
It will be interesting to see how much the couple follows the rules and how much they invent their own path as they head down the aisle.

Given the British press tends to make up things, who even knows if the story which doesn't have much specific information is true. Pippa and James have the money to spend to invite as many people as they want unlike most normal people who may have to chose Great Uncle Tim versus Suzy from work as they try to stay in budget.

Gotta love the media and their games.

LaRae

It does sound lovely but it's my belief that the tabs know as much as we do about Pippa and James's wedding plans, that is, a big fat zero. The Daily Fail journalists are wildly guessing, unless by some offchance a London caterer or a wedding cake baker has blabbed.

I wouldn't want to be a resident of Pippa's home village in May if this comes to pass. Tab journalists, photographers, TV crews springing out from every bush. A good time to plan a holiday elsewhere for that month, perhaps.

I think they have a point and i could totally see pippa getting married at her local church. what's more, it looks very picturesque too. i would find it interesting that the reception would be held at her parents house though, although it would be an easy way to keep the press out and the public interest in control.

however, seeing the groom has a big house in scotland, i thought that would be a fitting location for the wedding where guests can be catered more easily. i know it would go against the tradition of marrying at the place where the bride lives/was born though, but i would have chosen that setting if i were her. after all, it is not likely that many tourist will flock up north just to get a glimpse of the wedding.

It does sound lovely but it's my belief that the tabs know as much as we do about Pippa and James's wedding plans, that is, a big fat zero. The Daily Fail journalists are wildly guessing, unless by some offchance a London caterer or a wedding cake baker has blabbed.

I wouldn't want to be a resident of Pippa's home village in May if this comes to pass. Tab journalists, photographers, TV crews springing out from every bush. A good time to plan a holiday elsewhere for that month, perhaps.

i agree that having so many people come to your small village will be overwhelming, but if i lived there i would totally hang around - it must be such an exciting time to see all the press paraphernalia at your doorstep and from the safe heaven of your home. :p (let alone the business it will bring to the village! any hotel and restaurant owners will be rubbing their hands...)

Last edited:
I really thought that Pippa and James would have a destination wedding, but I think it will be lovely to marry in Pippa's local church.
I'm more surprised that they will have such a small reception; I thought they'd at least have around 300 guests, they know so many people.

If this is true - I'll be delighted for her.
The relative small size of the wedding does not surprise me. A lot of the writing she has done about entertaining has been about entertaining small groups of friends - true intimate moments.
I've always thought we/the press heaped a lot of assumptions onto her shoulders. That she is scheming, greedy, grasping. That she feels a need to outdo her sister. That she aspires to "be a royal" whatever that means.
Instead, I've always seen her as a positive person who likes to enjoy life, dress well, be physically active and to take opportunities/challenges when they come along. Not a bad description for any youngish person. I find her fairly well balanced. When she was portrayed in the press as lovelier than her sister and Harry's obvious choice, she handled that very diplomatically by ignoring it. Most young women would have struggled to deal with those public expectations, whereas Pippa just went on being Pippa. Even when the public turned on her.
She's just very rational. She is not and does not try to out Kate at being Kate. She instead chooses to have a fairly intimate wedding in a venue with meaning. Good for her.
And why does it have to be the done thing that you invite everyone you know to your wedding? As I mentioned at the start of this post - what Pippa has written about entertaining has focused on quality over quantity. Good for her.

On one hand, I'm very dubious of these tabloid claims. They got so much wrong with their "exclusives" for the Cambridge wedding. Off the top of my head, I remember the tabloids claiming that Earl Spencer would give a reading at Royal Wedding, they also claimed Elton John would be singing at the Royal Wedding. The Diana obsessed tabloids were projecting their wants onto William.

In Jan 2011, they claimed William was inviting Fergie to the wedding, because he is so fond of her, much to the fury of Philip. A month later, after the wedding invitations were sent, they moaned that petty William hadn't invited Fergie and hadn't spoken to her since his mother died. They aren't very consistent with their stories...

That being said I can see Pippa wanting a smaller wedding. This is the same woman who once wanted to marry on a tennis court, in her sports clothes. I can see her being more interested in having a fun reception party, than her caring about some mega glitzy ceremony.

To be fair, this isn't a Daily Mail story: they lifted it from an Emily Andrews exclusive in the Sun. So if one believes Andrews' sources to be generally good (as, for example, many did with the "William never shows up to work" story), then this story should be given some weight.

With that said, I was curious about why, if the story is true, they'd choose St. Mark in Englefield, since it's a fairly torturous drive from Bucklebury according to Google Maps and the Bucklebury church is much closer and similarly sized. Then I looked closer and realized why it might be appealing. The reason for the torturous route is that many of the more direct routes are actually on a private estate, specifically Englefield, as is the church itself: "Englefield is a village and civil parish in Berkshire, mostly within the bounds of the private walled Estate of Englefield House." The church appears to have no fully public access; any road that leads to it has gates that can be closed.

If they are getting married there, I suspect that access will be restricted.

As for Scotland, Glen Affric itself only has 11 bedrooms, and everyone else would need to stay in Inverness, which is a 45 minute drive away.

To be fair, this isn't a Daily Mail story: they lifted it from an Emily Andrews exclusive in the Sun. So if one believes Andrews' sources to be generally good (as, for example, many did with the "William never shows up to work" story), then this story should be given some weight.

With that said, I was curious about why, if the story is true, they'd choose St. Mark in Englefield, since it's a fairly torturous drive from Bucklebury according to Google Maps and the Bucklebury church is much closer and similarly sized. Then I looked closer and realized why it might be appealing. The reason for the torturous route is that many of the more direct routes are actually on a private estate, specifically Englefield, as is the church itself: "Englefield is a village and civil parish in Berkshire, mostly within the bounds of the private walled Estate of Englefield House." The church appears to have no fully public access; any road that leads to it has gates that can be closed.

If they are getting married there, I suspect that access will be restricted.

As for Scotland, Glen Affric itself only has 11 bedrooms, and everyone else would need to stay in Inverness, which is a 45 minute drive away.

St. Marks makes more sense than the closer Bucklebury church, because the Middletons appear to be members of St. Marks. It's the church they were pictured attending for Christmas 2012. Like you said it's on private property, on a private road, so when they issued a complaint about the Christmas 2012 pics, all the UK publications were forced to take the pics down.

It will make things very difficult for the UK press to publish pictures of Pippa's wedding. Though the unethical foreign press won't give a damn and they'll publish.

It will make things very difficult for the UK press to publish pictures of Pippa's wedding. Though the unethical foreign press won't give a damn and they'll publish.

I'd be willing to bet my last nickel that both the UK and the foreign press will publish tons of pictures- even if they have to tunnel through the private estate!

I'd be willing to bet my last nickel that both the UK and the foreign press will publish tons of pictures- even if they have to tunnel through the private estate!

Yes, I agree. The sleaze media will do their best to disrupt a private wedding just because they want to, if in fact Pippa wants a smaller wedding. I honestly don't believe she wants a blown out circus with her face plastered on every low-class tabloid throwaway. Those tabloids are the ones that call her and parents greedy and social climbing. Neither have ever voiced that opinion and sent out messages on their where-a-bouts to be photographed. Unlike a lot on this forum, I give this family credit for weathering the press into their lives and still not tell them [as Princesses Anne did] to BUGGER OFF. Pippa's immediate family have come off still a happy close knit group with self class, making their own money and head held high. Good for them.

Trying to compare the two weddings is ridiculous. They are in two different situations. William and Kate would have probably preferred a more low key wedding in Berkshire because that's not possible with their position as the future King and Queen.

Sounds wonderful and the location perfect. :flowers: Now when? Winter or spring? And then the baby.....:p ;)

By far the most sensible - and media wise, controlable - thing to do!

Party planner Carole must be in her element!! :lol::lol::lol:

Is this another "opinion" made-up article written by outsider. Did Pippa tell Judy Wade her reason that she wasn't have her sister as MOH. Did Carol Middleton tell Judy that she wanted the reception at her new home so she could show it off? I think not. The headline of "Wade reveals why Kate Middleton won't be Pippa's MOH" intimates that she is knows. Baloney, she is just making up a story to get her name in print. Beside, I personally think it is quite disrespectful and low-class for Judy Wade to address Prince William's wife as Kate Middleton and not properly her married name and title. Judy Wade's immediate boss and editor must be very lax and lazy in their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom