Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. they may look cute but they are usually a pest... I hoep Pippa's wedding will be private and NO press involvement and I hope for her own sake she keeps kids away.

I think the time of the ceremony probably does make a difference. Most of the weddings I have been to have been at 5pm, and I can't remember small children being there.

It's up to Pippa though. If she doesn't mind small children running around making pests of themselves, they'll be there.

Last edited:
What happened to William and Kate's flower/page girls and boys?

There was at least one very disgruntled looking one on the balcony!

I imagine parents were to hand and looked after them ... the way parents tend to do.

DeeAnna I don't know because I got as bored with the W/K wedding as the kids probably did.. But I understand that they were kept away from the cameras to a degree...I really dont know why royals do this.. don't they have any adult friends or siblings. If they are goig ot have them just let them be In the procession in or out, and look cute for 5 mins and then keep them away from things. Its not fair on them IMO, they get bored and act up and its not fair on people who have to listen to tehm.

I think it's a fairly recent tradition for the royals to have mostly children as attendants at their weddings. By fairly recent I mean since Princess Margaret's in 1960. Kate and William's was a little unusual in that, apart from Pippa all of the attendants were from William's side of the family.

It's also the custom in Australia to have child flower girls as well as adult bridesmaids. We've tended to follow the British in this, as apparently have Canadians. There are lots of outdoor weddings here, as we have the climate for it.
I've been to weddings where children have been both guests and flower girls and boys and where they've been absent. (Sometimes, nowadays, attendants are the children of the bride and groom!)

I have to say though that here they do add to the joy of the day, when it is daytime. I've only ever been to one wedding reception after 6pm where under tens have been present. The little girl concerned was very young and went to sleep in a back room after a while but didn't cry beforehand. Most of the weddings have included relatives' children and why shouldn't they be part of the celebrations? They are part of the family.

As far as Royal weddings are concerned I wouldn't be surprised if these children have nannies who whisk them away before the wedding breakfast, when they start to become tired and whiney. If George is present as a pageboy at Pippa's I'd say that's what will happen with him.

The little flower girl at Kate and William's wedding who looked disgruntled was Grace van Cutsem. I believe she was only three or four at the time and I think the sound of the crowd below when she was on the balcony with the wedding party hurt her ears.

Last edited:
fun piece of news today: victoria beckham wants to design pippa's wedding gown and 'will not stop until she says yes'.

apparently victoria is trying really hard to get pippa to choose her as designer of her wedding gown. victoria reportedly even sent pippa flowers to congratulate her on her engagement and promised to make her image of a future collection of hers if she chooses victoria as her designer.

personally, i think pippa knows best: her wedding is not a hollywood wedding, but the wedding of the sister of the future queen of great britain, so even if victoria did dress some A celebs for their wedding, i doubt that will have much importance to pippa. i think pippa will choose based on what she wants, regardless of how much victoria pursues her.

Victoria Beckham desea diseñar el vestido de novia de Pippa Middleton

I doubt very much that Victoria Beckham is behaving in that way towards Pippa, (whom she probably barely knows apart from seeing her at the Royal wedding and various functions), and I can think of two or three other designers Pippa might very well choose before VB.

Flower girls are not as common any more. When I was a kid, a girl under 8 usually was chosen 6-8 prime age. But the main party would be adults or older teens (17-18). Now a days, unless the bride has kids or very close nieces/nephews, not as common. Bridal party usually of age with bride. I know a lot of weddings where kids are at ceremony but not reception. Made a a killing as a wedding 'sitter', hired by couple to babysit in the hotel for kids out of town guests (sister and cousins always seem to have weddings to attend and offer me).

My friend didn't have her 2 year old last year but thought her 4 year old nieces and husband's nephews old enough. The baby coin holder (Filipino tradition) was best behaved. One girl had to be carried as she lay down in aisle. The other came on stage and spent the hour and 1/2 (Filipino and west mix took long) rolling around, flashing, dancing. She nearly knocked me in my heels over a few times.

Up to couple if they want kids in or even at ceremony or at reception. If mom wants a fancy date night, kids don't have to come.

I think it's a fairly recent tradition for the royals to have mostly children as attendants at their weddings. By fairly recent I mean since Princess Margaret's in 1960. Kate and William's was a little unusual in that, apart from Pippa all of the attendants were from William's side of the family.

It's also the custom in Australia to have child flower girls as well as adult bridesmaids. We've tended to follow the British in this, as apparently have Canadians. There are lots of outdoor weddings here, as we have the climate for it.
I've been to weddings where children have been both guests and flower girls and boys and where they've been absent. (Sometimes, nowadays, attendants are the children of the bride and groom!)

I have to say though that here they do add to the joy of the day, when it is daytime. I've only ever been to one wedding reception after 6pm where under tens have been present. The little girl concerned was very young and went to sleep in a back room after a while but didn't cry beforehand. Most of the weddings have included relatives' children and why shouldn't they be part of the celebrations? They are part of the family.

As far as Royal weddings are concerned I wouldn't be surprised if these children have nannies who whisk them away before the wedding breakfast, when they start to become tired and whiney. If George is present as a pageboy at Pippa's I'd say that's what will happen with him.

The little flower girl at Kate and William's wedding who looked disgruntled was Grace van Cutsem. I believe she was only three or four at the time and I think the sound of the crowd below when she was on the balcony with the wedding party hurt her ears.

From viewing the wedding videos from 1999 onward it does appear that the very youngest attendants are often moved to an adjacent room if they appear to be overwhelmed/upset during the ceremony. Though occasionally we get to see what happens when they're not removed ie Juan Felipe Froilan kicking a bridesmaid at Tio Felipe's wedding to Letizia ;).

If Pippa and her fiance choose to have young attendants then it's their choice to make.

I am highly doubtfully that Pippa will be having a balcony appearance after her wedding. George can always just sit on his parents lap during the ceremony. The service itself isn't going to be on tv or photographed by the press. At the most there will church entrance/exit on the day and posed photos in Hello afterwards. It's Pippa's day and if she wants her only nephew to be part of it, he will be.

Where is this anti little kid outrage for the Swedish royals who bring the little kids to every wedding, christening etc?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This thread isn't about whether children should be at weddings, so let's get back on topic please.

Well it is up to her how she arranges her wedding, as a private person. I just hope that that's how it is treated by the press. A few pics, and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is up to her how she arranges her wedding, as a private person. I just hope that that's how it is treated by the press. A few pics, and that's it.

I really hope it's very private some people are getting a little carried away.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't know who Pippa is close to in terms of friends who could be bridesmaids or maids of honour.

What about James, traditionally sisters of the groom are often members of the bridal party (one to google!)

As far as a designer is concerned, I'd definitely go for Sarah Burton if I were Pippa!

Her bridesmaid dress became iconic; imagine what Burton could do with a wedding dress!

Still no news of any details? Like when and where? Will we be informed, do you think? :flowers: I love weddings. Strongly rooting for a winter affair.

No details yet. We'll certainly be informed when there is anything by the British tabloids. I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding and reception is covered by 'Hello' magazine. They've already got one Pippa cover published, to do with her gown etc and seem to be gearing up for a campaign.

No details yet. We'll certainly be informed when there is anything by the British tabloids. I wouldn't be surprised if the wedding and reception is covered by 'Hello' magazine. They've already got one Pippa cover published, to do with her gown etc and seem to be gearing up for a campaign.

Oh good! :flowers: Looking forward to it. Pippa has a great sense of style. Thank you for saying, Curryong. :thistle:

Last edited:
Titles for Kate and Pippa

Does anyone think that the UK media will ever REGULARLY refer to Kate Middleton as the Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton - in time - as Lady Glenaffric ?

Does anyone think that the UK media will ever REGULARLY refer to Kate Middleton as the Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton - in time - as Lady Glenaffric ?

I doubt Pippa will ever go by Lady Glenaffric. James doesn't use a title and it's a purchased title.

She would sound pretty absurd if she insisted on calling herself that and it doesn't seem to be her style.

No, I don't think they will, as far as Kate's concerned, I believe she'll still be KM for years. At least when she is Princess of Wales the media might feel there's no alternative but to address her with her proper title.

To be fair, it's as much an indulgence of the ignorance of the general public in Britain and elsewhere as some quirk of journalists that she is still called Kate Middleton. That was the name under which she became known to the public at large and I think the media believes many wouldn't know who they were writing/talking about if they didn't put Kate Middleton in there.

As for Pippa, this lairdship was one purchased by David Matthews when he bought an estate up in Scotland. As such it might not be taken seriously by the British media, and there are probably too many variables anyway to make a guess at whether Pippa will be Lady Glenaffric in future years. The land might be sold on and the lairdship with it. Scotland might well vote for independence sooner than later, followed by a referendum on the monarchy in Scotland. Titles might be abolished, who knows. David's wife Jane isn't known as Lady Glenaffric as far as I can tell, so it doesn't appear that this is taken too seriously in the Matthews family anyway.

Be rather ridiculous for Pippa to use one of the "lord of the manor" titles which are not peerages and dont mean anything. lets hope she has more sense.
As for kate, I think it is mostly on the Net that she's referred to as Kate Midd.. I usually see "Kate" or The Duchess of Camb.

Page 3 of the Scottish Daily Mail (July 22nd) stated that Pippa was entitled to be addressed as Lady Glen Affric once her fiancé inherits his father's Lairdship. James Matthews is already the "solitary manager of the 10,000 acre Glen Affric Estate".
Do you think that the UK Media will refer to her by this courtesy title - they seldom call Kate the Duchess of Cambridge.

Page 3 of the Scottish Daily Mail (July 22nd) stated that Pippa was entitled to be addressed as Lady Glen Affric once her fiancé inherits his father's Lairdship. James Matthews is already the "solitary manager of the 10,000 acre Glen Affric Estate".
Do you think that the UK Media will refer to her by this courtesy title - they seldom call Kate the Duchess of Cambridge.

I could be wrong, but I think possibly this user is a bot. This same question was asked twice in this thread and then again on my public user profile.

It could be that there is sometimes confusion between the Duchess of Cambridge, and the Duchess of Cornwall?
I am familiar with the titles and yet sometimes I have to look at the headline twice.

As for Pippa, I heard somewhere that the wedding is scheduled for February.
Don't know how accurate that is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pippa wanting a winter wedding in Switzerland actually. James's half-sister and her family live there (I think they're tax exiles) and Pippa being a keen skier obviously doesn't mind the cold. I believe Kate, William and Harry went to a snowy Swiss wedding of one of their friends when Kate was pregnant, and it did look spectacular. Jan/Feb might be about right.

I doubt Pippa will ever go by Lady Glenaffric. James doesn't use a title and it's a purchased title.

She would sound pretty absurd if she insisted on calling herself that and it doesn't seem to be her style.

It's James' father who holds the title not James? It will pass on to him when his father dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom