Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The marathon was a couple of weeks ago. Not in Africa now. Kate paternal's grandmum and great aunt married brothers.

Pippa isn't really Harry's type being a brunette. Nico hasn't been seen around lately, has he ? I rooted for George Percy a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I really like Pippa. She doesn't need to be out doing this sort of thing but she does it anyway and its all for charity. Very well done.

Many people who run marathons do it to raise money for charities. Most charities have places available for people who want to compete to raise money for them. I've sponsored a London marathoner, a Paris marathoner, a Manchester marathoner & a UK ironman competitor this year already. I've run a 10k for charity & will be doing a half marathon for charity.

Congratulation to Pippa on running her first marathon but doing it for charity is nothing out of the ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I enjoy Pippa. Like all of Kate's family, she seems pretty level headed and down to earth.

I think a large part of Kate's success in the royal family has been due to the support network around her. It was nice to see Pippa and James included in Charlotte's christening photo.

The marathon was a couple of weeks ago. Not in Africa now. Kate paternal's grandmum and great aunt married brothers.

Pippa isn't really Harry's type being a brunette. Nico hasn't been seen around lately, has he ? I rooted for George Percy a couple years ago.

Sigh, yes I was on team Percy for Pippa as well - has he ever had a gf?

Sigh, yes I was on team Percy for Pippa as well - has he ever had a gf?

We wouldn't know- he's rarely covered in the press

There were reports of Pippa going off to Venice the weekend before the birth of Princess Charlotte - when a lot of people thought the new arrival was going to happen at any moment.

Major clue not to sit up all night waiting for the news that didn't come until the following weekend - as many twitter fans reported doing.

Those reports were true Skippyboo - the issue of "Hello" that had the Duke and Duchess and little PC standing on the Lindo Wing steps, also had a two-page spread with photos of Pippa and Nico Jackson walking hand in hand around Venice.

Also, there have been reports about the shopping Auntie Pippa has done in Geneva, where Nico works as an investment manager for "Jabre Capital" - eco-nappies among other things - for the new baby.

So I think the young couple are still together, but out of the glare that being together in London would bring.

Thanks for the info Sun Lion. It is hard to follow stuff in Hello since they don't put the whole article online and if you go to a bookstore like Barnes and Noble if they carry it here in America it is a week behind the current UK edition.

You would thing how the Daily Mail follows every outing of Cressie and Chelsy Davy. That they would have jumped at Pippa and Nico in Venice. They sure had pictures of every time she went to Wimbledon.

Catherine's grandma and grand aunt were twins. Twins are always a different kettle of fish. :lol:

Pippa isn't Harry's type, and he isn't hers either. She has always dated well-educated men who work in finance. Harry doesn't really fit in with the "Wall Street" mold.

As Sun Lion mentioned, Pippa and Nico were seen together 2.5 months ago. And she is still wearing the Cartier Love Bracelet that I believe he bought her.

While I love Pippa's friendship with George Percy, I don't think it will ever graduate into something more. They've had 12 years for romance to spark and it hasn't happened. I think they're much like Jecca and William, great friends who have to put up with silly tabloid rumors.

Thanks for the info Sun Lion. It is hard to follow stuff in Hello since they don't put the whole article online and if you go to a bookstore like Barnes and Noble if they carry it here in America it is a week behind the current UK edition.

You would thing how the Daily Mail follows every outing of Cressie and Chelsy Davy. That they would have jumped at Pippa and Nico in Venice. They sure had pictures of every time she went to Wimbledon.

You're welcome Skippyboo.

Yes, we're always a week behind with the magazine, but at least it is available everywhere, week to week - train stations, street kiosks, all newsagencies.

(And a bonus last week with the exensive coverage of PC's Christening. Lovely photos of Albert and Charlene beside their pool with their babies.)

And beside all the Wimbledon coverage, there seems to have been a lot of Pippa running here, running there, in this outfit, in that outfit, carrying this bag, carrying that - I'm guessing they go for P, when they can't get C.

This. And I am not sure that is what Pippa aspires to... Judging by her attempts of a writer's career she has made so far...:whistling:

Didn't the Daily Fail get the ball rolling after Kate and William's wedding by dubbing Pippa "Her Royal Hotness" and insinuating that every man in Britain was sleeping with her photo under their pillow? Weren't they practically planning her wedding to George Percy at one point? They did their best to build her up as the Next Big Thing. :lol:

And now they are taking potshots at her and the entire family.

They need to make up their minds...are the Midds respectable upwardly mobile people or just a bunch of crass arrivistes?

What a difference four years makes.:cool:

Didn't the Daily Fail get the ball rolling after Kate and William's wedding by dubbing Pippa "Her Royal Hotness" and insinuating that every man in Britain was sleeping with her photo under their pillow? Weren't they practically planning her wedding to George Percy at one point? They did their best to build her up as the Next Big Thing. :lol:

And now they are taking potshots at her and the entire family.

They need to make up their minds...are the Midds respectable upwardly mobile people or just a bunch of crass arrivistes?

What a difference four years makes.:cool:

Well, as much as I think Pippa is ambitious and tries her best to stay in the spotlight, the Fail has been milking her connections ad nauseam...:lol::flowers:

We wouldn't know- he's rarely covered in the press

But he has a younger brother who has a GF, and they've been covered in the press.

I think if George Percy had a girlfriend, we'd know about it.

Still, I don't think he and Pippa will ever get together, just as I don't think she'll wed Nico Jackson.
And if she and Harry were attracted to each other, something would have happened by now.

But he has a younger brother who has a GF, and they've been covered in the press.

I think if George Percy had a girlfriend, we'd know about it.

Still, I don't think he and Pippa will ever get together, just as I don't think she'll wed Nico Jackson.
And if she and Harry were attracted to each other, something would have happened by now.
Hmm interesting. May I ask why you don't think they'll wed? :) (I have no thoughts on it myself, just interested in your reasoning)

If we're placing bets on Pippa and Nico - I'll predict a September 2015 engagement. It will be their 3rd anniversary and Pippa will be turning 32. Women in that set usually get engaged in the age range of 27-32.

Her relationship with Alex Loudon floundered after he temporally relocated to Australia for work. Not to mention he was stuck in Johannesburg half the time due to business trips. I think it's a very promising sign for Pippa and Nico, that despite their long-distance relationship, they remain a steady couple.

The ball is in Nico's court; let's see what he does with it.

If we're placing bets on Pippa and Nico - I'll predict a September 2015 engagement. It will be their 3rd anniversary and Pippa will be turning 32. Women in that set usually get engaged in the age range of 27-32.

Her relationship with Alex Loudon floundered after he temporally relocated to Australia for work. Not to mention he was stuck in Johannesburg half the time due to business trips. I think it's a very promising sign for Pippa and Nico, that despite their long-distance relationship, they remain a steady couple.

The ball is in Nico's court; let's see what he does with it.

I don't understand this sentence. It takes two people to make an engagement and a marriage. This makes it sound as though Pippa is just hanging around waiting for Nico to determine her future. I don't think that modern women act that way!

I don't understand this sentence. It takes two people to make an engagement and a marriage. This makes it sound as though Pippa is just hanging around waiting for Nico to determine her future. I don't think that modern women act that way!

Guys still usually do the proposing, though, and sometimes they do drag their feet about it. (Of course, I have absolutely no idea if that's the case with Pippa and Nico).

Guys still usually do the proposing, though, and sometimes they do drag their feet about it. (Of course, I have absolutely no idea if that's the case with Pippa and Nico).

Not always! Women propose to men as well. (I did. It worked out)

I also think that the idea of the ball being entirely in Nico's court is a bit retro.

Not here in Sweden... Well it has started to be americanized... But here the tradition is to come to the decision together and buy simple engagement-bands (like your version of wedding bands) and at the wedding only the woman gets a ring... So to me, this waiting for a man to ask you seems so odd :p I like that women has started asking!

Well three years will pale when it's compared to how long Kate had to wait.

Not always! Women propose to men as well. (I did. It worked out)

I also think that the idea of the ball being entirely in Nico's court is a bit retro.

When I proposed to my husband (back in the seventies), I didn't get down on one knee and say 'you'll make me the happiest woman in the world if you'll say yes'. It was more like, I love you, but I need to know if this is going anywhere. I'm interested in getting married and having kids- are you? (And he collapsed into my arms, weeping tears of joy. JK). It's worked out real well! Besides, it was a true case of love at first sight, and we had discussed marriage almost immediately thereafter.

I don't think Kate really had to wait 8 years...she and William decided at some point they were going to marry in the future, after a certain point. It was just a matter of getting their lives sorted out with his training etc.

So she knew it was coming, it wasn't like she was just hanging around spinning her wheels not knowing what the outcome would be.

LaRae

I don't think Kate really had to wait 8 years...she and William decided at some point they were going to marry in the future, after a certain point. It was just a matter of getting their lives sorted out with his training etc.

So she knew it was coming, it wasn't like she was just hanging around spinning her wheels not knowing what the outcome would be.

LaRae
I think so as well. My guess is that around 2007 when they got back together they got inofficially engaged or somethig but didn't do it officially since then they only have a year to get married :p So I think they were kind of engaged. Especially since their honeymoon destination was the place they went to right after the breakup.

The set that Pippa and Nico belong to is quite traditional. Notice when James Middleton talked marriage last year, he discussed when he would be ready to propose to Donna. He never mentioned her proposing to him. Even spunky Zara left the ball in Mike's court. Remember in 2008, when Zara gave an interview gushing about Mike. She said she would love to marry him, but she has to wait for him to propose. He finally got around to it 2.5 years after her interview. The royals and the people in their orbit are very socially conservative.

I totally believe Pippa wants to get married. The press claimed her break-up with J.J. was caused by him not committing to marriage after the couple had been together for 4 years. Not to say she will settle for anybody. She's thrown a lot of guys overboard before the relationship ever got serious. But when she is besotted(J.J. and Nico) - I think she is hopeful for a proposal.

I do believe the when and if will come down to Nico. :flowers:

Last edited:
Hmm interesting. May I ask why you don't think they'll wed? :) (I have no thoughts on it myself, just interested in your reasoning)

I think if it hasn't happened after a year, it won't.

(Yes, I know a lot of people date for a much longer span of time, but I think that after a year, a person wants to know if the relationship is going anywhere).

Nico seems the type who likes long-term relationships, but gets cold feet when it comes to marriage.

I believe he and Pippa are coming to the end.

Last edited:
I think so as well. My guess is that around 2007 when they got back together they got inofficially engaged or somethig but didn't do it officially since then they only have a year to get married :p So I think they were kind of engaged. Especially since their honeymoon destination was the place they went to right after the breakup.

Another thing, IIRC I read that Kate's father had a talk with William at some point after they were serious to ask him if his intentions were marriage and was assured that was the plan...and this was prior to 2007.

LaRae

Another thing, IIRC I read that Kate's father had a talk with William at some point after they were serious to ask him if his intentions were marriage and was assured that was the plan...and this was prior to 2007.

LaRae

Well, Mike and Carole dated for 5 years before marrying, so he couldn't get too heavy-handed with William. :lol:

William made it very clear in his 2005 interview that he didn't want to marry until he was 28. He had his mind set on that specific age for whatever reason. I don't think Catherine was under any illusions to the contrary. When they got married she was 29 and he was 28. Pretty cut-and-dry. :cool:

William clearly passed down his obsession with 28 to his brother-in-law. Last year, James gave an interview where he said he wouldn't propose to Donna until he was 28.

Mathematicians consider 28 a perfect number along with the number 6. Maybe William is plotting to have 6 children.

He already made math geeks happy by naming his son George. Elizabeth II > Charles III > William V > George VII. (2,3,5,7 make our first four prime numbers)

I would rather the royals embrace Number Theory than astrology like Diana did. :wacko:

I'm guessing William realized he wouldn't be done with all his training and settled in till around that age.

I don't know that Michael had an issue with the length of time...he just wanted to make sure as to what the end goal was.

LaRae

Wow! That'd a very nice look indeed! She looked sexy but not tacky and for a good cause too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom