The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The part of the article that made me laugh out loud was when they claimed the bride's outfit was reminiscent of Kate's because it was white, had a veil, and there was lace on it...

Which only describes almost EVERY wedding dress. The bride's dress was gorgeous and looked NOTHING like Kate's.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes, she did.
Though really, that article was stretching it to claim the dress resembled Kate's! Yes it had a bit of lace, but otherwise it was not at all similar.
If you meant Pippa upstaged the bride because she drew a lot of media attention, absolutely because the media focuses on all events that she attends. No bride has a chance when Pippa's invited to her wedding, it seems, since unfortunately the media will make a big deal out of Pippa and her attire whenever she shows up at these occasions. But on the other hand, any respective wedding Pippa attends does get news coverage when maybe it would not have and perhaps the bridal couple doesn't object to that. This bride is a beautiful woman who looked wonderful in her elegant gown, even though I see nothing reminiscent of Kate's dress in it, either, other than the usual attributes of a wedding gown. Sounds like the media is really reaching here. But as far as dress and style, Pippa certainly wasn't in the same league as the bride and definitely did not upstage or outshine her in that respect.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Did you see, there were almost 700 comments about Pippa in the orange dress!

And still people wonder why the press pursues her!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Supply and demand! Pippa's obviously a hot commodity and won't fade in the background as long as people focus on her. I think a lot of it has to do with Kate not being as available and Pippa is, as well as being related to royalty, so the pressure's on her.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 PM

Pippa Middleton she dons apron to cook bacon sandwiches at wedding of Camilla Hook and Sam Holland | Mail Online

At least she sounds fairly unpretentious -- willing to jump in and help!

And is she back with Percy? Their relationship is a great mystery. Even if they actually have a relationship is a mystery!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynj View Post
Pippa Middleton she dons apron to cook bacon sandwiches at wedding of Camilla Hook and Sam Holland | Mail Online

At least she sounds fairly unpretentious -- willing to jump in and help!

And is she back with Percy? Their relationship is a great mystery. Even if they actually have a relationship is a mystery!

So true!
I read he has been in Uganda recently on business; looks like he is back.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:26 PM

This wedding was from over a week ago. And yes George has been in Uganda recently

Cluff Geothermal Plans Energy Exploration, Generation in Uganda - Businessweek

If they are dating I can't blame them for trying to keep it to themselves.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Pippa party guide: Kate's sister risks charge of cashing in on Jubilee celebrations
Pippa party guide: Kate Middleton's sister risks charge of cashing in on Jubilee celebrations | Mail Online

Quote:
Pippa Middleton wears an orange dress as she attends the wedding of her friends Katherine Phillips and David Marsham at the Guards Chapel.
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/xOKUs...n+Goes+Wedding
Old 05-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

That outfit was atrocious. She is not, nearly, as pretty as Kate. And she is only famous, because of a very interesting rear end shot.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pippa looking lovely today, better than her sister IMO.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee: Pippa Middleton chic in navy and cream as she joins Carole and family on board paddle steamer | Mail Online
Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I much preferred Kate's dress to Pippa's.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa does look lovely, although I think I prefer Kate's red outfit too.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Pippa looked good, but I much prefer Kate's style and color as well.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Pippa looked fantastic and so did Kate. I'm particularly impressed by how nice Pippa's skin looks here. Less tan and therefore much younger looking.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think Pippa looked fantastic and so did Kate. I'm particularly impressed by how nice Pippa's skin looks here. Less tan and therefore much younger looking.
I am so happy you think less tan looks younger. For some reason I keep hearing that a tan makes you look younger. Anyway, not to hijack the subject, but I thought both Kate and Pippa looked fabulous.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel

I am so happy you think less tan looks younger. For some reason I keep hearing that a tan makes you look younger. Anyway, not to hijack the subject, but I thought both Kate and Pippa looked fabulous.
Overly tan makes people look like dried out leather to me- not to mention, makes me worry about their skin cancer risk.

A slight tan is fine, like Pippa has here, but I hate when people go overboard with it.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I feel bad for Pippa. She didnt marry Prince William and she gets none of the attendant perks but all quite abit of the attendant annoyances.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, yeah, but since she was maid of honour for her sister Pippa's apparently signed a £400,000 publishing deal to write a book on party planning. I'd call that a 'perk'. Plus, in future years she'll no doubt holiday at all the royal residences. The paps are pretty intrusive when it comes to Pippa, but her increased profile has presented her with any number of offers and opportunities she would otherwise not have had.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Well, yeah, but since she was maid of honour for her sister Pippa's apparently signed a £400,000 publishing deal to write a book on party planning. I'd call that a 'perk'. Plus, in future years she'll no doubt holiday at all the royal residences. The paps are pretty intrusive when it comes to Pippa, but her increased profile has presented her with any number of offers and opportunities she would otherwise not have had.
Somehow I don't think the perks quite make up for the total invasion of privacy that she got just because her sister married royalty. I just think Pippa is a sterling example of "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Here's the cover of Pippa's new book.

Philippa Charlotte., THE COVER OF PIP

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton