Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The royals aren't celebrities but they live in a celebrity culture and are celebrated people.

Pippa has gained some fame for being Catherine's sister. It's something that was done to Diana's sisters as well back in the 80's, although things are more intense today with modern day technology. There's a certain privilege being associated with the world's most famous royal families.

Diana's sisters never got the press coverage that Pippa gets! It all started with her appearance at the wedding in that white dress, and only escalated from there.

Diana's sister were mostly overlooked except for a (very brief) period when Sarah was dating Charles. Jane Fellowes was completely under the radar.

I'm actually surprised she has a Twitter account? And seems kinda soon to get married but whatever floats their boat. Congratulations to them both.

Pippa doesn't have twitter, she mentioned it in one of her columns a while back I think.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 4h
And in other news sources close to Pippa Middleton deny she is engaged. Sources also confirm no plans to get engaged in the near future

Well I thought Pippa was going to announce her engagement today since its her birthday. Has anyone over the pond heard anything? There was nothing said here in the U.S. as far as I know.

"On July 4th supporters of Mary Hare School, Newbury, the national school for deaf children, flocked to Newbury Racecourse to enjoy an evening of racing.
Pippa Middleton, Mary Hare’s ambassador enjoyed the evening, including the very entertaining magician who both baffled guests with his dexterity and amused with his wit."
An evening at the races

Yikes! Serious journalists must be shaking their heads and grumbling.

Yikes! Serious journalists must be shaking their heads and grumbling.

Why? There aren't actually all that many serious journalists, and this was a list of 1000 people. 10-1 there are several gossip or human interest writers who were included, and I have to say- Pippa's not a bad writer

Why? There aren't actually all that many serious journalists, and this was a list of 1000 people. 10-1 there are several gossip or human interest writers who were included, and I have to say- Pippa's not a bad writer

"Influential journalist" is not something that springs to my mind when I think of Pippa Middleton. Though maybe my concept of journalist is an outdated one.

I actually like and admire Pippa and would be delighted if she were to establish a career as a journalist; I just don't feel she's there yet.

Who are those serious Journalist? Katie Nicholl?

"Influential journalist" is not something that springs to my mind when I think of Pippa Middleton. Though maybe my concept of journalist is an outdated one.

I actually like and admire Pippa and would be delighted if she were to establish a career as a journalist; I just don't feel she's there yet.

I suppose it depends on how you define influence. From what I recall, when she started writing for Waitrose, they had a massive boost in interest and in circulation, and it's rare for one writer to have that much impact on sales.

That alone qualifies her as influential.

Who are those serious Journalist? Katie Nicholl?

Who? For example Peter Hitchens, Jenni Russell, and anyone else who has won or been short-listed for the Orwell Prize, journalism category.

Last edited:
Next up miley cyrus as the most talented female singer in the world. Lol

yawn .... IMO Pippa is dull...and so I just cannot imagine who she influences???? WHO ???

People who are buying the papers that she writes for and reading her articles?

You say Pippa is boring and yet here you are obviously reading about her in the media and then writing about her on this forum. If you are not interested in Pippa why on earth are you following her so closely? Perhaps you could make yourself happier by choosing to do something else. Pippa is having a great time no matter what you think about her. IMO

If "boring" is the best criticism people can come up with, than Pippa is doing her job- making her career work while managing to be totally discreet about her sister and her connection to the royal family.

Okay. So the people on this forum are purposely looking up qnd commenting on royals. Or in this case relatives of married royals. That doesn't diminish the opinions shared. If one thinks she is admirable then enjoy. But I dont. In my humble opinion, of course: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom