Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kit said:
Who do the Middletons think they are- Royalty? Pippa's book venue vetted by palace protection officers. Article from the Daily Mail. Can not post the link right now but you find the article instantly on their homepage.

And while we're talking about the Daily Mail .... :)

Siiigh. I would take this with a pinch of salt. Im sure their readers were riled up.

There are dozens of reasons why officers would vet the venue beforehand. One thing is certain, the Middleton family didn't have anything to do with it.
The Protection Branch does what it thinks is necessary and don't give their reasons.
Most people I have asked think it wasn't out of the ordinary (maybe some Royals were going to attend and then cancelled at the last minute, who knows)but as per usual, the DM is attempting to whip the 'masses' into a frenzy. Boring and all too typical reportage from the DM.

Last edited:
Duke-of-Earl said:
There are dozens of reasons why officers would vet the venue beforehand. One thing is certain, the Middleton family didn't have anything to do with it.
The Protection Branch does what it thinks is necessary and don't give their reasons.
Most people I have asked think it wasn't out of the ordinary (maybe some Royals were going to attend and then cancelled at the last minute, who knows)but as per usual, the DM is attempting to whip the 'masses' into a frenzy. Boring and all too typical reportage from the DM.

Reportedly Andrew , Beatrice and Eugenia all attended. And perhaps Kate was behind the scenes 'maybe'.

Reportedly Andrew , Beatrice and Eugenia all attended. And perhaps Kate was behind the scenes 'maybe'.
Beatrice and Eugenie attended celebrations at LouLou's (the Mayfair member's club) - not Daunt Books (where Royal Protection officers supposedly performed security checks). Not sure where you got the information about Prince Andrew but I'm pretty sure he wasn't at the book's launch (at Daunt Books) either.

I don't know; every time she's seen with a man the papers say he is the new boyfriend.
Let's see if they are photographed together on a long-term basis.

Pippa looks so happy and it nice to see the papers giving her so much free publicity.
Her new 'boyfriend' is handsome too.

Yes to all! Those who were upset that she wasn't doing a formal book tour (me included because I wanted to see her interviewed more) can now see that the launch has not lacked for publicity. Good for her, I say! I like everything about this family and wish I could bottle Mike and Carole's success for turning out such lovely, well-rounded and poised young adults.

There's a cover photo and excepts in today's Parade mag. and it sounds like a light-hearted, fun book.
No, it probably isn't a great work of literature, but some of the ideas seem like they'd be a nice touch for a party. What do people expect from a book of this type?

I don't know, the media just like giving the Middletons a hard time for some reason. I was watching Robert Jobson's video report on Sunrise7 and he made fun of Pippa's book throughout the entire report: Sunrise Videos Channel 7 - Yahoo!7 TV
To me that was just mean and out of jealousy, if you ask me.

I don't see anyone bashing Tom Parker Bowles's cookbooks or is it that no one really cares about his books and his efforts to promote it?

Why do you think Kate has not attend the lunch Book? It was her sister's...

biboquinhas said:
Why do you think Kate has not attend the lunch Book? It was her sister's...

She can't be seen as promoting a commercial endeavor. Press would be awful.

I don't know, the media just like giving the Middletons a hard time for some reason. I was watching Robert Jobson's video report on Sunrise7 and he made fun of Pippa's book throughout the entire report: Sunrise Videos Channel 7 - Yahoo!7 TV
To me that was just mean and out of jealousy, if you ask me.

I don't see anyone bashing Tom Parker Bowles's cookbooks or is it that no one really cares about his books and his efforts to promote it?

Tom was an established writer before his mother married Prince Charles. Plus, his books are actually quite good too (in my opinion). I have the first three - "E Is For Eating – An Alphabet of Greed", "The Year of Eating Dangerously" and "Full English; A Journey Through the British and Their Food" - love them!

As far as Pippa's book goes, I cannot offer an opinion since I haven't (and don't plan to) read it; however, if every single critic is unimpressed to say at least, then maybe it's not jealousy - maybe the book is simply that bad? If people aren't fawning over it, then maybe Pippa should put a little more effort into her next book? Just because she's Kate's sister doesn't guarantee she's the next Martha Stuart. Again, I haven't read the book myself; this is the impression I got based on every single review of it I've read online.

Last edited:
T however, if every single critic is unimpressed to say at least, then maybe it's not jealousy - maybe the book is simply that bad?

I don't much believe in the critic's opinion with this book, as I don't think it has yet reached the "right" critics, those who write about food, drink and entertainment at home. Unfortunately there is no customer review on on amazon yet - that will be interesting!

:previous:

I do not dispute that; maybe Pippa's book is indeed wonderful.
Just saying that the critics' negative opinions are not necessarily down to jealousy. And incidentally, jealousy of what, precisely?

Jealousy of a family that came from nothing and climbed very high and very fast.
That sort of thing always provokes jealousy.

How many wannabe authors would sell their souls for a book deal, and Pippa gets a great deal for a book not even written yet? Again, bound to provoke jealousy.

Well, I suppose it could be called jealousy. Personally, I find the Middletons self-made fortune commendable and inspirational, and not a cause for snide remarks.

As for Pippa's book deal, not to sound mean but Katie Price has released a lot of books without penning a single word in them. It's the name that counts, not content. And criticising that is not (in my opinion) jealousy; it's common sense. Please, note I'm not saying Pippa didn't write the book herself: but there is little doubt she wouldn't have had the chance to ever be published had it not been for her sister's marriage.

Last edited:
They have gotten side remarks for that exact reason

And criticizing Katie Price book for that reason is not common sense in imo

:previous:

Perhaps we can agree to disagree. :flowers:
However, until I see a single positive review (especially professionals - those in party planning business), I shall regard the existing reviews as objective.

I'm not saying that all of the critics are jealous of Pippa's book, I was just stating that Robert Jobson had made a joke about the advance Pippa got from the publishers and how he never made that much from his books.

I know Tom has been writiing before his mother's marriage but he's pretty much in the same boat as Pippa. They both have the media on their backs and they are simply turing the attention to their advantage. What Pippa is doing is no different than what Tom is doing. Tom is taking his interest and experience in food and making a living off of it by sharing recepies with everyone. Pippa is taking her experience as a party planner and her experience of working in the entertaining industry and sharing recepies and ideas with everyone.

No one is saying she's the next Martha Stewart or anything but I think it's pretty terrible for people to just slam her book like they have.

Also, I think if William & Catherine could've made it to the book launch they would have been there. I'm just saying that because it seems like there aren't any rules of them not supporting their family members in stuff like this. Here is The Duchess of Cornwall attending her sons cookbook launch-

Pictures;
Camilla attending Tom's 'Let's Eat: Recipes From My Kitchen Notebook' book Launch June on this year-'Let's Eat: Recipes From My Kitchen Notebook' By Tom Parker Bowles

Galen Weston Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Hilary Weston

Here's another of the Duchess attending Tom's book launch in 2009 for 'Full English'-
Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall And Tom Parker Bowles Attend

Obviously she's out being proud and showing some support for her son and his books, so why would it be so terrible if Catherine & William came out to support Pippa?

Not to bring up Tom in this thread but I just find it odd that people would slam Pippa for pretty much doing the samething Tom has done with the media attention. Although Pippa haven't done any major interviews and promoted her books and recipes on US TV like Tom but what's so wrong with her using her experiences as a writer and in entertaining to give out tips and ideas to people?

Sure no one would really know these people if they weren't connected to the royal family but I don't see the royals having a problem with it and they actually come out and show their support.

They both have the media on their backs and they are simply turing the attention to their advantage. What Pippa is doing is no different than what Tom is doing.

No one is saying she's the next Martha Stewart or anything but I think it's pretty terrible for people to just slam her book like they have.

Camilla attending Tom's 'Let's Eat: ...Obviously she's out being proud and showing some support for her son and his books, so why would it be so terrible if Catherine & William came out to support Pippa?

I do think Pippa is different. Her book is not intended at all to be scholarly - it's for fun for everyday people who want to throw theme parties. Additionally, I doubt Tom has ever been lionized in the press for his bum.

And thank heavens Pippa is no Martha Stewart - as a recovering Martha devotee it took me years to unlearn her uncompromising zeal for perfect everything - as if everything CAN be perfect. I drove my family nuts for years following her zealous antics for the home/hearth/table.

I agree that family should be able to support Pippa as Camilla supports Tom. However as Pippa pointed out, she's known because of her sister and her bum. So I find it a loving gesture that her sister NOT show up and direct the spotlight away from Pippa. While Camilla can show up and not have the press go mad over the cost of her frock, Kate cannot. I think the sisters understand that and that this was their choice for Pippa's time to shine. I'm sure they chatted on the phone throughout the day. Good for them. I think it was a great UNSELFISH choice.

Jealousy of a family that came from nothing and climbed very high and very fast.
That sort of thing always provokes jealousy.

How many wannabe authors would sell their souls for a book deal, and Pippa gets a great deal for a book not even written yet? Again, bound to provoke jealousy.

I agree. The Middletons haven't done anything wrong to deserve the harsh remarks they get and I think them building a successful business should be applauded. We call that the 'American Dream' over here.

I think Pippa expected her book would receive some harsh reviews, many peoples books do ( especially some first time writters) and that goes with the territory but I think some folks are being harsh on Celebrate because it's a Middleton behind it.

Not to bring up Tom in this thread but I just find it odd that people would slam Pippa for pretty much doing the samething Tom has done with the media attention. Although Pippa haven't done any major interviews and promoted her books and recipes on US TV like Tom but what's so wrong with her using her experiences as a writer and in entertaining to give out tips and ideas to people?

Sure no one would really know these people if they weren't connected to the royal family but I don't see the royals having a problem with it and they actually come out and show their support.

Two reasons people are being harsh on Pippa for doing the same thing that Tom has done.

1) She's a Middleton
2) She's a woman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom