Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess of Hogwarts, I love it! I will be jealous if she gets to live in that stunning castle.

Lenora - how does this prove Pippa is a social climber? If anything, Catherine wins in those stakes.

:previous:
Ms. Middleton must marry Lord Percy first. I wonder what would happen, if this romance did not yield the expected results. Would Lord Percy be panned by Ms. Middleton's fans?

:previous:
Ms. Middleton must marry Lord Percy first.

Indeed she must, that's why I used the word 'if'. I assume the 'expected' results would be marriage, either due to his title or out of love, preferably the latter. But if it's not right, then it's not right. There are bigger fish to fry than Lord Percy.

In my personal opinion, marriages for convenience are not necessarily bad, if both parties fully realise cons and pros of the union and are willing to accept them.
There are bigger fish to fry than Lord Percy.

and this bigger fish would be ...?

I'm not Ms Middleton's fan.
I believe that the recent media opinion "nice, but not wife material" may be true.

I see. We shall see if Ms. Middleton catches any fish at all.

Lumutqueen said:
I have no clue, but if Pippa was a real social climber she could aim a little higher up the ladder.

... Higher than the future Duke of Northumberland? That pretty much just leaves Prince Harry.

I love this match though- they always seem like they're having fun together. I hope it works out, if only for the sheer awesome of seeing Pippa in one of the Percy family tiaras...

Or maybe Pippa's just pulling the media's leg with a good friend and having a fine laugh at all the speculation. Who knows?

Last edited:
Or maybe Pippa's just pulling the media's leg with a good friend and having a fine laugh at all the speculation. Who knows?

True, yet sometimes a strong friendship is an excellent base for a marriage.
Time will tell.

Still, Percy is one of the best catches in Britain.
I don't think there's anyone in Pippa's age range who'd be better, unless it's Harry. And that ship won't ever sail, imo.

I'm new to nobility. I notice that George is Earl Percy and not the Earl of Percy. Will his wife be called Countess Percy? Is it said "the Earl Percy"? Anyway, I'm guessing it will be 20 to 30 years before he is a duke. Also it seems that he is someone who can cope with Pippa's popularity. So, In my opinion it is good.

Well... Get it girl. Live in that flawfree castle and work that Duchess title that will undoubtly come.
But let's be real here, her previous dude was much fitter.

Pippa and Kate were practically raised to be social climbers.

Well... Get it girl. Live in that flawfree castle and work that Duchess title that will undoubtly come.

Pippa and Kate were practically raised to be social climbers.
Partially I agree here. But from my point of view , Kate and William share reciprocal love.About Pippa one couldn't be sure, as all the changes came after her sister's wedding, her popularity etc.
Well, it was evident that Pippa was really fond of her previous boyfriend. Sorry,but I don't see any chemistry between Pippa and George;but I think he is attracted by her personality and could be eager to have a serious relationship with her.
Just my opinion.

Oh, I don't know, I thought Alex seemed like a stuffed shirt.

George Percy seems like he knows how to have fun.

They are social climbers because they are dating people that ran in the same circle as they do? They have know people in that circle since they went to Marlborough College/high school.

When you have Hogwarts Castle as a residence, I guess you sure have fun times there!

Earl Percy

Hi Kyle: To your question about Earl Percy and why he is not the Earl of Percy. Percy is his family's (ancient) surname and like Diana's brother, the Earl Spencer, when the family surname is used, the "of" is dropped. By contrast, the Earl of Carnarvon is George Herbert, Herbert being the family surname, but his title is Carnarvon. I believe this is the correct answer, but perhaps someone knows better than I.

Thank you, Susanna. That makes sense.

Hi Kyle: To your question about Earl Percy and why he is not the Earl of Percy. Percy is his family's (ancient) surname and like Diana's brother, the Earl Spencer, when the family surname is used, the "of" is dropped. By contrast, the Earl of Carnarvon is George Herbert, Herbert being the family surname, but his title is Carnarvon. I believe this is the correct answer, but perhaps someone knows better than I.

I think that's correct. And I believe that family has been addressed that way for a very long time. Anne Boelyn tried to marry a Percy before she married Henry VIII.

Let's hope things end better for Pippa... :lol:

The media reports that Pippa is dating George Percy, so she will be a duchess. I believe if that's true, it proves clearly that Pippa is a social climber.

From commoner to peeress definately is a social climb. So if Pippa marries Earl Percy, she climbs up the social ladder, that's a fact.

But the question is: what do you mean by "social climber" - is this negative for you? IMHO all our life we try to better ourselves, so why should Pippa's climb be negative? I personally wish her luck in finding personal happiness with a man she loves.

Well, for me it's not a really negative "to be a social climber". But actually it was a little strange for me that all the apparent changes came after Kate's wedding. After a separation , people usually tend to stay more time alone and then find their soul mate. But I agree that a friendship could be a solid basis for an eventual marriage,it keeps sometimes a couple stronger than in a love match.
But by reading some comments in DM and other papers, I was astonished by the negative reaction of people in case Pippa becomes one day a Duchess.

An unconfirmed rumor in "The Sun", one of the tabloids best known for rumors ... and copied by other tabloids ... and already Pippa is being touted as a social climber who is going to have a marriage of convenience with Percy, because we don't see any chemistry between them. She's also somehow changed since the wedding, when no one knew much (if anything) about her before the wedding. Interesting. :flowers:

Actually we knew a lot about Pippa before the wedding, we just see her in the newspapers more often now.

I've read stories confirming AND denying Pippa's romantic evolvement with George Percy, what to believe?

Actually we knew a lot about Pippa before the wedding, we just see her in the newspapers more often now.

We don't know much about her now. We see pictures of her, and rumors about who she's dating (or not), that she's writing a book. That doesn't say much about her as a person. It only tells us a precious few things that she's involved in ... or not. :flowers:

The Daily Mail is already claiming doubt over the rumors about her and Percy:

"Spokesmen for both families declined to comment publicly on the report, but a Royal source said this afternoon that the claims were 'unfounded'."

So it depends on which paper we choose to believe.

We don't know much about her now.

Philippa Charlotte "Pippa" Middleton born 6 September 1983 in Reading, Berkshire, England. Pippa was first educated at St Andrew's School, Pangbourne, then at Downe House School, a girls' boarding school in Cold Ash, and finally at Marlborough College which she attended on a sports/all-rounder scholarship. She then followed her sister to higher education in Scotland, attending the University of Edinburgh to study English literature. There she shared a house with Lord Edward Innes-Ker, a son of the Duke of Roxburghe, and with Earl Percy, heir of the Duke of Northumberland. We also, know where she works on a daily basis, where and when she shops, who she is 'apparently' dating or not dating, where she goes on a night out etc.

- For me, that's a lot of things to know about somebody's 'sister'. I don't know that much about any other royals sister.

Philippa Charlotte "Pippa" Middleton born 6 September 1983 in Reading, Berkshire, England. Pippa was first educated at St Andrew's School, Pangbourne, then at Downe House School, a girls' boarding school in Cold Ash, and finally at Marlborough College which she attended on a sports/all-rounder scholarship. She then followed her sister to higher education in Scotland, attending the University of Edinburgh to study English literature. There she shared a house with Lord Edward Innes-Ker, a son of the Duke of Roxburghe, and with Earl Percy, heir of the Duke of Northumberland. We also, know where she works on a daily basis, where and when she shops, who she is 'apparently' dating or not dating, where she goes on a night out etc.

- For me, that's a lot of things to know about somebody's 'sister'. I don't know that much about any other royals sister.

With all due respect, that bit of information (while helpful) in the end is a shell....it doesn't say much about Pippa at all.

The same information could be about you, for example, but its doesn't tell me about you either. So you went the University of Edinburgh to study literature...who is your favorite author? Why did you pick that subject? What is the title of the book that treasure the most? What is your favorite color? What type of restuarants do you like to eat? What is your favorite food? If you had to pick your three favorite people, living or dead who would they be? Your three favorite places?

That bit of info that one can get on the web, in a magazine, etc. those are just facts. We don't know Pippa...we think we know her. You know she works at XXX, and she gets her coffee at YYY but is that her favorite spot to get coffee?Or maybe its just convenience, etc.

For the record, I don't know any of these answer nor to I care to. My point is that we have an idea of who Pippa is but unless you have carried on a coversation with her, or know someone who knows her (who isn't biased) none of us really know her. We know a public figure.

I'd be highly amused if we knew that information about Pippa seeing as I don't know that about anyone who does something for my country, let alone Pippa.
My point was, that we know this information about a private citizen who's done nothing but be her sister's bridesmaid at her wedding. Is that all you have to do these days to get a page on wikipedia? If so then myself and a lot of other people may well appear on wiki in the future.

I'd be highly amused if we knew that information about Pippa seeing as I don't know that about anyone who does something for my country, let alone Pippa.
My point was, that we know this information about a private citizen who's done nothing but be her sister's bridesmaid at her wedding. Is that all you have to do these days to get a page on wikipedia? If so then myself and a lot of other people may well appear on wiki in the future.

We live in age where people are famous for sex tapes and/or filiming reality shows showing them living their "lives" so the fact that she has a wikipedia page means nothing in the age of instant gratification.

And while you might not know anything about anyone who runs your country, I would hazard to guess that information is known to anyone who has read information about him.

Now if it was the old days and she appeared in an Encloypedia than they would mean something. Most likely she would just appeared in the Year in Review and that would have been it. She literally would have to accomplished something other than being a royal bridesmaid to appear in the Enclyopedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom