Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pippa is supposedly throwing a huge New Year's Eve party at the Middleton home in Bucklebury.

Wonder who will be among the guests?
Her parents are spending the holiday in Scotland with William and Kate, and Charles and Camilla.

But perhaps her brother will be there.

That is just horrid. HORRID. Omfg, girl cannot dress to save her own life. I can understand her purchasing these items (not the hat though) but putting them together like this? Coco Chanel rolled over in her grave.

I get the impression of Wild Wild West.

I might get flamed for saying this on here, but here goes:

I'm only as snooty about it as the Middletons are; if hardworking, honest, and yet untitled people are not good enough for the Midds, then the Midds are not good enough for the aristocracy. The Spencers might have started as sheep farmers and each family member in the aristocracy might have their 'Carole,' but these people in their ancestry had people who WORKED and worked hard. Being a knight or soldier in the ranks is no small thing, especially back then and farming was no cakewalk as well. I don't think the Midds would have looked twice at "Johnny Spencer Sheep Farmer," but would look more than once at "Johnny Spencer, Earl Spencer." What makes them so good that they have the right, right now, to look down on epople who won't give them something vs. someone who has a title and they gain something out of it? If it takes money and a title to get a Middleton girl or James into the marital bed, then something is wrong and not just with the aristocrats.

You have to look at it from both sides. If Kate is snubbing someone because they aren't connected enough, then she isn't good enough for someone like Wiliam and Pippa is not good enough for a Patterson or a Percy. It's Pippa and Kate who have wanted ot be taken care of and have values where they are kept and don't have to lift a finger; they are the ones who have barely worked and have been husband hunting, not working like 21st Century young women. Kate chose to pork her way in and Pippa is appparently burned from supposedly going after a married man, how are thse modern values? If Pippa wants to paly by rules established in the 1800's, then she had better realize that she is an outsider in that respect and always will be. She's playing by values that don't accept her and if she keeps trying to break into these circles by acting if she is there by right of birth, then quite frankly she has no business being surprised.

I feel like I'm watching karma happen; Pippa ignores nice guys who might not have vast amounts of cash in their bank, but would be loving husbands; so if average men are not good enough, it's karma to see Pippa being only tolerated, but in time rejected the same way she rejected nice guys and used the ones she now ignores in pursuit of a higher title.

She is playing by rules and values that fundamentally reject her and she can't just pick and choose. I think she might do well with some scummy social climber like her in the States, which is qutie frankly the best she will be able to do if she's been messing with a married man in the UK. No matter how much the press might in fact campaign on her behalf, the ranks are still closed against her and they always will be. A constant fashion parade like this isn't going to help, I know that much.

It's been said that Pippa has a 'list' and that she only wants to marry a man that is able to fulfill her requirements. What about her? She doesn't have a title or a vast amount of cash in her own right and I don't understand why the DM (and Midds) can't seem to comprehend that the aristocracy is not going to line up their sons to be picked by Pippa. I am sure that Pippa doesn't check a lot of boxes herself and she would best let go of a title and estate and work on finding someone decent.

I'm only as snooty about it as the Middletons are; if hardworking, honest, and yet untitled people are not good enough for the Midds, then the Midds are not good enough for the aristocracy.

snip

It's been said that Pippa has a 'list' and that she only wants to marry a man that is able to fulfill her requirements. What about her? She doesn't have a title or a vast amount of cash in her own right and I don't understand why the DM (and Midds) can't seem to comprehend that the aristocracy is not going to line up their sons to be picked by Pippa. I am sure that Pippa doesn't check a lot of boxes herself and she would best let go of a title and estate and work on finding someone decent.

Pure speculation on your side. Catherine has shown her warm and caring side, she is not only liked and loved by the RF but actually respected, otherwise the PoW would nevber have allowed her to step in for him. Qualities like that don't come out of nowhere but from a family upbringing were children are taught to have self-esteem but to be compassionate as well.

Why should Pippa be that different from her sister? She went to a first class school where a lot of girls from the aristocracy were taught, too, then moved on to a good university where boys from the upper classes have an instinct for girls who come from the right background - commoner or not, but well-educated and well-mannered. That became her circle - voila.

Everything else about her having a "list" is so ridiculous - as if men from that position are not used to smell a rat when they see one. Obviously Pippa is of the right stock.

I'm only as snooty about it as the Middletons are; if hardworking, honest, and yet untitled people are not good enough for the Midds, then the Midds are not good enough for the aristocracy. The Spencers might have started as sheep farmers and each family member in the aristocracy might have their 'Carole,' but these people in their ancestry had people who WORKED and worked hard. Being a knight or soldier in the ranks is no small thing, especially back then and farming was no cakewalk as well. I don't think the Midds would have looked twice at "Johnny Spencer Sheep Farmer," but would look more than once at "Johnny Spencer, Earl Spencer." What makes them so good that they have the right, right now, to look down on epople who won't give them something vs. someone who has a title and they gain something out of it? If it takes money and a title to get a Middleton girl or James into the marital bed, then something is wrong and not just with the aristocrats.

You have to look at it from both sides. If Kate is snubbing someone because they aren't connected enough, then she isn't good enough for someone like Wiliam and Pippa is not good enough for a Patterson or a Percy. It's Pippa and Kate who have wanted ot be taken care of and have values where they are kept and don't have to lift a finger; they are the ones who have barely worked and have been husband hunting, not working like 21st Century young women. Kate chose to pork her way in and Pippa is appparently burned from supposedly going after a married man, how are thse modern values? If Pippa wants to paly by rules established in the 1800's, then she had better realize that she is an outsider in that respect and always will be. She's playing by values that don't accept her and if she keeps trying to break into these circles by acting if she is there by right of birth, then quite frankly she has no business being surprised.

I feel like I'm watching karma happen; Pippa ignores nice guys who might not have vast amounts of cash in their bank, but would be loving husbands; so if average men are not good enough, it's karma to see Pippa being only tolerated, but in time rejected the same way she rejected nice guys and used the ones she now ignores in pursuit of a higher title.

She is playing by rules and values that fundamentally reject her and she can't just pick and choose. I think she might do well with some scummy social climber like her in the States, which is qutie frankly the best she will be able to do if she's been messing with a married man in the UK. No matter how much the press might in fact campaign on her behalf, the ranks are still closed against her and they always will be. A constant fashion parade like this isn't going to help, I know that much.

No flames here, but why do you say that the Middletons look down on people? I've never read anything about them snubbing people.

And, how do you know Pippa has such a list? She doesn't give interviews, so much of what is written about her is probably fabricated by the press (there's an appetite for stories about her; if there aren't any interesting stories, the press will invent some).

If she truly craved a title and status, why would she have stayed with Alex Loudon for three years? He has neither.

To be clear, I am not saying that you have the wrong impression about the Middletons, just that I really do not see where it is coming from.

Well, there are articles (I'll look later) where it talks about how Pippa has a checklist of expectations and Kate has apparently been known to give people frosty treatment if they aren't posh or connected enough. Alex is well connected gentry and it's just a pattern I've seen with that family.

Well, there are articles (I'll look later) where it talks about how Pippa has a checklist of expectations and Kate has apparently been known to give people frosty treatment if they aren't posh or connected enough. Alex is well connected gentry and it's just a pattern I've seen with that family.

Sounds like the same articles that have followed the family since Catherine started dating William. Basically accused the Middletons's of being social climbers because they had the gall not to know their place and where interested in becoming successful and offering their children a first class education.

If Pippa had a list of what she is looking for in a husband, she isn't the first or the last (of any social class, race or religion) to have that when looking for a mate. I have girlfriends who were looking for men who where Christian, or had a certain look or where professionals, etc. That's the norm for some women. Do they find these men? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. As you get older and mature (and honestly sometimes your dating pool becomes smaller) you make adjustments to your list. Also, as Mirabel has pointed out she has dated men who have no title. And yes they are rich, but guess what....she runs in that social circle.

I would be very interested in your sources especially since I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Catherine being frosty towards people. Except those who have an extreme dislike for Catherine, who have been known to make an article and/or Youtube video to support their dislike. Cutting and pasting information and/or events to support their viewpoints.

Last edited:
I guess I'm in good company then, because I, too, have a list of expectations and have been known to be frosty. These are NOT shortcomings in my book. In private life one can be as frosty as one pleases and have expectations of events/people with whom I fraternize.

Nothing wrong with being discerning.

I would be very interested in your sources especially since I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Catherine being frosty towards people. Except those who have an extreme dislike for Catherine, who have been known to make an article and/or Youtube video to support their dislike. Cutting and pasting information and/or events to support their viewpoints.

I had that same thought-the only time I've ever seen that are those ridiculous youtube videos that caption every look Kate gives frame by frame looking for any moment where she looks less than 100% happy, smiley, warm and perfect and then makes up interpretations of what's going on.

I think it is best to be circumspect about such reports. The Daily Mail and "certain sources" have been cultivating that field for quite awhile now. In fact, IMO, the DM does a very good job of generally keeping the "class pot" stirred. It is utterly ridiculous in this day and time and also a very dangerous thing to do. We have all read the responses to various articles in the DM coming from people who clearly do not think for themselves and who are green with envy about anyone who they see as one rung on the ladder higher. It really is laughable to see how easily some people are manipulated by the press.

Really, if the Middletons are such snobs, why would they have invited the butcher, the baker, the candlestick-maker to the Royal Wedding?
That was a very hot ticket; they could have asked anybody.

Personally I see the snob effect going the other way; some people resent the Middletons, who are not from a titled background and have earned their money instead of inheriting it, for breaking into elite social circles. These people seem to think Earls should only marry the daughters of other Earls.

But the times, they are a changin'....look at the Hanbury sisters! They are no better-connected than the Middletons, yet they recently married two of the wealthiest peers in Britain.

Last edited:
Well the class system is still alive and well in England, but generally I feel elements of the press are much more snobbish than the people they write about. Most parents would just be happy their children found someone they could love and make a happy life with, regardless of where that persons family come from. Coming from a family that through their own hard work were able to "Make it" might even be an advantage because if you marry into a family still maintaining their family pile in the country it takes a lot of hard work and innovation to keep it going through the generations.

I really don't like this look. Is she wearing black jeans, or black leggings? It seems to me that's black leggings, and I think that she shouldn't wear it with a so short top. Especially if she's going to work. She's Pippa Middleton, not Lindsay Lohan!
It's incredible to see that paparazzis shot her every day, while she's going to her job. She must be the only one on earth to have to live this kind of thing, even movie stars or singers have some quiet moments!

Last edited:
The white skirt with red stripes looks off season to me.

Still, imagine getting your picture snapped every time you leave the house, knowing you'll be in for all sorts of criticism later!

(I know I'd soon become paranoid about stepping outside!)

This is getting ridiculous and stalkerish.
I mean, someone feels the need to take a picture of this woman everyday going to work? What's the point of this?

I understand that the media, press and the public (well at least some of all of the three listed) have an interest in Catherine so maybe Pippa is the next best thing. But there is such a thing as saturation. If we see pics of Pippa doing everyday things plus the fabulous life she lives (the parties, the dresses, etc.). Who is going to want to see this forever. Its got to die down at some point.

Watch her get attacked for wearing fur! ;)

...and I'd be the first to do so. However, it appears that the garment is sheepskin (dyed). Sheep are a food animal and I have no objection to using the entire animal. I even have a garment similar to the one Pippa is wearing.

My objection is people wearing farmed fur. Like I've said before, take me to a restaurant in the western world that serves mink or fox or wolf and I will wear the fur of those animals.
-----------------------------------------
:previous: Plus getting groceries later in the day after going to work! :bang:

I don't understand this comment. It is not unusual to do a bit of grocery shopping at lunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom