Pippa Middleton: May 2011-May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spletnik -The street style - Pippa Middleton

I am not sure why people are interested in Ms. Middleton. She lacks an air of gentility about her, which is inherent in ladies from noble families (e.g., Lady Helen Taylor or Lady Gabriella Windsor).

The last time I checked, the Middleton's aren't a noble family.

Why are people interested? Because she is a young, pretty woman, who's sister will be Queen Consort of Great Britain.

I am no fan of Kate for this reason. I was raised to think that if you were a capable woman you had every right to go out and make a life and career for yourself and not rely on anyone else or sit around and wait for your "prince charming". In the respect I do commend Pippa for having a job and working at.

Yes, but if Kate had done so, tied herself up to a job and had a tight schedule, when would she ever have seen William?
Like it or not, he's not the boy next door; his schedule is pretty full.
Somebody has to adapt, and in this case, the only one free to adapt was Kate.
To be available for William, she did indeed look as if she was waiting around, but otherwise, they'd probably have gone their separate ways long ago.

Yes, but if Kate had done so, tied herself up to a job and had a tight schedule, when would she ever have seen William?
Like it or not, he's not the boy next door; his schedule is pretty full.
Somebody has to adapt, and in this case, the only one free to adapt was Kate.
To be available for William, she did indeed look as if she was waiting around, but otherwise, they'd probably have gone their separate ways long ago.

:lol: "To be available for William" remind me what century are we in again? If William wanted to be in a relationship with Catherine then he would have adapted simple as. Currently and during their relationship his job was in the forces, not as a royal. Plenty of forces girlfriends hold down jobs and manage to see their boyfriends or husbands when they can. It works both ways. Catherine could have held down a job and seen William, it was just easier for her to do nothing and wait around for her man to come home like you suggested. You didn't see other royal wives or fiancees doing nothing. But, this thread is about Pippa. :flowers:

You didn't see other royal wives or fiancees doing nothing.

Marie of Denmark who worked for her family as well in private? It is not really uncommon for children whose parents own a company to work there after finishing their studies instaed of working for somebody else. Why can't one have a fulfilling professional life on being employed by their own family's business? Most people I know who are the sons or daughters of people in family run business work for their family - it is not uncommon, especially if the business is organised in a way that they will have to take over one day. We all enjoy it if we are greeted cordially by a member of the owner-family at a family-run business (be it a bakery, a hotel or a shop), but now I realise that to some, they look down on said family member because he or she "has no real career or achievement as they only work for their family). Sad, that.

Let's stay on topic.

This thread isn't about Kate.

do we know that these are actual excerpts from the book or Daily Mail's imagining of how it would be?
Now, I'm completely neutral towards Pippa Middleton, but if she really wrote this kind of book, that's whole different story. Because if she wrote it, it's just tasteless. IMO, there's nothing tongue-in-cheek about it, it's just downright pure classless. :ermm:

But of course, if it's one of Daily Mail's one of great journalistic victories, then I wouldn't be surprised. :whistling:

... from the articel it's absolut clear to me, that it is a DM articel - nothing to do with what pippa would write in her book - very obvious sarcasm to me.

do we know that these are actual excerpts from the book or Daily Mail's imagining of how it would be?
Now, I'm completely neutral towards Pippa Middleton, but if she really wrote this kind of book, that's whole different story. Because if she wrote it, it's just tasteless. IMO, there's nothing tongue-in-cheek about it, it's just downright pure classless. :ermm:

But of course, if it's one of Daily Mail's one of great journalistic victories, then I wouldn't be surprised. :whistling:

It's just the DM; the rumor is that Pippa is in talks to write such a book, but it's far from a done deal.

I thought they had already split. I hope they don't link her to Harry again! I don't think Pippa is half as sexy as they make her out to be.

Looks like Splitsville ... Alex never stroke me as the type who would put up with all the wanted or unwanted attention Pippa has been generating.Pippa Middleton and Alex Loudon have split after 'blazing row' | Mail Online

I'm not really surprised.
I was more surprised when they got back together after their split last summer!

Her friends have been saying that Alex is a bit boring for Pippa; she's more a party type who likes to enjoy herself while he's a homebody.
Well, better to break up now than get married and have to get divorced.

If she was upset though, it was nice that she could go to Balmoral to spend the weekend with Kate and William.

Now I suppose we'll have tons of speculation about the new man in her life! Hope it's someone who can tolerate lots of publicity!

Last edited:
If not remaining with Alex,I think Pippa is rather pragmatic young woman who will surely finish to walk down the aisle with George Percy or other rich man coming from aristocratic family.

If not remaining with Alex,I think Pippa is rather pragmatic young woman who will surely finish to walk down the aisle with George Percy or other rich man coming from aristocratic family.

I think Pippa will marry a wealthy man, but I'm not so sure she'll marry a man of title.
There aren't that many possibilities; quite a few potential mates have married recently.

I don't know about George Percy; they didn't work out in the past so perhaps they are just not right together.

I love it :lol:

What a weird article. Obviously the Mail cannot yet decide to hype or slaughter Pippa. In the same way they can't decide what to think about Pippa's lifestyle. Or even life: she works as a party planner and editor of a magazine whose topic is parties. So when she attends parties, she doesn't work? Or does she?

We all know that the friends of the Middleton-family don't talk to the media. Plus all quotes are against Pippa and show her in a bad light. So I guess it's the Loudon-side who talks. Talk about a discreet family. If the article is to be believed, the Loudons wished for a different kind of fiancee. That's okay. But to tell the public that she is not "marriage material" is very ungenteel and plain disgusting.

But probably the author of this article has seen to many parts of "Upstairs, downstairs"....

What a weird article. Obviously the Mail cannot yet decide to hype or slaughter Pippa. In the same way they can't decide what to think about Pippa's lifestyle. Or even life: she works as a party planner and editor of a magazine whose topic is parties. So when she attends parties, she doesn't work? Or does she?

We all know that the friends of the Middleton-family don't talk to the media. Plus all quotes are against Pippa and show her in a bad light. So I guess it's the Loudon-side who talks. Talk about a discreet family. If the article is to be believed, the Loudons wished for a different kind of fiancee. That's okay. But to tell the public that she is not "marriage material" is very ungenteel and plain disgusting.

But probably the author of this article has seen to many parts of "Upstairs, downstairs"....

Also, at this point, suggesting that anyone is "too aristocratic" to stoop to marrying someone from the Middleton family is... well, rather ridiculous :flowers:

You may be right but I think that this quote from the article is telling

"But friends note that it has become increasingly difficult for Alex.
And they say he was less than impressed by Pippa’s behaviour at the Boodles Boxing Ball last month when she took to the dancefloor with another Old Etonian, Charlie ‘Sharky’ Astor, great grandson of the first Baron Astor of Hever.
One friend who was there said: ‘People were genuinely surprised to see Pippa letting her hair down on the dancefloor with Charlie.
‘She seemed to be revelling in his company and while she was enjoying herself on the dancefloor, Alex stayed at the table. It was awkward."

Not many steady boyfriends would be pleased in a situation like this.
Also the words "she is sweet but" to most people these words are very significant". Because of her sister she has become very sought after and quite the social butterfly, she, is a party planner and her family has never been slow to get publicity for their own party business so I suppose her private outings with her boyfriend were also very useful for her to get more publicity,but for someone like Alex who seems to have been brought up in a very different way makes her "not marriage material" for him, and that is most probably how the words should be interpreted.

Read more: Here's what Alex Loudon's frightfully grand family say about why he dumped the most eligible girl on Earth: 'She's sweet but Pippa isn't wife material' | Mail Online

Read more: Here's what Alex Loudon's frightfully grand family say about why he dumped the most eligible girl on Earth: 'She's sweet but Pippa isn't wife material' | Mail Online

YI suppose her private outings with her boyfriend were also very useful for her to get more publicity,but for someone like Alex who seems to have been brought up in a very different way makes her "not marriage material" for him, and that is most probably how the words should be interpreted.

But it's nothing new that Pippa loves to be at the center of attention - we all have seen the pictures from her days at university - she is the vivacious one while her sister Catherine is the more demure type. That's how she always was. New is only the very intense attention the tabloids pay her.

And of course this publicity is quite helpful for somebody who has chosen the profession of party planner/events manager. A profession genteel enough for an earl's daughter who is a cousin of the queen and has no problems to highlight her Royal connections on the homepage of her business Party Planners. So why shouldn't Pippa do likewise. At the moment she is learning the ropes but I'm sure she'll be executive director of her own business one day. And Carole and Michael Middleton won't work forever, so they need one or two children as successors. And none of them will be the future Queen of Britain. So IMHo it is okay what Pippa does.

That she can't stop the press coverage when it comes to her private life is the price to pay for her advantages. A price someone who really loves her will accept. And not go and tell ugly tales afterwards. She did not cheat on him and she did not say one word about him in public. So why hit her that way? For someone must have told the Mail and surely none of the Middleton-clan.

Maybe she even felt that she was loosing him and din't realise what it was he had problems with. Thus she tried the "Catherine got William back"-trick. Unfortunately Loudon is no prince but obviously a frog with too great a mouth to keep quiet.

Last edited:
I can't see in the Pippa in the future taking over her parents' business, I can't see with the state of the world finances that people will be making others millionaires by buying paper plates and hats. Perhaps they will branch out to something else.
I can't see anything wrong with traditional families, as for the royal family accepting the sister, after 8 years or thereabouts of living together I suppose it was the best thing to do.

expat said:
I can't see in the Pippa in the future taking over her parents' business, I can't see with the state of the world finances that people will be making others millionaires by buying paper plates and hats. Perhaps they will branch out to something else.
I can't see anything wrong with traditional families, as for the royal family accepting the sister, after 8 years or thereabouts of living together I suppose it was the best thing to do.

You do realize that it's already made the Middletons millionaires right? They've been incredibly successful and it makes sense that their children will eventually take over the business (except Kate of course.)

Also, as far as "traditional families"- if that means people that judge others based entirely off of superficial traits like wealth and position- well, in my book, that makes them shallow people not worth knowing.

And of course the Royal Family accepted Kate- she handled herself incredibly well as a royal girlfriend and she's already proving to be a wonderful asset to the family.

I was thinking more on the line of breeding, and of course I know they are already millionaires, I was talking about the future, I can't see that tacky party stuff will be that in demand in the future. The Queen gave her permission to the marriage so no one can complain but, thank goodness, we can still express our opinions.
As far as what I can interpret from the article the ex boyfriend and his family were fine until she started to flirt with the newspapers and old flames.

Alex comes off as insecure. He loved her but could not deal with the fact that by being beautiful as well as sister and bridesmaid to a future queen Pippa automatically would attract media attention. She is in the party business so that means attending parties. He probably made the right decision for himself if he wants a life in the backround but if he truly wanted to make a life with her he needed to grow a pair.

Alex sounds to me like a stuffed shirt.
As for Pippa not being wife material, she could have dumped him as soon as she was vaulted to fame but she remained loyal.

Honestly, I think so much of the venom unleashed at the Middleton family is due to the snob factor! Some people hate the fact that they made their own money and were accepted into society on their own merit, rather than through some inherited position.

Pippa has lost nothing by losing Alex, since it seems they are not suited. I hope she doesn't waste a moment's regret on him.

:previous: Totally agree.

I have never understood the nastiness directed toward the Middleton family. I mean, their business is trashed, their children are called social climbers. From what I can see, they are just living their lives and have done nothing to deserve the vitriol.

And speaking of tacky, I'd find it quite tacky if Alex or his family/friends are the sources for this latest article.

Last edited:
The Middletons should consider moving to the USA. They will be royalty there. Ms. Middleton appears to be a social butterfly.
Comments made by the Loundons come as no surprise. Perhaps they prefer somebody more discreet and have got different standards regarding people, who wish to join their family. Additionally Alex knows Ms. Middleton better than any of us.

Last edited:
I read this article this morning too. What struck me as interesting is her portrayal as a social climber. Recently a well connected friend of mine had lunch with a group of British reporters who went on and on about how the Middleton's are the most ambitious social climbers England has seen in generations. One reporter even went as far as comparing the Middleton's to the Boleyns. My point is that it probably wasn't the Loudons who came forward .. I believe this is just how the British press views the Middletons. I think in some ways they shower Pippa with media attention because they want to expose those characteristics. For whatever reason, I think the concept of the Middletons as "social climbers" is just a widely held estimation among the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom