The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My opinion is based on a quote from the columnist that was posted in a message. It was in no way reflective of you, royal rob, or your opinion which I respect as being a valid one.

All three of my children had different types of weddings from just a civil ceremony on a Friday afternoon, to a open bar "hall" wedding to a quite extravagant wedding and reception with all the trimmings. They also decided and paid for the wedding of their choice. Each was beautiful as, to me, it was the marriage that mattered and not the expenses doled out.

For me, this is exactly what Pippa and James are doing. Having a beautiful celebration of their relationship as they declare their vows to each other in marriage. Its their choice how they want to do it and if, as I have stated earlier, they wanted paratroopers in monkey suits descending with SWAG bags for all, its their choice. Of course we can have opinions but really, in the long run, those opinions don't matter at all.

I just find it in very poor taste that the media fills column space with insults and innuendos and trash people just because they can and it generates click bait and assures them of cash in their pockets.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I love this because it was yr choice. When I got married (5 years earlier and less of the "dark Ages"), we did the whole thing on £500, 20 guests and 4 days notice. It was what we wanted and we loved it. (30 yrs on, still happy)

And that's the point. Why should any of us stand in judgement on what someone else wants to do to celebrate their marriage? Just think about that?
I've had two weddings in my lifetime. The first was more on the lines of the right place to have a reception, the right way to do things and the inviting the right people to attend. My mother was "in charge" and she was far more of what could be deemed as a "status seeker" type than I'll ever be. That marriage lasted 20 years. My second wedding was a far cry from that and a civil ceremony on a Civil War courthouse steps. Had the flowers and wedding cake but just my sister in law as a witness and her 5 year old as a "flower girl". We'll celebrate 20 years in October. Living quite a distance from most of my family, we kept it simple.

Both weddings, to me, were beautiful and meaningful. Its not the price tag nor the carriages or the bubbles and doves but the two people actually getting married that really matter. It doesn't matter if the wedding cake costs an arm and leg and a few hangnails or the topping for the cake was bought at a flea market, its still a wedding cake and is edible.

To each their own.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The DM is reporting now, (don't know whether they are accurate, ha ha) that the wedding will have a Scottish theme with tartan, bagpipes and haggis canapés. I don't think either of the families have a Scottish background, though apparently Pippa enjoys hosting shoots at Glen Afric in the Highlands on the Matthews estate.

Also, all waiting staff are going to be security checked and have to surrender their phones, and an anonymous Russian has donated thousands of pounds worth of caviar for the reception. Curiouser and curiouser!

Pippa Middleton's wedding is going to be Scottish themed | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't her fiance's family own a property in Scotland? Maybe that's why this is coming up with the media.

LaRae
Old 05-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Not really that curious. It says in the article that James' father owns a castle and estate in the Highlands and he has a courtesy title, 'Laird of Glen Affric.' It also says Pippa and James spend a lot of time there, so that would be reason for the Scottish theme.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Not really that curious. It says in the article that James' father owns a castle and estate in the Highlands and he has a courtesy title, 'Laird of Glen Affric.' It also says Pippa and James spend a lot of time there, so that would be reason for the Scottish theme.
I love Scotland, too. That's nice that they have a place there. Is it near Balmoral or any of the royal residences? Anyone know?
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Not really a castle, it's a Victorian lodge. But still quite impressive

GlenAffric- LODGE

The estate, which was bought by Mr Matthews as a hotel property and is run as such, is 2.5 hours away from Balmoral. It is on its own loch, but closer to Loch Ness than balmoral. It's about 24 km west.

Pippa went to college in Edinburgh. She spent her weekends at the country estates up there. Not surprising if they do go with a highland theme. I had actually hoped for a wedding up there.

I highly doubt James will wear a kilt. His family is not Scottish. Grooms tend to wear tartan of their family. If neither bride nor groom are Scottish, it seems bizarre IMO the groom would wear. But some tartan decor would be lovely.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Again, as Pippa is a private citizen, she can have a Batman and Robin themed wedding if she likes.

As for the caviar, maybe Harry called in a favour from some of his Kazakhstan dictator connections. Serzhan Zhumashov probably knows a lot of Russian caviar suppliers.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Not really a castle, it's a Victorian lodge. But still quite impressive

GlenAffric- LODGE

The estate, which was bought by Mr !atthews as a hotel property and is run as such, is 2.5 hours away from Balmoral. It is on its own loch, but closer to Loch Ness than balmoral. It's about 24 km west.

Pippa went to college in Edinburgh. She spent her weekends at the country estates up there. Not surprising if they do go with a highland theme. I had actually hoped for a wedding up there.

Stunning ...would love to go there myself! Wonder if the Cambridges have visited yet.

Too bad they didn't do the wedding in Scotland...but it is nice too that she's marrying in the family area.

LaRae
Old 05-18-2017, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Again, as Pippa is a private citizen, she can have a Batman and Robin themed wedding if she likes.

As for the caviar, maybe Harry called in a favour from some of his Kazakhstan dictator connections. Serzhan Zhumashov probably knows a lot of Russian caviar suppliers.
Yes, we have to drag digs on Harry into discussions on Pippa's wedding, don't we, Rudolph, considering that Harry ONCE years ago when with Cressida Bonas joined a weekend ski jaunt connected with Zhumashov.

Actually, it's Andrew that has several links with Russian and other Eastern European oligarchs, so maybe he pulled strings.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry is a confirmed guest for Pippa's wedding. Hopefully he's not off limits.

Andrew isn't a guest and as far as I know he and Pippa aren't close.

Harry on the other hand, has Eastern European connections.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Aristocracy

I'd love to know how much of the tabloid dreams are actually true and how much is just made up click bait .
Old 05-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pippa Middleton: May 2011-

I heard there is an American who has friends in Russia who might have some caviar. I think it's over rated myself. ( the caviar I mean )
Old 05-19-2017, 12:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
I'd love to know how much of the tabloid dreams are actually true and how much is just made up click bait .
Well, I've already seen at least one publication claim to debunk the horse drawn carriage story.

I'd say that it's possible for a determined reporter to get "sources" to say whatever they want. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.. and if they say "So I've heard that there's going to be a flyby by spitfires, have you heard that" and one person falls for it and confirms it in order to look in the know.. well, now they have "a source".
Old 05-19-2017, 01:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I heard there is an American who has friends in Russia who might have some caviar. I think it's over rated myself. ( the caviar I mean )
Yes, I can't stand it either. Probably James M has contacts.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Naw... a superhero themed wedding would make it too easy for a tabloid reporter to disguise himself as Spiderman to scale the walls of the "crystal palace" for exclusive photos of the private party.

I would be interesting though if Pippa wore a Wonder Woman outfit instead of a wedding dress though. James could be the Green Lantern and use his powers to zap said Spiderman off the walls.

As far as caviar, I seriously doubt that anyone related to the the planning of the wedding would have to make any kind of a fishy deal.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Pippa wouldn't work as wonder woman. Press would criticize her for a tiara now maybe one of X men or black widow. Super girl
Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post

A lot depends on the weather if it's as bad as people are saying it's going to be some plans may have to be changed
Old 05-19-2017, 03:54 AM
Majesty

Pippa and James wedding cartoon

MAC ON...Pippa Middleton's wedding | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-19-2017, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

If Pippa does use some tartan in her wedding, what one could she use?
Aren't they all assigned to a particular family?
Or are there some generic ones?

Closed Thread

Tags
duke and duchess of cambridge, kate middleton, new york, pippa middleton